Author Topic: Get your BTS XT Balance Here from the Feb 28th snapshot  (Read 17561 times)

Offline blackbeard

• View Profile
What does the number in the JSON file map to? My numbers seem really high, unless I'm doing better than I think I am. I doubt I have 937615320 bts from one key

Offline Pixar

• View Profile
sorry, I tried signature validation, but it failed, why?

To validate the signature, open BitShares-PTS wallet, go to the File Menu, then to Verify Message.
Then enter the PaNGELmZgzRQCKeEKM6ifgTqNkC4ceiAWw, the sha256 hash, and the Signature above.

I'm having this issue too.  Can someone explain?  Where do you run the command shasum -a 256 get_bts_bal.tar.gz

Offline bytemaster

Genesis.json was created by one of the open source services.  And anyone can recreate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

It is missing the founders ags right now.   This includes ags and pts.

Source code is in bts_wallet directory   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline vikram

What about BTS derived from AGS given to Keyhotee founders?

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
Nice addition, thanks...

Just one question, I manually found my PTS address and it's BTS balance.. But, where/how/when can I found my BTS balance from my AGS donations. I understood it would map my BTC address to a BTS or PTS address on the new chain?
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline davidpbrown

not really understand how to check the balance...

In the absence of a better option and being on Linux, I just did a simple translate to make it readable.
So, in a terminal navigate to the get_bts_bal/ directory. Do something like
 tr '[' '\n' < ./genesis.json > read.txt
and that'll make the detail easy to read and search with a text editor. With a bit more of the same you can dump into a spreadsheet.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline kmtan

• View Profile
not really understand how to check the balance...

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
So, the file genesis.json appears to contain 57972 addresses and their balance.

Total of those balances appears to be 396666666666666, which I note is not exactly the money supply 400000000000000 with diff being 3333333333334. It would be useful to know what that difference is.
Maybe 10000 ags for the funder ID.

Offline mauritso

• View Profile
I will offer a nice tip for someone to enhance this utility to support all of the various wallet formats (apis are already done and in the code).

It should include Armory, Multibit, Eletcturm, and Blockchain.info dumps.

Can we get the source for that or am I missing something?
BTS: maurits

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
The ags-tracking websites could integrate this feature.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
can I get my bts amount from a multibit wallet(btc) which is not in wallet.dat format?

Offline davidpbrown

So, the file genesis.json appears to contain 57972 addresses and their balance.

Total of those balances appears to be 396666666666666, which I note is not exactly the money supply 400000000000000 with diff being 3333333333334. It would be useful to know what that difference is.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Are you going to be extending this genesis.json file to include AGS holders?

Offline theoretical

I'm not on a Mac, but the archive contains a file called genesis.json which contains all addresses and balances in a simple format.  You can easily check your balance "manually" by reading this file.  You may have balances at automatically generated change addresses, as well as the addresses listed in your "Receive" window, so you may need to use the listaccounts and getaddressesbyaccount commands to figure out all of your addresses.

Is there any chance we can see the code which was used to create genesis.json?  The initial balances should be publicly verifiable, i.e. derived from the blockchain with open-source code.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk