Author Topic: On Marketing and Priorities  (Read 16240 times)

Offline yellowecho

Why don't we do something similar to Peercoin's "Peer4Commit" project (http://peer4commit.com/)?
The community could basically vote with AGS/PTS which project they'd like next based on funding.  AGS could be forked and the chain used to fund projects but not otherwise tradable... or could be redeemed for PTS at a premium.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
When will it become the hub for investors/interested parties?   The forum should not be the place people have to go if they don't want to get wrong or outdated information.

Edit:
Okay, so I just listened to Brian's interview and now I know what website you're talking about, apparently it launches on the 21st.

That's fine, I'm very glad you guys are almost ready to launch.  I still think it is really a mistake to not have any blog presence up until that point as that's another full three weeks.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:43:45 pm by AdamBLevine »
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline bytemaster

Our new website has a blog in it...
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I just want everyone to be aware of what we have been doing the past two days:

1) Charles Evans and I just recorded a 1 hour interview discussing everything we are doing and explaining BTS X.   This will be edited and released as part of our marketing effort.

2) Brian Page, Stan, Charles, and I also met today to discuss an animated 90 second video explaining "What is BitShares"

3) I met with a reporter from the Roanoke Times who will be doing an article on what we are doing.

As you can see marketing is being given attention in between writing code and handling legal issues.   You need to understand that legal and marketing need to coordinate and that lawyers are known for anything but their speed in understanding these things or signing off on any particular language that they are comfortable with.

Also, We produced another Article, "A BitRose by Any Other Name" that Adam said would be published today (or yesterday) on Lets Talk Bitcoin.

I am also preparing a new page for our website that is a one-stop-shop for answering all of the questions everyone has about how things work. 

From where I sit we are spending a lot of time and effort on marketing and education.    I haven't read this whole thread, because we are very busy today, but I thought you all should know what we are doing in this domain.   

A lot of time and effort actually isn't the goal, effective use of both is.    Those sound like great things you did, where is the invictus blog to highlight these things?   

The BitRose piece is scheduled for wednesday, the gox drama screwed up our release schedule. 
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
The motto is decentralize everything, the community needs to step up and lead these initiatives - Propose actionable plans that Invictus can say "Yes, that's a great idea go do that" and when it's done award the funds they authorized, or ideally come up with a less centralized storage system so we don't wind up with our own little Empty Gox should the legal situation in Virginia get hairy.  Governments freeze funds first and ask questions later, and jail is real.

+5% wise, young Jedi

Should we find a group to hold a fraction of the angel funds in a multi-sig address? Perhaps me, adam, fuznuts, clains, dan, with 3 required to release funds?

+5%
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
The motto is decentralize everything, the community needs to step up and lead these initiatives - Propose actionable plans that Invictus can say "Yes, that's a great idea go do that" and when it's done award the funds they authorized, or ideally come up with a less centralized storage system so we don't wind up with our own little Empty Gox should the legal situation in Virginia get hairy.  Governments freeze funds first and ask questions later, and jail is real.

+5% wise, young Jedi

Should we find a group to hold a fraction of the angel funds in a multi-sig address? Perhaps me, adam, fuznuts, clains, dan, with 3 required to release funds?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline unimercio

• View Profile

+5% wise, young Jedi

Offline unimercio

• View Profile
3I - Let me know how I can help.

+5% right on... Lets fish or cut bait.
This is not about speculation and trading, stakeholders will step up and lead or follow.  8)

I3 is our defacto partner not benefactor, barring dumb luck or visions of black swan events success is NOT an entitlement. Good things happen while we work as others sleep.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

1) Charles Evans and I just recorded a 1 hour interview discussing everything we are doing and explaining BTS X.   This will be edited and released as part of our marketing effort.

2) Brian Page, Stan, Charles, and I also met today to discuss an animated 90 second video explaining "What is BitShares"

3) I met with a reporter from the Roanoke Times who will be doing an article on what we are doing.

As you can see marketing is being given attention in between writing code and handling legal issues.   You need to understand that legal and marketing need to coordinate and that lawyers are known for anything but their speed in understanding these things or signing off on any particular language that they are comfortable with.

Also, We produced another Article, "A BitRose by Any Other Name" that Adam said would be published today (or yesterday) on Lets Talk Bitcoin.

I am also preparing a new page for our website that is a one-stop-shop for answering all of the questions everyone has about how things work. 

From where I sit we are spending a lot of time and effort on marketing and education.    I haven't read this whole thread, because we are very busy today, but I thought you all should know what we are doing in this domain.   

This is awesome and we don't doubt that you're hard at work. I guess we just want Brian to participate on the forums more so we're kept in the loop and given feedback opportunities. The forum is an underutilized resource!
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

clout

I thought the initial fund raising ended with the feb. 28 snapshot. I3 has accumulated more than $2 million in the past 6 weeks from ags donations. I do not see how fundraising is what is necessary right now either. What is and has always been necessary is putting out a product.
Nope, fund-raising is scheduled to go for 199 days starting from Jan 1st. The 28th snapshot was just the freeze for BTS block chain.

Invictus has been pretty successful so far in raising money, I think, but I suppose there will be plenty of competition that can also raise a lot of money. I agree with you about the need to get out products, but I'd like to see us hire more people in order to speed up product development. Ideally, we should have enough marketing support from the community that Bytemaster can devote most of his time to product development, for example.

Yes, well I guess from my perspective the prospect of new DAC's is great an all, but they are contingent upon the success of Bitshare's x. The success of bitshares is the most essential marketing tool for future DAC's.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
I thought the initial fund raising ended with the feb. 28 snapshot. I3 has accumulated more than $2 million in the past 6 weeks from ags donations. I do not see how fundraising is what is necessary right now either. What is and has always been necessary is putting out a product.
Nope, fund-raising is scheduled to go for 199 days starting from Jan 1st. The 28th snapshot was just the freeze for BTS block chain.

Invictus has been pretty successful so far in raising money, I think, but I suppose there will be plenty of competition that can also raise a lot of money. I agree with you about the need to get out products, but I'd like to see us hire more people in order to speed up product development. Ideally, we should have enough marketing support from the community that Bytemaster can devote most of his time to product development, for example.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

clout

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Why would you push for more marketing when the test product hasn't even been launched yet?
Because we're fund raising now, and the fund raising has a finite end point.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

clout

Why would you push for more marketing when the test product hasn't even been launched yet?