Author Topic: On Marketing and Priorities  (Read 16008 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Invictus's only advantage is DACs that make economic sense and are truly value-producing. If Dan can finish BTS X and BTS DNS and put them on coinmarketcap before any of the other projects understand what they're missing then invictus will take off.

Keyhotee will market itself if we encourage devs to integrate it into other systems. We only need a blockchain and network for this! No UI! Stop the $[confidential?]/mo leak, poach 1 worthwhile p2p network engineer
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 11:00:41 pm by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
My suggestions:

* STOP Keyhotee UI development. Deploy the blockchain, get a CLI client and let people integrate it into stuff on their own. This is a *massive drain of precious angel resources*
* Dan focus on BTS X and BTS DNS and nothing else. Let someone else do "ceo" tasks, including kicking the marketing team into shape

I'm very strongly tempted to come to I3's offices and help them organize all their shit over spring break...
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Tuck Fheman

I also believe it should be the marketing director Brian who should be doing most of the on-camera press, blogging and evangelizing.  Daniels time is very valuable and he is not well suited for the role of spokesman. 

While I can agree with your stance that I3 needs a central hub for information sharing, I personally was drawn to Protoshares because of Daniel and how he explained Protoshares on several occasions.  One of those occasions was a LTB episode where Daniel had the guys from Mastercoin and Ethereum applauding what he had just said. So, perhaps it depends upon the listener?

I like hearing Daniel talk about this project. I do agree w/you that he has more pressing issues to attend to, but it is Daniel I want to hear from when it's all said and done.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
We had a bitcoin meetup yesterday in napa, had 9 people show up.  Every person there knew about Ethereum, NXT, and Mastercoin.  Four of them knew about Counterparty, one knew about eMunie.    None of them knew about Protoshares, Bitshares or Invictus innovations.   When I explained to them about the bitshare snapshot they were all interested but unfortunately they didn't know about it, seven of them were LTB listeners

Counterparty launched their blog yesterday (that is, a protocol that raised no money and has no paid staff, but does have a working distributed asset exchange, distributed betting etc) and announced their medium-term security audit and protocol upgrade strategy.  I would really encourage invictus to emulate them ASAP and get at least a temporary blog up that can be the central repository for the most important information every invictus investor/donor should know.   I also believe it should be the marketing director Brian who should be doing most of the on-camera press, blogging and evangelizing.  Daniels time is very valuable and he is not well suited for the role of spokesman. 

I am a fan of conferences when you need to make deals happen or need money, but if the goal is to "get the word out" I can't see any potential reason why going to the texas event should be more important than crafting a strategy to address the tens of thousands of people who are predisposed to being interested in Invictus's products but have never heard of them because there has been almost zero web outreach and the web presence for invictus continues to be insufficient to educate or inform all but the most dedicated and non-time-constrained supporters.    Invictus does not need money and they don't need thought leadership, which is the reason to give a talk - they need to deliver on a media strategy and deliver on their products. 

As they say, you don't starve - you drown.  I'm a huge invictus supporter and think the vision is right on but execution has been lacking and communication/marketing abysmal.  Please prioritize so I can stop complaining.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:40:58 pm by AdamBLevine »
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com