Author Topic: BitShares Music  (Read 10922 times)

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Well Bitshares Music will be the back end of websites running on top of it.
The pandora/8track/groveshark-ish website that allows you to create a profile and upload your songs will have a few mecanisms in place to garantee that a song (and all the songshares) was uploaded by the correct artist / band / record label.
You have the market for starters. People will not invest in a song that could just get ignored once the real celine dion tweets that Mario69 is not the one singing in my_heart_will_go_on.mp3
So the market/investors will want to make sure they are putting their cash in the place that will produce the most ROI.
Second is the Flag/report button. This could make the jukebox ignore the song and skip it, until the issue is resolved.
Third you could have a "verified account / profile". So when the song has a green check next to it, it's because the uploader proved that he or she is the content creator (or the record company that has the rights to Beach Boys - Surfing USA)

Does this make sense?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline smiley35

• View Profile
Ah, right, you could just change the song a tiny bit and it'll have a different fingerprint. I think "ninjaing" is a more appropriate term than "pirating" for the new paradigm.

Maybe you could gamify finding duplicate songs and punish the people who ninja songs?

I think what he's saying is what is to stop me from claiming to be lady gaga and selling share's in "my" new song?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Ah, right, you could just change the song a tiny bit and it'll have a different fingerprint. I think "ninjaing" is a more appropriate term than "pirating" for the new paradigm.

Maybe you could gamify finding duplicate songs and punish the people who ninja songs?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

bitbro

What I mean is, any song can be ripped and retitled -- will artists really benefit?

Offline toast

• View Profile
"Exhange" is an imperfect analogy. How about "songspace"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
There is no notion of "pirated song". Songs are intended to be copied.
What's being "pirated" is the exchange, so buy up shares of your song on all exchanges that are significant when you lauch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:22:48 am by toast »

bitbro

Just watched the intro video to the upcoming DACs.  Thank you, Daniel and team.

Question about Bitshares Music; What's to stop Person B from from copying Person A's song, producing a new chain for the same song and then selling shares in the pirated song?