Author Topic: BitShares Music  (Read 10913 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Actually, BitShares Music is backed by one of the most awe inspiring teams we have seen.

Who's on the team?

I've got to save something for the newsletter or no one will read it...   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline JA

• View Profile
Could we make the same Concept for TV Series or just Videos ?
Maybe over time it would create many interesting Channels

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
That piques my interest!
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline yellowecho

Actually, BitShares Music is backed by one of the most awe inspiring teams we have seen.

Who's on the team?

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Actually, BitShares Music is backed by one of the most awe inspiring teams we have seen.  It will soon be the model that all the other teams will be trying to match.  They definitely deserve a sub-forum.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Okay - BTS Me and BTS DNS  just got their own sub forums.  Where's the love for BTS Music?  This is a very attractive DAC let's give it some love.

+1   8)

Offline toast

• View Profile
If it's not under development, it shouldn't be under "Development" harr harr

I don't think anyone is actually writing code for it. If anything Lotto should have a subforum.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

bitbro

Okay - BTS Me and BTS DNS  just got their own sub forums.  Where's the love for BTS Music?  This is a very attractive DAC let's give it some love.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Or just a hash of the song file. But checking that the song you're listening to requires you to check against the actual audio of all the previous songs to make sure it didn't get ninja-d. Of course you could incentivize finding ninjas and then you would have someone just throw some AI at it and problem solved.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Ah, right, you could just change the song a tiny bit and it'll have a different fingerprint. I think "ninjaing" is a more appropriate term than "pirating" for the new paradigm.

Maybe you could gamify finding duplicate songs and punish the people who ninja songs?

Speaking from an implication perspective (not a coder): I don't think it would be too hard to upload of "proof of song [origin]" into the blockchain to prove you're the original artist.  Maybe something as simple as a fingerprint of the audio profile in a pdf would suffice?

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Im really excited that about the potential for a new revenue model for Music. But can someone explain to me, if I hold shares in a particular song by using Bitshares Music, where is the link between that song being played and my shares receiving dividends? I watched Dan's snapshot video where he touched on all the other DACs, but I didnt quite understand that key point.

Every sale generated by every website using the Bitshares Music Blockchain is where your dividends come from.
You will NOT receive dividends from itunes sales or CD sales or concert ticket sales.
BUT!
Bitshares Music aims to undercut itunes since it cuts out a gazilion middlemen... have you heard of micro-payments by any chance? (:
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Also, there are ways to use reputation and word of mouth to establish which of two submitters of the same song is likely to be the actual creator.  In this system, there is no advantage to choosing the other instead of the artist.  Identifying the artist's submission and investing in it will be more profitable than either "ninja-ing" someone's songs, or investing in ninja'd songs.

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
Songspace is a much better name than Bitshares music.

For a service provider, yes. BitShares Music is a good brand for Dan's underlying technology, but appending "Bit" and "coin" to one's retail brand is starting to feel as groovy ".com".

With regard to the attack suggested above, I met with some Haitian-Americans here in Miami a month or so ago, who told me that some artists in Haiti have huge fan bases, but that they do not have enough money to pay for a doctor's visit. While the temptation to ninja a Madonna song might be high, one would have to be a real unpleasant-person to rip off some guy in a tent city trying to scratch together a living.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
"Exhange" is an imperfect analogy. How about "songspace"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Songspace is a much better name than Bitshares music.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Im really excited that about the potential for a new revenue model for Music. But can someone explain to me, if I hold shares in a particular song by using Bitshares Music, where is the link between that song being played and my shares receiving dividends? I watched Dan's snapshot video where he touched on all the other DACs, but I didnt quite understand that key point.