Author Topic: 111* days estimated for Difficulty to retarget. Could this kill PTS?  (Read 94872 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Re: 111* days estimated for Difficulty to retarget. Could this kill PTS?
« Reply #278 on: May 23, 2014, 08:27:05 am »
So if I sent a few hundred PTS to an exchange to sell....and now they're stuck because the transaction has zero confirmations....I can't sell the PTS and I can't send the PTS back to my wallet to get a share in future DACs...this is pretty fucked...I come to the Bitshares message board almost every day and so no announcement about this....now it's going to cost me big time.

As long as  you have 0 confirmations the coins are effectively still yours, and you would receive equivalent shares in a future DAC.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline networker

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 23, 2014, 03:11:05 am »
any updates on BTS-X?  sucks to sit here watching the value of my PTS fall further with every passing week.  Be nice to know there is some sort of light at the end of the tunnel.

Light at the End of the Tunnel

The next few weeks will be full of jaw-dropping news.

I donated several PTS yesterday noon to get ags. Now almost 24 hours passed, the transaction is still not confirmed. Sigh :-(
BTW, where did you find so many funny pictures?

Offline evolvo

« Reply #276 on: May 23, 2014, 03:03:37 am »
So if I sent a few hundred PTS to an exchange to sell....and now they're stuck because the transaction has zero confirmations....I can't sell the PTS and I can't send the PTS back to my wallet to get a share in future DACs...this is pretty fucked...I come to the Bitshares message board almost every day and so no announcement about this....now it's going to cost me big time.
Welcome To The Blockchain (The Bitcoin Song) - by Toby + Decap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzNJr26H-4

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #275 on: May 19, 2014, 08:34:22 pm »
Check the bitsharesX updates or discussion thread. I just saw that ByteMaster posted an update and instruction on running an new and improved test-net on your local machine, with additional features enabled compared to the previous test-net, such as fork-handling and delegates enabled iirc.

It also seems to be a secure way to check if your balance has been recorded correctly in the genesis block, without needing to expose your keys to the internet. Judging from a couple of remarks here and there, it might even be that other DACs will be going live before the official release of the bitsharesX (non-test) DAC.

EDIT
Whoa, my posting-fu is severely lacking if there are 2 reactions before I finished my single one.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 08:37:08 pm by JoeyD »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #274 on: May 19, 2014, 08:31:42 pm »
any updates on BTS-X?  sucks to sit here watching the value of my PTS fall further with every passing week.  Be nice to know there is some sort of light at the end of the tunnel.

Light at the End of the Tunnel

The next few weeks will be full of jaw-dropping news.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #273 on: May 19, 2014, 08:26:36 pm »

Lots of light...

We have an entire status update thread.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline stanno

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 19, 2014, 08:16:01 pm »

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 14, 2014, 06:18:55 pm »
Why would X tests affect PTS price? Snapshot has been taken already.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

DPOS is supposed to be the sea at which the entire DAC fleet sails on.  With BTS-X as the flagship, I'd say it has a whole lot to do with PTS. Perhaps this is why there is such a caviler attitude toward PTS amongst Bitshares insiders, they assume PTS has nothing to do with BTS post snapshot. If BTS-X sinks like the Titanic, you can very well expect PTS to follow it.

Toast, can you give any insight on the status of the testing in layman terms? Particularly how the exchange is going? Is collateral working etc...?

No work on the exchange has taken place since DPOS since we want to have a solid foundation... I will provide more updates with respect to the exchange in a week or so.  Our primary focus is a solid chain foundation with DPOS.    So far we are relying on trustee model because the ability to handle natural chain forks automatically is challenging to say the least.    We are making the wallet/RPC api as close to compatible with bitcoin as possible which should make the DPOS update to PTS as easy as possible for the exchanges.

What happens for pts miners with their unconfirmed pts? since the difficulty changes at November. I think loz of ppl will have hundreds unconfirmed pts in their account. which means, if there are two DAC is releasing, ppl lose a lot of invest?

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 06, 2014, 07:24:15 pm »
Thanks! Not a programmer, so updates like that are very insightful. It gives me confidence.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2014, 06:59:12 pm »

DPOS is supposed to be the sea at which the entire DAC fleet sails on.  With BTS-X as the flagship, I'd say it has a whole lot to do with PTS. Perhaps this is why there is such a caviler attitude toward PTS amongst Bitshares insiders, they assume PTS has nothing to do with BTS post snapshot. If BTS-X sinks like the Titanic, you can very well expect PTS to follow it.

Toast, can you give any insight on the status of the testing in layman terms? Particularly how the exchange is going? Is collateral working etc...?

No work on the exchange has taken place since DPOS since we want to have a solid foundation... I will provide more updates with respect to the exchange in a week or so.  Our primary focus is a solid chain foundation with DPOS.    So far we are relying on trustee model because the ability to handle natural chain forks automatically is challenging to say the least.    We are making the wallet/RPC api as close to compatible with bitcoin as possible which should make the DPOS update to PTS as easy as possible for the exchanges.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 06, 2014, 06:42:24 pm »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Reply #267 on: May 06, 2014, 05:10:33 pm »

Delivery of one product gives confidence in the value of future products.

+5%

well said...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 05:41:40 pm by liondani »

Offline davidpbrown

« Reply #266 on: May 06, 2014, 05:04:54 pm »

Delivery of one product gives confidence in the value of future products.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #265 on: May 06, 2014, 05:02:29 pm »

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 06, 2014, 04:02:55 pm »
I updated the new numbers since it keeps bouncing around over 100 days to retarget.

Not that it matters. But it looks like we are a ways off before DPOS is working and then implemented to PTS.

In other news:
PTS continues to drop. Yesterday it was hitting below .0079. So it is dropping out of tandem with BTC dropping. This means the decline is accelerating a bit. Can't help but wonder if the slow network is the cause. With BTS-X testing, I would've thought price would be climbing. Perhaps the tests don't seem to indicate the product that was intended? Since I am not a programmer, I can only judge based on the effects on the quantified appendages to BTS, namely PTS. High and rising equals good. Low and falling equals not so good.

Anyone care to comment on the status of the BTS-X test and how it isn't affecting the price of PTS would be welcome and appreciated. As I said, I can't read code and the update test thread is full of problems and glitches posts. Any info on the way the exchange is working, delegate votes, BTS burning or destroying of assets etc.?