Author Topic: Anonymous Keyhotee Usernames  (Read 2290 times)

Offline leram84

• View Profile
well im no cryptography expert, but everything i have studied about it so far has lead me to believe that this shouldn't be complicated at all. It is the same principle as generating a public key from a private one through a one way function (granted you are going from public to private in this sense). I think this could be very important in the future if keyhotee really catches on. Imagine if websites use keyhotee reputation (or any other attributes, like number of times flagged, or places banned, etc) as a spam deterrent, and began weighting comments based on better user reputation, likes, etc.  In a situation like that it would immensely important to give users the ability to post anonymously but not be crippled (have their post buried at the bottom of long threads) for choosing to do so.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I think the closest you could get to this would be using a Zerocoin approach, and having a group of users with similar quality reputations deposit tokens, and then claim them under new pseudonyms.  There would be significant overhead, significant loss of privacy because the group would be known, and any member of the group losing reputation would hurt the reputation of every new pseudonym, so large groups would be difficult to manage.

I'm no Zerocoin expert, but I think it would be possible but terribly impractical.

Offline leram84

• View Profile
Would it be possible to create cryptographically linked anonymous usernames based off keyhotee usernames? In other words is there a way to let keyhotee users generate new anonymous usernames that can be linked back to the public keyhotee username without actually giving up the public name? This way you can pass along any quantifiable credibility (or any kind of attribute a keyhotee id is able to store in the future) you've earned under your public username but retain your privacy under a pseudonym.