Author Topic: [HELP NEEDED] accidentally deleted pts wallet!  (Read 4589 times)

Offline ruanjianusa

• View Profile
Re: [HELP NEEDED] accidentally deleted pts wallet!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 07:20:23 am »
I'm very nervous at this moment. I was trying to figure out how many BTS I will have. So I checked my pts wallet on my PC. then I found out that my 0.98 wallet was deleted (shift+delete) by myself after I sent all the rest of pts on it to my wallet on my mac and upgraded the PC version to 1.0 . I forgot THE old Wallet was the one I used to donate for AGS......................
   now I lost the wallet, and I thought the 1.0 will automatically save all the content from 0.98, I never knew they are totally separate ones.
   So, please help me, I donated around 230 pts from that wallet in two different times-- one 30 and another 200. the address is  PgLqTbH6pGLfLR57NBsqNgfXxfHgAwzPyJ.
   I used the same wallet to buy my fonder ID for keyhotee, and my Keyhotee public key is 7Mo9BtejttxJk1zLMLqJL9cM5HrGWkp3u7XzoATDVHE3jw3ckC
   I have total control of my heyhotee and hopefully the transaction record (from my pc to my mac) can both serve as a proof of my ags. that means a lot to me.

were you able to recover?

so far I just a few recovery software but didn't work. maybe that's because I don't really know how to use them.
I'll keep trying. or maybe there's a better way to recover it? a more reliable way?

As I recall in good recovery softwares theres a option to allow low level recovery. Takes more time but more effective.

If you want to make sure the wallet is still intact, lower your activity on your PC to decrease the write to your harddrive which makes older data deleted harder or impossible to recover.

Good luck hope you manage to recover it.

yes, you need to set the machine aside until you are ready to recover it else all is lost.

yeah, thanks a lot. that's what I'm doing. I stoped running my pc to prevent overwriting on my disk.

Offline ruanjianusa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 07:18:18 am »
You should be good dude.   Your wallet is in your \users\<your user name>\appdata\roaming\protoshares folder.   Should be a file named wallet.dat.  copy that to your \users\<your user name>\appdata\roaming\bitshares-PTS folder.  (Only do this if there is no pts in your 1.0 wallet).  The appdata folder is a hidden folder so you will have to enable "show hidden files and folders" ability to get there.  Under Windows 7 you will find this option under organize> folder and search options.   Under Windows eight it's a check box in the view section.   I can't remember how to do it in Vista or xp,  but Google is your best friend.

Edited to fix the shitty auto correct thanks to Samsung.

oh my god, thank you so much. what you said makes a lot of sense.
I remember that when i try to find out where the wallet file is located, it's not in the pts folder at all. so suppose to be somewhere else, which perfectly matches what you suggested. I'll look for it tmr, and if I can find it, I'm willing to pay you 5 pts to show my appreciation to your help. I'll see what I can do tmr.

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 04:06:38 pm »
I'm very nervous at this moment. I was trying to figure out how many BTS I will have. So I checked my pts wallet on my PC. then I found out that my 0.98 wallet was deleted (shift+delete) by myself after I sent all the rest of pts on it to my wallet on my mac and upgraded the PC version to 1.0 . I forgot THE old Wallet was the one I used to donate for AGS......................
   now I lost the wallet, and I thought the 1.0 will automatically save all the content from 0.98, I never knew they are totally separate ones.
   So, please help me, I donated around 230 pts from that wallet in two different times-- one 30 and another 200. the address is  PgLqTbH6pGLfLR57NBsqNgfXxfHgAwzPyJ.
   I used the same wallet to buy my fonder ID for keyhotee, and my Keyhotee public key is 7Mo9BtejttxJk1zLMLqJL9cM5HrGWkp3u7XzoATDVHE3jw3ckC
   I have total control of my heyhotee and hopefully the transaction record (from my pc to my mac) can both serve as a proof of my ags. that means a lot to me.

so far I just a few recovery software but didn't work. maybe that's because I don't really know how to use them.
I'll keep trying. or maybe there's a better way to recover it? a more reliable way?

As I recall in good recovery softwares theres a option to allow low level recovery. Takes more time but more effective.

If you want to make sure the wallet is still intact, lower your activity on your PC to decrease the write to your harddrive which makes older data deleted harder or impossible to recover.

yes, you need to set the machine aside until you are ready to recover it else all is lost.
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 07:50:05 am »
You should be good dude.   Your wallet is in your \users\<your user name>\appdata\roaming\protoshares folder.   Should be a file named wallet.dat.  copy that to your \users\<your user name>\appdata\roaming\bitshares-PTS folder.  (Only do this if there is no pts in your 1.0 wallet).  The appdata folder is a hidden folder so you will have to enable "show hidden files and folders" ability to get there.  Under Windows 7 you will find this option under organize> folder and search options.   Under Windows eight it's a check box in the view section.   I can't remember how to do it in Vista or xp,  but Google is your best friend.

Edited to fix the shitty auto correct thanks to Samsung.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 07:55:21 am by puppies »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 07:48:30 am »

If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline ruanjianusa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 05:22:19 am »

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 12:59:10 am »

Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 07:48:40 pm »
Even if is not in you recycle bin you still can recover. Use Recuva it is a free file recovering file : http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 07:31:56 pm »
shift+delete... Is it in your recycling bin?
If it's gone, it's gone =[
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline ruanjianusa

• View Profile
[HELP NEEDED] accidentally deleted pts wallet!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 06:33:52 pm »