Author Topic: [Proposal] Bounty for Easy to launch DAC code  (Read 5250 times)

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
Any applications developer eager to enter the DAC space should contribute to the bounty generously, count me in.
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
another interesting prospect of standardizing the code is a funded drive toward merge mining. I say this because the fall in hash behind PTS saw a rise in NRS, hat is not the most desirable situation as i prefer both chains to bw working, not one at the expense of the other.

If it is a possibility, it would solve the problem of hash power being divided between chains. This also puts the possibility of modular codebase in reach.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:06:47 pm by barwizi »
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
I agree.

I've started developing tools that will be useful for all DACs: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3368.0
Unless we port the whole BTS codebase then nobody can avoid having to use that as the core code for the DAC nodes. It's actually already very well written, just unapproachable for other reasons.

Great, i haven't looked into the BTS code properly yet. However if they take to this idea, maybe they should break it up into individual components. eg A set of BTSX bounties and a set of non BTSX bounties. One could be setting up a new github account with clean template of PTS, with a wiki that describes the process of forking and creating an alternate. This will tie in with the genesis initalization guide i wrote. Fot BTS maybe it could be a repository in the same account doing the same, even keyhotee will have a clean template. Compilation of these clean templates, the tools required and guides would be a huge step for the ecosystem. NRS code as well can be added.

Then as we progress, anyone has access and can request pulls that improve the code as a template. So much possibilities.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I agree.   When I create LTBcoin, I'm doing it on counterparty or mastercoin because it will be simple, fast and cheap for me to do it there.   We need a fast/easy solution as well.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I agree.

I've started developing tools that will be useful for all DACs: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3368.0
Unless we port the whole BTS codebase then nobody can avoid having to use that as the core code for the DAC nodes. It's actually already very well written, just unapproachable for other reasons.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Many people have ideas but no idea how to code. I propose a bounty be posted for clean templates of the existing code bases in the community for easy use, along with detailed guides on what can be modified in graduating order from a total noob to semi-competent developers. Thus far NRS,MMC,PTS are great but anyone who wishes to use them will suffer to get things started.

Additional Bounties could be set up for introducing new useable code bases for different applications.

This will help kick start DAC deployment outside of the usual developer circles.