Author Topic: Sovryn Tech interview with Brian Page released today  (Read 3513 times)

Offline fuzzy

Director of Marketing Brian Paige explains Bitshares on Sovryn Tech: w hosts Brian Sovryn and Stephanie Murphy

https://soundcloud.com/sovryntech/sovryn-tech-special-0018

up learning all this coding and photoshop stuff...and now I see this.  Decisions decisions...

Ok...i'll check it out since all you guys have so many wonderful words for it. ;)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
doing darkrooming on a DAC  +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% haha
No seriously I really loved this interview and would indeed be
a good start for people who like to know what this is all about. great work!
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Brilliant interview. It's probably the best place to direct anyone who wants to understand what Bitshares is all about in under one hour. Really impressed by Brian.

I love the vision of combining the best of Bitcoin with the NYSE and iTunes Appstore!

Tiny tensions:

1. Centralization of judges for the Shark Tank Competition.
2. Centralization of spending for the upcoming DAC event. (Literally a shark tank!?)

Whether or not you want to make all the decisions here, I think it would look better and be more consistent with the overall line if you can boast in interviews that you're at least involving the "highly active community" which "helps and participates" (etcetc.) in all of the decisions.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I don't believe AGS will ever be liquid, but when Bitshares comes out you will have those as liquid assets derived from Angelshares

I agree.  We can't stop someone from releasing a coin that maps to AGS and we can't stop the market from honoring that coin instead of AGS if it chooses.  We couldn't initiate or support that ourselves without altering the value proposition on which people have been relying.

The natural, gradual process of liquefaction is when new families of DACs spin off.   BitShares X effectively liquifies its portion of AGS for holders on February 28th.  If BitShares Bingo winds up serving as the prototype for a family of honorable gaming DACs then more of AGS would become liquid at that time.  So eventually AGS could become mostly liquid through the sum of all children it spawns.

I think Bitshares Bingo could end up being more important than Bitshares. If it's something which can be turned into a sort of web app then maybe anyone could put it in their website?

Casual people who don't know or care about finance will be interested in winning prizes.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

Brian did a great job in this interview and is getting better every single day.   Like everyone he sometimes has a hard time keeping up with the technical side and rapid changes as we learn and adapt.   There have been discussions on this forum of making AGS liquid, but of course like everything we do with respect to AGS... honoring it is merely a recommended way of gaining support of the community (and us) by meeting expectations.   If the market thinks it can gain support for a liquid form of AGS after the 200 days, then that will probably be what is adopted by DAC developers.

Note: a liquid form of AGS would increase their value relative to PTS as your 'frozen period' would be limited to several months instead of life... but it would not devalue the proposition of PTS aside from increasing competition in the market by people selling their AGS positions which would become fungible with PTS.   That said I could see PTS holders gaining from a TaPOS coin that 'froze' the PTS supply at 2M rather than allowing for continual inflation.  PTS and AGS could thus be merged into one chain with 4M coins.  In this way what PTS loses to competition form AGS (those who made along term commitment are not terribly likely to dump)... it picks up in reduced inflation.   Whether PTS has more to gain or lose from this situation is hard to know.

Brian and Charles Evens will both be doing as much or more speaking than me in the future, at least when it comes to non-technical interviews.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I don't believe AGS will ever be liquid, but when Bitshares comes out you will have those as liquid assets derived from Angelshares

I agree.  We can't stop someone from releasing a coin that maps to AGS and we can't stop the market from honoring that coin instead of AGS if it chooses.  We couldn't initiate or support that ourselves without altering the value proposition on which people have been relying.

The natural, gradual process of liquefaction is when new families of DACs spin off.   BitShares X effectively liquifies its portion of AGS for holders on February 28th.  If BitShares Bingo winds up serving as the prototype for a family of honorable gaming DACs then more of AGS would become liquid at that time.  So eventually AGS could become mostly liquid through the sum of all children it spawns. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Really great interview, It explains very clearly the concept, it's exciting to listen and gets  people attention and interested to investigate more.Very nice it is refreshing and encouraging for all of us to know that Brian is doing such a good job explaining Dac and Bitshares. We need more of this. +1

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
Yeah i'm all in favor of Brian doing 95% of of all interviews, soundbytes etc.   I'd like to see Daniel's time devoted to the most important  +5%

Brian, great interview man.  Really pleased to hear the "what bitcoin does for money, Bitshares does for business" analogy.   Really like "ultimate app store for entrepeneurs" these are all fantastic and *much* improved from the last round addressing people "so, you want to make a bet on the price of gold" when pretty much none of them want to make a bet on the price of gold lol.

Agreed, it's evident Daniel is multi talented, but he's most valuable in the tower "brewing DAC"  +5%
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Yeah that is the first time I have heard about AGS liquidity as well. Please address!

Otherwise  +5% +5% +5%
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:54:22 am by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline graffenwalder

That's what I thought, but Brian clearly states that AGS will become liquid somewhere at the end of the funding period (41:10). We'll let's hope it's a mistake, otherwise this will cause a major sh*tstorm.

But yeah, other than that great interview
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:52:02 pm by Graffenwalder »

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline graffenwalder

Did I get this right, will AGS become liquid after the fundraiser? 41:10

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Yeah i'm all in favor of Brian doing 95% of of all interviews, soundbytes etc.   I'd like to see Daniel's time devoted to the most important  +5%

Brian, great interview man.  Really pleased to hear the "what bitcoin does for money, Bitshares does for business" analogy.   Really like "ultimate app store for entrepeneurs" these are all fantastic and *much* improved from the last round addressing people "so, you want to make a bet on the price of gold" when pretty much none of them want to make a bet on the price of gold lol. 
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline BitSharesDevelopment

• View Profile
Director of Marketing Brian Paige explains Bitshares on Sovryn Tech: w hosts Brian Sovryn and Stephanie Murphy

https://soundcloud.com/sovryntech/sovryn-tech-special-0018
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 03:58:32 pm by bitSharesPR »