Author Topic: DACIndex.com now live  (Read 20808 times)

38PTSWarrior

Hey, even little jokes can hurt someone. Let's make Pam proud and be good to each other. Adam you have to control your temper a little and not hijack celebration threads, even it is most important for you. Also people are going through difficult times sometimes and we should stop bullying once we see it.

I like the movie cloud atlas. I am starting my delorian now.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

indeed, really outdated! any feedback on this?  Adam?

He changed his name to Eagleeye. Didn't you know?

Just kidding.

LOL
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

He changed his name to Eagleeye. Didn't you know?

Just kidding.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Fuznuts, you made a good post.   

Some things to realize about Brian Page.... he has a flair for things that grab attention and may not be practical.  His job is to get attention and he thinks outside the box.   Whether or not having actual sharks makes sense as something that would attract people I do not know.  Brian is still learning his target audience and is pulling from experience he has in other fields where 'stunts' generate attention and thus sales.  Gregory Wexler and his wife Amanda are working in the background with Brian to keep things in perspective with a focus on return on investment.   Brian is doing a great job overall.         

Also note that Brian has been told that the conference should earn a profit, I have given him financial incentives to minimize the use of AGS funds and maximize the revenue from ticket sales.   If everything works as planned the conference will cost the AGS holders nothing, generate a lot of publicity, and Brian will have earned a small profit for a job well done.
Since we know a member of the real shark thank. Why not hold a bitshares Shark tank. On the board: Dan, Kevin, else. Maybe also Vitalik if you want to do it in cooperation with Ethereum. It wount bring Kevin the high tv ratings but he can sharpen his profile and reputation and show ppl that he has (investment) skills outside of the product line of a normal shark tank show which is not what serious investors look for really.

+5% +5%

Now is the excellent time to resurrect this idea!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
it seems this page is close to 'unmaintained' :-(

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Some things to realize about Brian Page.... he has a flair for things that grab attention and may not be practical.  His job is to get attention and he thinks outside the box.   Whether or not having actual sharks makes sense as something that would attract people I do not know.  Brian is still learning his target audience and is pulling from experience he has in other fields where 'stunts' generate attention and thus sales.  Gregory Wexler and his wife Amanda are working in the background with Brian to keep things in perspective with a focus on return on investment.   Brian is doing a great job overall.         

Also note that Brian has been told that the conference should earn a profit, I have given him financial incentives to minimize the use of AGS funds and maximize the revenue from ticket sales.   If everything works as planned the conference will cost the AGS holders nothing, generate a lot of publicity, and Brian will have earned a small profit for a job well done.
Since we know a member of the real shark thank. Why not hold a bitshares Shark tank. On the board: Dan, Kevin, else. Maybe also Vitalik if you want to do it in cooperation with Ethereum. It wount bring Kevin the high tv ratings but he can sharpen his profile and reputation and show ppl that he has (investment) skills outside of the product line of a normal shark tank show which is not what serious investors look for really.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
it seems this page is close to 'unmaintained' :-(

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Lol .. well said +5%

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Can you add bitsharesX? Pls

it belong to a crypto 3.0 list not here!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Can you add bitsharesX? Pls

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

I hope you guys dont mind, but I'd like to help iron things out a bit.  Of course, if I am incorrect in any place please let me know.  Adam is the host of the first of a growing media network called "Let's Talk Bitcoin".  He literally did what most people are not willing to do and put his ass on the line to establish his network from the ground up.  This takes balls.  He gets the highest of regard from me. 

However we are in a place that is no longer as cut and dry as "hey we can store data on a decentralized blockchain instead of using centralized servers".  I know you guys wouldn't believe it, but the things he has said on here actually are pretty solid.  He gives very good advice and has the ears (which I am sure he uses) of other very brilliant engineers in the field.  He is also trying to incorporate new tech into his network everywhere he can...so some of the criticisms are legit in my opinion. 

Where I think we run into a problem is that with Adam, it seems like he has a healthy dose of idealism (why I personally love his show) that still can sometimes make less tech-centered minds smash heads with those who are on the engineering side of things.  I trust Adams intentions just like I trust Bytemasters.  They obviously consider two slightly different paths as being necessary with respect to the roll-out of this. 

However, I think most of the "disruptive" "FUD" he puts on this forum is with regard to outreach and teaching the community--which is not FUD at all.  THIS IS IMPORTANT and is why I am trying to build something behind the scenes (and learn everything needed to appropriately help others understand). 

When I heard Brian say in his latest interview that they would be getting real shark tanks and filling them with actual sharks I couldn't help but think..."why the hell would they prioritize this ahead of teaching people about the very basics of their technology?".  I think it is precisely decisions like this that make one question the focus of investment of AGS funds given by the community.

With that said, I want to take the opportunity to thank you Adam for all you have done for the crypto community.  It does not go unnoticed by many of us here on the forums and for those who do not understand, I hope they will realize your intention is to HELP the community and not spread "FUD". 

On another note, I have to say that consensus technology...from what I have learned, does not necessarily need to rely solely on mining to remain decentralized.  We are still in the nose-bleeding edge of this tech and the entire community of devs will eventually come to a consensus on what way is best to move forward.  Big changes will be necessary for ALL of the teams working in this area if they are to continue to exist as huge leaps in tech will be unavoidable. 

With that said, holding Invictus to a particular avenue is unnecessary as they will be forced to change.  I do, however, and always will have concerns for centralization of this power (precisely why I fear the "one-blockchain to rule them all of ethereum). Thanks for DACIndex.com, and please keep throwing "FUD" because it all keeps us honest with ourselves and reminds us we didn't get into crypto to make a more sophisticated version of the Debt and Death Paradigm we currently have today, but to fundamentally change the reward systems upon which we base all human interaction. 

This is important...

As for Bytemaster...thanks for doing your best to help the initial investors as you move forward with changes that need to be made.  This will NOT ALWAYS BE POSSIBLE, but the fact that you do it when you can makes me realize where your intentions are and that makes me continue to be a long-term holder.  It also makes me realize you listen to the community.  I distinctly remember positing the very idea of making sure all changes benefit PTS holders as opposed to hurting their bottom line very early on in the forums--you said you would take it into consideration, and obviously did). 

Now lets stop bickering, realize we will all have our differences and come to a consensus on one thing--How Crypto-Equities can lift the world out of poverty and debt-slavery!

*Amen*
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:55:14 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline jae208

• View Profile
The only problem is that Darth Vadar altered it for the worse... which means that from Adam's perspective changes that benefit AGS and PTS holders is seen as for the worse.  This implies that he is in favor of us taking actions that would harm existing AGS and PTS holders and instead benefit some other group of people.  His comments and angry posts on this forum have demonstrated a complete lack of consideration for the best interest of the community.

+5%

This right here is exactly why I have said that I personally trust Bytemaster. Sure, the deal may have changed a bit but I am actually happier about the change and as PTS/AGS holders we have benefited more because of it, this community is better off because of it. Plus, for funds can be used in making meaningful progress rather than mining. I think the people that were more interested in mining Bitshares and dumping them as soon as they were mined are the ones that are upset about this change.

http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
it's more about long term PTS holders + promises and less about AGS
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
I don't know him but he sure is gifted with the ability to shake things up and cause small mutinies in this peaceful community. It's not about what he's telling but in the way he's telling it.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news