Author Topic: DACIndex.com now live  (Read 20787 times)

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
It will fix itself with the buzz and advent of new DACs.  I think that's your point, as well as Daniels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the last 48hrs I've spoken with a DAC development team lead who apparently approached invictus about developing their ecosystem on the AGS/PTS platform, but Invictus told them if they wanted to have a stake before they announce and develop their first platform they should "buy some while they're cheap"

This was weeks ago when the price was quite a bit higher.   Point is, there is no reason to jump into this ecosystem if you have no stake in it.  Invictus sucked up all the funds intended for investing and incentivizing development of the community and now is the boot standing on the neck of DAC development.

How exactly do you think "Buzz" happens?   Because there is good news and things are in development.     I don't understand why it makes sense to sit on 300,000PTS and over a thousand BTC if the plan is to not spend it incentivizing other people into the space.   Invictus said "AGS Funds will never be taken as profit" but they ARE using them to pay for salaries and general operating costs at invictus, so while it may not be "profit" they are PAYING THEMSELVES using these funds and not using them to incentivize other developers getting into their ecosystem, which was much of the intent of the fund if I recall correctly. 

A bounty literally is saying "IF someone does this thing we want done, to the specifications we require we guarantee to pay whoever does it this fixed amount"  So it's not like they're just throwing money around, they ONLY pay for results in this scenario.

I'm getting tired of saying the same obvious things.  I have been very patient but that is ending.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

bitbro

It will fix itself with the buzz and advent of new DACs.  I think that's your point, as well as Daniels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
The problem with mining is that if the difficulty gets high and the market adjusts the price then it becomes 'unprofitable' to mine and thus people stop doing it.  However, if the shareholders in PTS believe it needs faster confirmations then they will 'mine' without direct profit to protect their existing value.  So I can assure you mining will not stop.

The long term solution to PTS is to convert it to TaPOS chain and then abandon the Bitcoin based chain.   

In the mean time the way we are working to save it is to raise awareness about upcoming DACs by documenting and releasing specs.   When this happens the price will pick up and thus mining interest will resume.

Daniel, the only reason people stopped mining PTS is because they don't understand why they'd want to keep mining PTS for some potential reward at some potential point in the future, right after all the value (BTS) has been sucked out of it.

Any response to the bounty proposal?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3363.0

I don't understand your priorities, you comment on why PTS isn't worth mining but not on an initiative that could fix the problem.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Looks good Adam!

A high market cap on PTS = Publicity for Invictus. It also increases bounties/salaries and AGS donations.

Offline Pairmike

http://dacindex.com

Part one of this two part project is out in minimum-viable-product form.   Tracks all 2.0 metacoins right now using CoinMarketCap data, we're moving towards custom metrics and figuring our the best way to determine an index price.  I'm thinking it might be market cap / 1,000,000 BUT with coins like XRP and NXT in there you can't really do anything by market cap because their volume is soooooooooooo low relative since most of the coins are held in few hands and don't trade.

So Protoshares is doing well because we're doing the primary ranking by 24hr market volume, which is a more real estimation of whats going on.

Comments are welcome but just be aware this is a very early project and a proof of concept launch.
Hey Adam,

You spoke about a part two of this project.  Can you provide additional details?
https://Steemit.com | The Social Media Network that Pays

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Protoshares is like a protodac, and it did just spawn Bitshares so it is definitely not a 1.0 coin.   I view protoshares as a 1.5
Good point :-)
+5%

Offline bytemaster

The problem with mining is that if the difficulty gets high and the market adjusts the price then it becomes 'unprofitable' to mine and thus people stop doing it.  However, if the shareholders in PTS believe it needs faster confirmations then they will 'mine' without direct profit to protect their existing value.  So I can assure you mining will not stop.

The long term solution to PTS is to convert it to TaPOS chain and then abandon the Bitcoin based chain.   

In the mean time the way we are working to save it is to raise awareness about upcoming DACs by documenting and releasing specs.   When this happens the price will pick up and thus mining interest will resume.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Why are people trying to "save" protoshares? Low mining interest means NOTHING, mining interest does not generate demand. The only problem is slower blocks because the difficulty is not caught up. PTS was never intended to have advanced features, FFS it uses proof of work when invictus is clearly against mining. Maybe I'm missing the point?

I personally want quick blocks because quick block make quick tx, which means i can make useful arbitrage, does that make sense to you?  because sitting on PTS while it does nothing waiting for "something " is not  what  anyone  has in mind if they  are truly business minded
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 07:08:22 am by barwizi »
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Why are people trying to "save" protoshares? Low mining interest means NOTHING, mining interest does not generate demand. The only problem is slower blocks because the difficulty is not caught up. PTS was never intended to have advanced features, FFS it uses proof of work when invictus is clearly against mining. Maybe I'm missing the point?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

Part one of this two part project is out in minimum-viable-product form.   Tracks all 2.0 metacoins right now using CoinMarketCap data, we're moving towards custom metrics and figuring our the best way to determine an index price.  I'm thinking it might be market cap / 1,000,000 BUT with coins like XRP and NXT in there you can't really do anything by market cap because their volume is soooooooooooo low relative since most of the coins are held in few hands and don't trade.

So Protoshares is doing well because we're doing the primary ranking by 24hr market volume, which is a more real estimation of whats going on.

Comments are welcome but just be aware this is a very early project and a proof of concept launch.

will you be selling banner space?

Probably won't be selling banner space, it's part of a larger play here.

Actually, protoshares are not metacoins .. bitshares will be ..

Besides that .. nice site

Protoshares is like a protodac, and it did just spawn Bitshares so it is definitely not a 1.0 coin.   I view protoshares as a 1.5

when i see how they are being abandoned, they fall back to 1.0, seriously after the flurry of community ideas to try re-vitalize it, no real response yet from invictus.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Probably won't be selling banner space, it's part of a larger play here.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

I would find a 24h change against USD more helpful than one against BTC.

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio

Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline oco101

• View Profile