Author Topic: Donated AGS from KryptoKit.  (Read 2856 times)

Offline etherbroker

• View Profile
Although I will say I still don't know how to get a wallet.dat out of blockchain.info

but they have plenty of export methods, so I'm sure it will be fine and it was already listed an acceptable wallet to donate from

Offline etherbroker

• View Profile
You can just import the private key to a Qt-Wallet or a blockchain.info wallet
And when Bitshares are available just import the wallet.dat

Thank you jabba,
at one time I did believe my donation was gone forever.

I haven't responded to this thread, but I have now made the time to do what you suggested and it worked flawlessly.  I have my wallet under my control with blockchain.info now.   8)

Offline JA

• View Profile
OH WOW, that's a relief.

I have everything backed up, you can back up KryptoKit, I used it on a whim, its not good for this kind of thing

Maybe for spending a few milibits here and there

Thanks for you help, I will probably still need help again when it is time to export it to Bitshares wallet...  If that is possible, but I take this as a good sign that I will be OK
You can just import the private key to a Qt-Wallet or a blockchain.info wallet
And when Bitshares are available just import the wallet.dat

Offline etherbroker

• View Profile
OH WOW, that's a relief.

I have everything backed up, you can back up KryptoKit, I used it on a whim, its not good for this kind of thing

Maybe for spending a few milibits here and there

Thanks for you help, I will probably still need help again when it is time to export it to Bitshares wallet...  If that is possible, but I take this as a good sign that I will be OK

Offline JA

• View Profile
Go to "Wallet options" click "export brainwallet"
copy the passphrase in the red field
Disable internet (for more safety)
Go to http://brainwallet.org/
paste in passphrase
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand your done

edit: I would reccomend you don't use KryptoKit (or at least don't store too much on it)
because one time i turned off my PC and Chrome wasn't closed before and all my Add-on's where deleted
(maybe there is a backup copy somewhere but i doubt it )
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 05:28:36 am by jabbajabba »

Offline etherbroker

• View Profile
 :'(  It doesn't let me have the private key.  The support didn't answer my email 'would I ever be able to export the wallet'

How screwed am I?  Can I export a Krypto-Kit wallet?  Can I hijack my own broswer?  I think the private key is encrypted.  :'(