Author Topic: I understand why MMC and NRS upset me, and an opinion about social consensus  (Read 5321 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
So there's two discussions: 1) 10% is arbitrary and too much, vs 10% became not-arbitrary once invictus made their commitment to it; and 2) PTS/AGS holder attention is valuable because of the rewards that come with perceived willingness to be part of the community, vs it is only valuable because it gives financial stake in the project
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
But 1% isnt honoring the agreement. Also I don't believe anyone will be interested in these coins as they require mining and do not have any mechanism for price stability. Given that people still believe bitshares to be a scam because of invictus' association with FreeTrade and MMC, I don't believe that MMC should have its own subforum either.

Well technically neither had to honor anything because the agreement really is only tied to the SCSL. 10% each is an arbitrary number, but that's the number which was set in stone when the social consensus was first proposed.
So yes, they both honored PTS/AGS, but neither played along with the Social Consensus.  That's fine, it's just a statement that says, "we don't value PTS/AGS holders enough to want a fast-track to their good side".
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

clout

But 1% isnt honoring the agreement. Also I don't believe anyone will be interested in these coins as they require mining and do not have any mechanism for price stability. Given that people still believe bitshares to be a scam because of invictus' association with FreeTrade and MMC, I don't believe that MMC should have its own subforum either.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Don't understand why MMC got their on sub forum whereas NRS is moved to OFF- topic, cause when i am right, then both didn't honor our social contract! Or did i miss something?
Pls correct me if i'm totally wrong...

MMC honored pts

So did NRS, both were 1% IIRC

clout

Don't understand why MMC got their on sub forum whereas NRS is moved to OFF- topic, cause when i am right, then both didn't honor our social contract! Or did i miss something?

MMC honored pts

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Could you nice folks all stop arguing? Its not good for us kids to see the elders fighting.

no no , we aren't fighting. This is how we communicate.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

sumantso

Could you nice folks all stop arguing? Its not good for us kids to see the elders fighting.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
toast, lets be honest. you haven't held a single iota of interest. What has changed....? Maybe the sudden jumps in traded volumes? Or was someone kind enough to show you the huge potential having a few NRS puts in your hands?

Haha... no, it was the discussion in the other threads. And who says I haven't secretly purchased NRS already? This whole thing is about public support.

yes, btw....you are not saying much about MMC. seems to me that something else is driving you.

Could be that the entire MMC board is on ignore, whereas NRS is in boards I don't have ignored.

You stated your disinterest clearly...what more do you want from me?

Nothing, believe it or not this thread is aimed at everyone outside of NRS and MMC.

Keep buying. Next few weeks are going to be eventful.

Offline toast

• View Profile
toast, lets be honest. you haven't held a single iota of interest. What has changed....? Maybe the sudden jumps in traded volumes? Or was someone kind enough to show you the huge potential having a few NRS puts in your hands?

Haha... no, it was the discussion in the other threads. And who says I haven't secretly purchased NRS already? This whole thing is about public support.

yes, btw....you are not saying much about MMC. seems to me that something else is driving you.

Could be that the entire MMC board is on ignore, whereas NRS is in boards I don't have ignored.

Nothing, believe it or not this thread is aimed at everyone outside of NRS and MMC.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
In this case it's you saying that the % i am giving you is worthless. If you feel that it is worthless, then why are you even bothered?

Aha! Now we're getting somewhere!
Because the PTS/AGS social contract has the potential to be a very powerful force and by taking extreme stances like this I am nurturing it.

You say, "I will not choose to participate in this agreement, because I do not need your end of the agreement". That is perfectly acceptable, especially given the support you have that you alluded to. You do not need my support, you do not need good vibes among PTS holders, you do not need to be part of the PTS/AGS family. Awesome! Sounds like you guys are gonna do just fine then.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:58:26 pm by barwizi »

Offline toast

• View Profile
In this case it's you saying that the % i am giving you is worthless. If you feel that it is worthless, then why are you even bothered?

Aha! Now we're getting somewhere!
Because the PTS/AGS social contract has the potential to be a very powerful force and by taking extreme stances like this I am nurturing it.

You say, "I will not choose to participate in this agreement, because I do not need your end of the agreement". That is perfectly acceptable, especially given the support you have that you alluded to. You do not need my support, you do not need good vibes among PTS holders, you do not need to be part of the PTS/AGS family. Awesome! Sounds like you guys are gonna do just fine then.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

toast. Invictus has tried to impose a "tax". Every interested person PTS holder or not will tell you that i like engaging and working with people. Have you shown intrest inmy project at all? NO!!! but you still want me to line your pockets? LOL.

As a result I for one am not interested in this project, but I wish you guys luck!

Again you have things in the wrong order. I wrote that IN RESPONSE TO the fact that you wouldn't honor AGS/PTS. Please quote my entire post!

"Line my pockets"? I'd have a tiny fraction of NRS still. Less than 0.001%.

I just wouldn't feel like you are telling me I am worthless.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Without censorship:
No 10% to AGS/PTS? Your reasons for not doing this are bad IMO, it seems like you're missing the whole points of protoshares.

As a result I for one am not interested in this project, but I wish you guys luck!

Offline toast

• View Profile

toast. Invictus has tried to impose a "tax". Every interested person PTS holder or not will tell you that i like engaging and working with people. Have you shown intrest inmy project at all? NO!!! but you still want me to line your pockets? LOL.

Again you have things in the wrong order. I wrote that IN RESPONSE TO the fact that you wouldn't honor AGS/PTS. Please quote my entire post!

"Line my pockets"? I'd have a tiny fraction of NRS still. Less than 0.001%.

I just wouldn't feel like you are telling me I am worthless.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:28:22 pm by toast »