Author Topic: T-shirts/swag ideas  (Read 14939 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

'No Man, No Problem'

Ad for the trustless world ahead!

????
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
The 'kill banks' quote sounds too anarchist. To me, this is not about destroying something, only improving it and creating a better mousetrap. If the old order is no longer needed, then so be it, and let it fall away organically, but I am not out to kill anything.

It is a T-shirt and meant to grab attention.  The banks are not going anywhere and can't be killed.  A lot of people not very happy with banking system these past 10-20 years.   It is an inanimate object.

Actually I like Charles H's suggestion of "IPO in a box".  You read enough stuff on here and there are some gems.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Your thoughts are to not use the Jackson qoute because of some of the polices he enacted at the time? I am not suggesting we choose him as a idol as most people will have no idea of any of his polices. I am merely suggesting we use his qoute because its short and powerful.

there's a joseph stalin quote on bitshares.org, after all...
which one/where?

http://bitshares.org/industries/voting/

Great we need:

'Yest cheloveka imeeet problema, net cheloveka ne imeet probema...'

Very crypto ring to it too....

Ridiculous...

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
The 'kill banks' quote sounds too anarchist. To me, this is not about destroying something, only improving it and creating a better mousetrap. If the old order is no longer needed, then so be it, and let it fall away organically, but I am not out to kill anything.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Your thoughts are to not use the Jackson qoute because of some of the polices he enacted at the time? I am not suggesting we choose him as a idol as most people will have no idea of any of his polices. I am merely suggesting we use his qoute because its short and powerful.

which one/where?

http://bitshares.org/industries/voting/
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

which one/where?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I am merely suggesting to not use quotes easily attributable to their author.

You might like them, the quotes that is.
You might not know who the author is (in this case you even do know who the author is). But if enough people do, such quotes carry certain baggage with them.

And I personally would not like to defend Andrew Jackson's believes.... or Karl Marx' for that matter.

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I just hope 'We kill the bank'
without Andrew Jackson's 'contributions' to the economy, by doing so.

Choosing  another idol altogether, is even better idea.

2c.

I want to make sure I follow you on this. Your thoughts are to not use the Jackson qoute because of some of the polices he enacted at the time? I am not suggesting we choose him as a idol as most people will have no idea of any of his polices. I am merely suggesting we use his qoute because its short and powerful. Their is also his name that is attached to it which most people may not know his history but is someone you have heard of before, kinda a star power if you will.

My question to you would be do you have a easily identifiable person who has a short powerful quote. There is, I am sure better options but I just can't think of any(also I love the quote).

I am meeting with my friend tomorrow and I will show him some logos on the site and see what he can come up with along with a price and estimated time of completion.     

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I just hope 'We kill the bank'
without Andrew Jackson's 'contributions' to the economy, by doing so.

Choosing  another idol altogether, is even better idea.

2c.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 05:24:51 pm by ʞʎuoʇ »

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
'The revolution will not be centralised' seems a bit long to me for a T-Shirt but I see it's really popular and I can't think of anything better.

For BitsharesX, what about Andrew Jackson's famous quote (which is also on his tombstone I believe.)

'I killed the bank'
- Andrew Jackson

I think that written on the back of a shirt will get a lot of attention. The quote stems from the fact that he destroyed the predecessor to the Federal Reserve...

Andrew Jackson said/did some cool stuff and 200 years later not much has changed....

Gentlemen! I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States. I have had men watching you for a long time, and am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, (bringing his fist down on the table) I will rout you out!     

The 2nd quote while amusing is too long for a tshirt.  I like the "I killed the bank" with andrew jackson.  Then on the other side you have a picture of Dan and it says ???

This isn't a terribly serious idea btw.

I love the Jackson quote, Its short and a powerful statement. If I saw that on someone's tee shirt I would be inclined to Google it.

Also if it matters or helps, I have a high school friend that has been screen printing for 10+ years and has a degree in graphic design. As luck would have It I will talk to him tomorrow and I can try to get some cost/ideas from him.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I would love to see shirt with claim

BitSharesX
Step outside the BOX