Author Topic: A Rose by Any Other Name  (Read 3708 times)

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
Seriously though, if by chance your comment was constructive, we could collaborate on a:
BitShares children's book, graphic novel or cartoon series.

I'd be willing to pony up some bounty for animators, script contributors, etc...

It would be fun, educational and good for the community. I've actually been evaluating the Muvizu studio, It's an amazing tool, very powerful and easy to use. Check out the free download.

If anyone is interested, in participating PM me. I'll open up a thread shortly. Cheers

I've been thinking along these lines, too. It would be nice if each new DAC had an animated video like the original Bitcoin video.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
In fact, it has been translated into Chinese VERY WELL. Most of the Chinese who had read the translated article said the translation is FABULOUS. Check it here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3516.0

Very impressive. BTW heyD, good job on your weibo.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Far too difficult for me to understand. Poor English.  :'( :'(

Maybe we can transcribe in 5th grade troll.  ;D

Seriously though, if by chance your comment was constructive, we could collaborate on a:

I'd be willing to pony up some bounty for animators, script contributors, etc...

It would be fun, educational and good for the community. I've actually been evaluating the Muvizu studio, It's an amazing tool, very powerful and easy to use. Check out the free download.

If anyone is interested, in participating PM me. I'll open up a thread shortly. Cheers

In fact, it has been translated into Chinese VERY WELL. Most of the Chinese who had read the translated article said the translation is FABULOUS. Check it here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3516.0

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio

Maybe we can transcribe in 5th grade troll.  ;D

Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Great article!  Very well written
+5%

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Very clear and informative. Thank you.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:43:57 am by oco101 »

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
Dr. Charles Evans article at LetsTalkBitcoin is superb!!! I would definitely tip him there if I hadn't put all my bitcoin into Angelshares.

No need to tip him, he was paid to write it :)

And he enjoyed writing it.  A classic piece of literature is it's own reward!

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

+5% tip or no tip, nice piece. Thanks
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Dr. Charles Evans article at LetsTalkBitcoin is superb!!! I would definitely tip him there if I hadn't put all my bitcoin into Angelshares.

And he enjoyed writing it.  A classic piece of literature is it's own reward!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline onceuponatime

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Our CFO, Charles Evans, just published an article in LetsTalkBitcoin that I think is fantastic!

In addition to giving some helpful insights about bitAssets, he also addresses another vitally important issue that keeps coming up around here:

We speak in similes, metaphors, and analogies.

Thus, we often get accused of violating this or that regulatory domain,
just because we used a metaphor from its lexicon to help explain a new concept.

Words have meanings, but sometimes the same word can have opposite meanings.

I plan to point to this article often. 
Every time some outraged legal-beagle shouts in an accusatory tone,
"Yer usin' coconuts!"
Which then results in a vigorous irrelevant argument worthy of Monty Python:

This, of course, was exactly the whole point of my original tounge-in-cheek fable:
Innocence is No Excuse.  http://invictus-innovations.com/innocence-is-no-excuse/

Enjoy.   :)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 02:57:17 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.