Author Topic: I, Operator: The DAO of Trading  (Read 3548 times)

Offline tomorrow

• View Profile
The officer election model provide an opportunity to provide an example / definition of MMC beyond just a logo / meme - if communicated.
Yes, that is the one of the most alive part of MMC.

a  info is a bit out of date / static maybe? (At least for mine...)
The guy is looking for graphic designers ATM...

BTW I am looking forward to the next chapter  ::)
Vote for seraphim to lead a team of supporters as MMC CSO
Send 0.00000001 to MVTEcsoL9GvfezMUgEDnhr7ioRAsByuTAv

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
Yes, it can be "weak-willed" as an advertising response / reflex to a meme...or it can be stronger if community led / developed. 

The officer election model provide an opportunity to provide an example / definition of MMC beyond just a logo / meme - if communicated.  Officers should have blogs / write articles / etc as part of campaigning that are more "where should we go" / "why you should vote for me".  The status threads are good, but those are "what we did" as sort of a "responsibility for getting paid" / etc.

Links to initial forum posts on .org are decent, but a info is a bit out of date / static maybe? (At least for mine...)
You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline tomorrow

• View Profile
Hey, finally did a full read. Here are my perspectives,

Whatever it is called, IMHO it is about group intelligence regulated by
strict rules
, kind of related to gaia (ref. wikipedia). The "rules" are
hard-coded into the network code and human genes (to seek profit). Weak
intelligence can be achieved by such systems, e.g., finding prime numbers.
In neuron science, we call it computing instead of learning, meaning low
level processing. A much stronger intelligence can be achieved by putting
real human-being(s) on a high level of such a system (as MMC did), to let
their complex neural system functions to achieve powerful impact into the
system, to make it survive. As drawback, these individuals are weakly
regulated, as they are much more complex than electronic miner and have
free will. This can be described as integrate the dead block-chain with live
human. This is only one implementation. It could be possible to have more
powerful integration based on state-of-the-art technologies. I hope this
makes sense.

Offline ManeBjorn

• View Profile
I have to say it is a good read but allot to absorb.
It also makes my mind fry as I am in the final stages of an article on CPU mining and MMC is front and center in it.  I feel like I am on overload.  LOL

In all reality we need to get MMC back in the press.  It has went up and down and up and now down again.  Yet we just got added to another exchange and with us getting the large Chinese market more exposure with Tomorrow and his team we need to hit while the iron is hot.
All of this going on now could drive MMC into the $1 per coin range if we get the info out there.

We do not want to got the way of MoonCoin that just went down to below satoshi level value.

I will link here when my article goes live.  It should be in a day or two I had gotten side tracked by some tips on Gox that I have had to devote time to to vett properly.

Keep up the great work and the writing I like it.
Tips Appreciated MMC | MQotia5NmKTsaXXPaN8hw2ze3Z1DNwi39s
https://www.multibet.io/index.php?ref=ManeBjorn

Offline tomorrow

• View Profile
Hey, I have printed it. See it for days but didn't got time for a full read.

will give you my thinking later

Sending you a tip for the writing and underware ;D

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
Thread Intro:

So, Itsik and others have asked me to write an article for letstalkbitcoin or such...I don't know that site too well.  This is my home.  Plus, publishing instills a "what should i do" sense of anxiety. Instead, I'll ramble on in some posts here and someone else can base or edit a full article on this...

I've been in crypto for over a year.  IRL, a mechanical systems licensing regulatory engineer...no economics training besides budgeting, but control volumes, systems, politics, and legalese combined with self-taught anarcho-capitalism.  My posts go on forever, and sometimes people miss the point...combined, these are meant to form the basis for a working philosophy / novel...we'll see.  A friend calls them "Shaggy Dog Stories":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaggy_dog_story

I'll call them "Uncle Max's Fun-time Chat-a-longs".  First is based on Adam's great paper, specifically the paragraph:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1854.msg21206#msg21206

Everybody Plays by the Rules, Even The Creator
Just like Bitcoin, DACs and DACPs are consensus driven, rules-based systems.  To be part of the system is to follow the rules, so there can be no pre-mining, no individuals with privileged status at all.  Privilege is the antithesis of efficiency, and these structures seek efficiency above all things.   

My thoughts in response:

I, Operator: The DAO of Trading

For all intents and purposes, bitcoin is a commercial failure and has only risen on the waves of being the first popular cryptocurrency.  But the real value is not BTC/USD, but in the unrecognized potential of distrubuted accounting system technology in general - i.e., the altcoins. 

There is "what a coin does" and "what a coin is used" for.  There is also "who uses the coin".  Bitcoin is just a general system of account - who transferred what to who.  We use it for financial value transmission...but it doesn't "do" much else, besides control the money supply.  Namecoin was the first "functional" altcoin.  All this is the software, or "DAC" realm.

The DACP realm - Adam describes as "a sense of permanence"...which is close.  I'd say more an evolving "objective truth" sense to it.  That's "what it the coin is (intended to be) used for" - bitcoin is value transmission, so is LTC and FTC on a faster scale.  NMC and XPM are intended for something else by their users - promote uncensored DNS and prime number search.  Beyond just the "network code" of the DAC, there's the "network objective" - the goal of its users.

In the example of Protoshares, their DACP starts with their SCSL license - 10% of future spinoffs.  It's community goal is more value - profitz.  For MMC, it starts with the Manifesto - 5% for elected nonprofit charities and community projects.  Sure, one affects future stock price, but which is easier for accounting / commercial separation of transactions? 

No one seems to care about anything about a coin besides ticker...but not all are equal.  BTC was a...mistake.  Meant as, probably, a demo concept and not even proof of concept...Grand success for crypto, but time to move on...How do we do that?

BTC's value grew over time...it started from nothing, really - just volunteer labor.  Pretty much all coins start with some value injection nowadays - labor, private capital...or "premining".  In what I would call "headless" coins - it's the intangible developer and community labor.  In DACs, it's an IPO, initial project funding, blockchain spinoff / dividend / etc.  A 100% premined coin is called a "private corporation"...or, "my wallet".

So, skip the premine stuff.  Yes, an initial distortion, but important part is how it was used, not where it came from / etc...Let's move on.

Back to DACP - it starts with a "mission statement" that the community uses to guide its general operations.  In a corporation - this is the departments and procedures / etc.  But neither the DAC nor DACP are...people.  So how can they be an economic system?

The last part of the system, what is missing from adam's paper - is the user.  At various levels - developer, miner, merchant, trader, consumer, outsider.  I call this the operator of the corporation - who it markets to - the Distributed Autonomous Operator.

That is, essentially, all of us in various degrees.  Anyone doing this for a while has performed in each role.  Anyone trying commercially has to balance all roles.  MMC has done a pretty good job classifying the different "professional" roles that each of us play...although their descriptions are kind of sparse.

But, I think we've also created a new discipline.  Professionally, we have to balance a number of existing disciplines.  But, just like in other sciences like math and physics, the rules change as you approach limits - i.e., distributed economic system management. Each DAO performs many different tasks, in many disciplines, with many different demands begging to be the most profitable...ADHD with 20 part-time jobs...

So, for a DAO / DACP to be successful...it has to "engage" it's DAOs...  Each coin is a pachinko machine with flashing lights and whistles trying to attract new money from passers-by...including the MMC officers and their employees / etc.  Everyone is free and autonomous with no repercussions - you have to beg, trust, and hope in the markets and the person on the other end of the transaction...

I believe that, in the end, every cryptocurrency transaction should come down to a peer-to-peer transfer between trusted individuals.  Not all...just the system or chain of transfers.  That's the only way to safely exchange funds in such a wild west system.  I've lost funds so many ways...the only times I've gotten them back was face-to-face, or from good people with good community reps.

Which brings me to the MMC officer positions as an example of a "trust schema" in a coin system...but first - systems.

Talking systems will drive you crazy.  I was mechanical systems, not general "systems engineering" more common in IT / software (b/c of more complex supplier / client webs).  But, everything is related, and word meanings change everywhere depending on who you are or what system you are in...you sound crazy to everyone.  But, every Supersystem has a System with Subsystems and all are Super/subsystems of others / etc...  "Safety" in one department means "under budget" in another department, etc... So, you need to think in basic units / building blocks and extend up to full macro-network. 

Anyways, MMC Officers as part of DACP - the election process is much more than a "free coinz" scramble that it was in the beginning.  That was ugly, but needed, kinda like any IPO.  I do regret that it "spoiled" some interest in voting.  You'd think CMO would make a website with simple "make a blockchain poll" features, but...only so much time.

Another sidenote: I loathe the "community development" and "paid development" terms...we're an elected development team trying to support and build a community.  It's not a "give us your code / money", it should be a "give us your idea and we'll help you build it" - an MMC Academy...

Aside from personal politics, voting in a general coding sense is the first thing you need for an altchain - "I am different".  Namecoin / etc, are forks in the code.  MMC 2.0, BTS, etc are both code forks, and "funding forks".  I can make a similar spin-off / fork by voting within the MMC addresses to form a "closed" network.  Can also use voting for basic selection and rank algorithms - user preferences, blockchain cookies, community ratings, etc.

But in politics, it focuses the DACP.  It's an evolving "what is this coin used for" by the example set by the officers.  I'd prefer it to be more evolving, and treated as "running / funding programs" vs. people - even if it's the same person's programs...think of them as terms.

But, it's better than BTC - money laundering, drugs, etc...all that can be done in the shadows of the "unlicensed" non-DACP-approved MMC network.  But, we also have the approved / licensed uses supported by the officers (and those who follow / run / support the elections).

So, there you have it:

DAC / DACP / DAO

Client software, user license and community practices, community of users.

Any questions?
You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg