Author Topic: Why Mine PTS  (Read 4788 times)

Offline fuzzy

Re: Why Mine PTS
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 04:54:05 am »
Started Mining PTS a week before the 2/28 Snapshot. From everything I am reading why bother to mine the PTS now? It is definitely possible I am just reading bad information... but BTS X is replacing the PTS profit wise correct? Mining the PTS helps me to take "stock" in the DAC's that Invictus creates but where is the profit? Basically how do I get paid from having stock with these upcoming DAC's? New at this please explain in laymans terms :-[

This is the direct link to the video for the Insurance DAC they are planning:  http://vimeo.com/user24356268/review/88861284/1789918b92

This is the link to the forum post where he first posted the video (and a great thread to ask further questions regarding these DACs):  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3561.msg44938#msg44938

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Jennijane

• View Profile
DAC
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 10:23:11 pm »
Started Mining PTS a week before the 2/28 Snapshot. From everything I am reading why bother to mine the PTS now? It is definitely possible I am just reading bad information... but BTS X is replacing the PTS profit wise correct? Mining the PTS helps me to take "stock" in the DAC's that Invictus creates but where is the profit? Basically how do I get paid from having stock with these upcoming DAC's? New at this please explain in laymans terms :-[

Insurance, Gaming, Music, Custom Coins, Domain Auctions, all have the potential to be highly profitable.  The first four represent entire families of DACs as big or bigger than the BEX family of banks and exchanges.

BTS X (XTS) inherits its ability to spawn a family of BEX DACs from PTS/AGS but PTS/AGS still have the power spawn all other families and one-of-a-kind DACs.

Another thing I don't think we have emphasized enough is that you don't have to be a crypto-geek to be a DAC developer.  As you have seen since we started talking about BitShares Music, that we are increasingly liking the idea of partnering with non-geek entrepreneurs who have strong domain knowledge and contacts within an industry.  We do the technical infrastructure and let the entrepreneurs make the business case, do the public relations and "operate" the business until it becomes autonomous.  Think of them as the DAC's human agents - their interface to the flesh and blood world.

You can also think about such people layering specializations onto the basic framework that are customized for a specific demographic and legal environment.  For example, don't just build a Bank DAC or an Exchange DAC or an Insurance DAC.  Instead build a Financial Crisis Management DAC that combines Banking, Exchange, and Insurance features to help people flee to safety in collapsing economies and currencies. 

There are quite a few of those on the horizon.  Be there holding a safety net by the time people finally realize they need one.

Or do the same for the developing world - put together exactly the right package to meet the needs of each country or region.  Then work with leaders in that region to market it as a solution for their specific needs.

Got an international libertarian movement you like?  Customize the services it needs.  Want to save the whales?  Work to meet the needs of whale-huggers.  The sky's the limit - and you don't need to be a geek.

:)

That's probably my trouble right there I still don't really understand what exactly a DAC is... Even after reading all the other "What is a DAC" threads... They just kind of confused me more.  Anyway so I believe I started mining before Keyhotee came out do I somehow hold stocks in that how would I even know what DAC's are released and what I have invested in them? I'm truly going in on a wing and a prayer here and really like all the ideas coming out of this, but that whole crypto-geek thing I am not... lol

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 04:10:12 pm »

Insurance, Gaming, Music, Custom Coins, Domain Auctions, all have the potential to be highly profitable.  The first four represent entire families of DACs as big or bigger than the BEX family of banks and exchanges.

BTS X (XTS) inherits its ability to spawn a family of BEX DACs from PTS/AGS but PTS/AGS still have the power spawn all other families and one-of-a-kind DACs.

Another thing I don't think we have emphasized enough is that you don't have to be a crypto-geek to be a DAC developer.  As you have seen since we started talking about BitShares Music, that we are increasingly liking the idea of partnering with non-geek entrepreneurs who have strong domain knowledge and contacts within an industry.  We do the technical infrastructure and let the entrepreneurs make the business case, do the public relations and "operate" the business until it becomes autonomous.  Think of them as the DAC's human agents - their interface to the flesh and blood world.

You can also think about such people layering specializations onto the basic framework that are customized for a specific demographic and legal environment.  For example, don't just build a Bank DAC or an Exchange DAC or an Insurance DAC.  Instead build a Financial Crisis Management DAC that combines Banking, Exchange, and Insurance features to help people flee to safety in collapsing economies and currencies. 

There are quite a few of those on the horizon.  Be there holding a safety net by the time people finally realize they need one.

Or do the same for the developing world - put together exactly the right package to meet the needs of each country or region.  Then work with leaders in that region to market it as a solution for their specific needs.

Got an international libertarian movement you like?  Customize the services it needs.  Want to save the whales?  Work to meet the needs of whale-huggers.  The sky's the limit - and you don't need to be a geek.

:)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 01:24:49 pm »

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline valtr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 11:20:22 am »
You can simply sell the shares of new DAC provided the price seems good enought for you or if DAC pays divideds keep shares and have an income of it.

Offline Jennijane

• View Profile
Why Mine PTS
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 11:08:21 am »