Author Topic: Still want to understand PTS/AGS/BTSx  (Read 3330 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Re: Still want to understand PTS/AGS/BTSx
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 05:14:46 am »
You have it all right. As for keyhotee, I'm not sure.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cryptoearly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 04:49:12 am »
Thanks! This is starting to make a bit more sense.

So the bitcoin address of mine that I use to send donations to the 1Angel bitcoin address will also exist as an address in the new blockchain and that address will have the same private key as my bitcoin address, right? So you won't be sending the AGS to my old bitcoin address in the Bitcoin blockchain but to a new address in the AGS blockchain that has the same public/private key combo that I currently already have, right? And future AGS/BTS dividends will go to that address also? Or will there be dividends paid in BTC that go to the bitcoin address in the Bitcoin blockchain?

I am also trying to set up Keyhotee. How do I get my username/ID registered?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 03:38:36 am »
I have some BTC and just bought some PTS on Cryptsy and transfered them into my BitShares-PTS wallet for Mac. I assume there will be another snapshot at somepoint in the next few months, right?
Correct, none announced yet but several DACs in pipeline

Do I also want AngelShares? Or should I just buy more PTS with my BTC rather than donate to the 1Angel... Bitcoin address?
PTS is liquid and so it costs more per share, but also read this: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3703.0
If I donate to the 1Angel... Bitcoin address how do you guys know where to send me my AGS? You can't send non bitcoin cryptocurrencies to a bitcoin address, can you?
They will be "sent" to the "from" address you donated to AGS from. So keep the wallets from which you donated. Those keys can be used to claim your share on the new blockchain. So:
Or is that bitcoin address now in your records for future bitcoin dividend payouts from yet to be deployed DACs?
sort of, "your records" is the bitcoin blockchain
Can I sell the AGS one day if I want to?
See above thread. Short answer is "no".

Can I buy someone's stake in BitSharesX?

XT is the snapshot chain for all BTS X chains so you can trade when it launches sometime soonish. ATM you can only trade IOUs.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cryptoearly

• View Profile
Still want to understand PTS/AGS/BTSx
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 03:33:45 am »
I have some BTC and just bought some PTS on Cryptsy and transfered them into my BitShares-PTS wallet for Mac. I assume there will be another snapshot at somepoint in the next few months, right?

Do I also want AngelShares? Or should I just buy more PTS with my BTC rather than donate to the 1Angel... Bitcoin address? If I donate to the 1Angel... Bitcoin address how do you guys know where to send me my AGS? You can't send non bitcoin cryptocurrencies to a bitcoin address, can you? Or is that bitcoin address now in your records for future bitcoin dividend payouts from yet to be deployed DACs? Can I sell the AGS one day if I want to?

Can I buy someone's stake in BitSharesX?