Author Topic: Google Cloud $1000 + $1000 free trial offer  (Read 6744 times)

Offline zvs

• View Profile
Re: Google Cloud $1000 + $1000 free trial offer
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 09:40:54 am »
I didn't get anything. They promised to email me about in Jan 2014 but nothing yet.

I did the same thing back in January and they said I would receive an email in a few days. I think I remember filling an application out and then waiting for an approval. Then when I got the approval it said I would receive the code/coupon or credit in a "few" days. It Never came.

in my case, I got the acceptance letter... completed the conditions within 3 hours, & sent completed form back to them.  the very next day, (less than 24hrs later) I got an email about how I had applied for this 'earlier this month' and they were 'sorry about the confusion'.

but really the biggest blunder was this response, which should be publically available to see on the BBB website soon anyway (the lady that is handling my google case is gone until next week)...  anyway:

We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced applying for the Google Cloud Platform Starter Pack. We had to shut down the program in December as many people were violating our Terms of Service and engaging in cryptocurrency mining. We will reach out as soon as the Starter Pack re-launches in early March.

It'd be news to me if violating your contract with person X is fine, if person Y and Z are doing something they aren't supposed to.

There next response after waiting another 15 days:

Hey James,

Thanks for your response. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced applying for the Google Cloud Platform Starter Pack.

My team followed up with me and let me know that the we had to shut down the program in December for a variety of reasons. We will reach out as soon as the Starter Pack re-launches in early March.

Thanks,

Google BBB Team

which is essentially the same damn thing, except it includes my first name.  I've still not received an email from Google besides advertisements since December.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 09:43:34 am by zvs »
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 03:07:10 pm »
I didn't get anything. They promised to email me about in Jan 2014 but nothing yet.

I did the same thing back in January and they said I would receive an email in a few days. I think I remember filling an application out and then waiting for an approval. Then when I got the approval it said I would receive the code/coupon or credit in a "few" days. It Never came.

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 01:45:30 pm »
I've been waiting the last 2 weeks for the BBB to finalize my damn complaint (i'd be shocked if it was put in the "good faith" column) before moving forward on it.  It'll just make it a lot easier as my BBB complaint essentially has all the information needed.  Only difference is my expected resolution (not my $1000 + $1000 trial credits anymore, but some money).   When (if?) they rule in my favor, it'd be the first one to stick in 3 years (out of 1637). 

I'm going to call that BBB office later today and see what the delay is.  It's already been over 2 weeks since my final rejection..

I'll let you know how it goes, anyway.  It may end up just being small claims court & I think I may have to go to California for that, even though Google does have a location in Austin, TX.  It'd be based on California law & I think defendant can choose location.
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 12:55:11 pm »
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline montecristo83

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 12:18:08 pm »
I received it.

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 06:36:47 pm »
Well.

I guess that's why they ignored my complaint, since it must only be a handful of ppl.   :-\

Guess I'll try the Santa Clara DA mediation first..

Offline zvs

• View Profile
Google Cloud $1000 + $1000 free trial offer
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 11:44:42 pm »
I guess this is a bit off topic, but I hope nobody moves it for at least a couple of days.  =p

I need to know if anyone else here received the actual acceptance letter from Google, re:

Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:08:56 +0000
Subject: Jibba Jabba, your $2,000 Google Cloud Platform credit is almost here!
To: xxx

Thank you for completing part one of the Google Cloud Platform Starter Pack Application. Good news, you have been selected to receive $1,000 in Compute Engine credit and $1,000 in App Engine credit.

----

and then completed the steps therein (placed credit card in two diff spots, created a project), and later was denied,  re:

Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 18:34:46 -0800
Subject: Update: Google Cloud Platform Starter Pack
To: cloudplatformstarterpack@google.com

Earlier this month you received an email stating you have been selected to receive Google Cloud Platform credit.

Unfortunately, we cannot continue to process your application and award credit. There were a limited number of spots available and we are no longer accepting applications. We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience.

We hope to open up applications once again in late January.

Best,

The Google Cloud Platform Team

-------

I'm wondering if it's just a couple of people, a handful, dozens, hundreds, or what.   If more than a handful of ppl on this msg board alone got that, I'd have to think it was at least 100+ (which  could then be a class action suit)