Author Topic: Bit-U PTS / BTC Exchange  (Read 25898 times)

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
Trading currently halted on the exchange, things bugged while the developer was sleeping - he's sorted out who lost what and reimbursed but trading is down for at least another few hours while they modify how BTC withdrawls take place.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline m

• View Profile
Same, exchange worked great for me as well.

Offline bobmaloney

Registered, deposited 1+ BTC, and successfully withdrew 100+ PTS in last 20 minutes.

Works well.

Thanks Silfax!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 11:43:38 pm by bobmaloney »
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
Your wish is my command (bid,ask,last). If you're going to query it a bunch, please donate to the donation address on the site to balance out the extra server costs so I can keep it going, thanks!

https://www.coingrounds.com/api/ticker

thanks a lot, but its currently impossible for me to access it.

can you fix this link?
https://coingrounds.com/api/ticker

or add WWW.coingrounds.com to your CERT? It's impossible for my bot to access the API right now.

THanks!

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
I'm no security expert, but Silfax's exchange seems to work well enough and he's taking a disclosed fee so it's in his best interest for things to work well.   I am personally trading on it in small quantities, if at some point one of the devs or someone reputable vets the site I might do more.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
Your wish is my command (bid,ask,last). If you're going to query it a bunch, please donate to the donation address on the site to balance out the extra server costs so I can keep it going, thanks!

https://www.coingrounds.com/api/ticker

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn

Offline rando

• View Profile
@Silfax, Any chance you're going to open source it? I'm a dev too and interested in learning how you did that in node.

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
Hey Lighthouse!

Thanks for your concern, it makes sense after all!

I didn't know that other developers were coming out with an exchange, but seeing the disarray in the buy/sell subforums, I decided to pitch in.

The server's written in Node.js, and is doing quite well. I'd be willing to set you have a look at the code if you'd like.

I'm /r/Silfax on reddit, moderator of /r/Jobs4Bitcoins, and pretty well known over there, as well as coder for a couple big group buys.

All that said, the exchange is still in Beta, and might have some security issue I've overlooked, but I'm doing my best to please my customers.

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
Hi Lighthouse i did some trades on the coingrounds website and it works as advertised. Just a heads up

Did it seem secure?  I'm very concerned about recommending people to unknown clearly brand new exchanges until Bytemaster or someone with technical knowledge has vetted it.   Seems like it could work as advertised but still steal all your funds after enough people are keeping BTC and PTS on deposit there.

Offline gabainc

• View Profile
Hi Lighthouse i did some trades on the coingrounds website and it works as advertised. Just a heads up

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
No.  There is a full featured exchange coming direct from the developers of this coin in about a week, so if  you can wait that will be an exchange you can trust.   I don't know the person who created the exchange you're talking about, so this shouldnt reflect poorly on him - just better to be safe than sorry and an exchange has a lot of trust.

Offline cc5alive

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cc
I just registered at this site but have not tested any trades yet -- anyone else used it successfully?

https://www.bit-u.com/login

favdesu: site changed (PGP message from Silfax: http://pastebin.com/W3LcvmJ8 )
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:26:00 pm by favdesu »