Author Topic: BitShares Animated Videos - [Community Theater]  (Read 7489 times)

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
I met with unimercio for lunch yesterday, and we discussed releasing these in Spanish, Portuguese, and French, as well as English. We also have a native Russian speaker lurking around here.

We also talked about starting a BitShares Meetup group in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile
Thank you very much for your hard work. Have you thought about a video more in this direction? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDc7A047-is

I think it helps the user to understand the content more than just listening to a toy story 1 looking character.

I know the animator if 3I wan't to invest some AGS funds into this.

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
very nice.thank you for your hard work. +5%

+5% Thanks, it's a work in progress... hoping to add more content, languages, better voices, etc...
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline unimercio

• View Profile
Good job. Here is my 0.000002 btx. I think a real actor voice would be much better. I suggest adding subtitles. Also it should be a good idea to translate the subtitles in as many languages as we can.  In fact we should provide subtitles for all the videos that are published. I'm pretty sure that community will volunteer to provide translation.

+5% thanks, I agree a real actor would be far superior. The reason I chose a canned voice is to allow easier text to speech language translation moving forward. This was just a proof of concept. My plan is to incorporate  Brian's official video and info-graphics nested into this animation on a chalk board or screen within the classroom.

thanks for your feedback

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Good job. Here is my 0.000002 btx. I think a real actor voice would be much better. I suggest adding subtitles. Also it should be a good idea to translate the subtitles in as many languages as we can.  In fact we should provide subtitles for all the videos that are published. I'm pretty sure that community will volunteer to provide translation.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:05:20 pm by oco101 »

Offline SuanBing

• View Profile
    • Bitshares News
very nice.thank you for your hard work. +5%
BitsharesNews.com
我的微博
pts: PkyZq51PFLHonjzKdUDunzA52TDMR2tRrn

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
does anyone know of good places to find free background music?  there have to be laws that keep us from using music not under creative commons...

still relatively new in this area and maybe asking the question will make this quicker.

Hasn't Beethoven's IP expired by now?  Just type the 5th Symphony into Garage BandTM and viola!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

does anyone know of good places to find free background music?  there have to be laws that keep us from using music not under creative commons...

still relatively new in this area and maybe asking the question will make this quicker.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline unimercio

• View Profile
Below is the intro script Brian wrote. I've added accents and pause to help give cadence and clarity to the SAPI voice over. I'll post an audio sample of it shortly and a video first cut in the morning.

Intro Video Script

<silence msec="2000"/>
<emph>imagine a company.</emph>
<silence msec="750"/> This company has a lot of expenses.
<silence msec="750"/>But what if you could remove those expenses...  and give all the money saved to the customers?

<silence msec="750"/>What if there were no middlemen, brokers, or commissions...
<silence msec="500"/>and you could trade your shares with anyone as easy as sending an email?
<silence msec="500"/>Well
<silence msec="250"/>now you can with Bit Shares.
<silence msec="250"/>Bit Shares are shares of digital companies that are traded directly from person to person
<silence msec="500"/> over the internet. 

<silence msec="750"/>Digital companies exist entirely in software that runs on the computers
<silence msec="250"/> of the customers that use them.
<silence msec="500"/>Bitcoin was the first digital company that calls its <emph>shares</emph>
<silence msec="100"/>coins
<silence msec="500"/> and promoted their use as a form of money.
<silence msec="750"/> Bit Shares goes <emph>beyond</emph> Bitcoin to offer many new, and more profitable companies in industries like
<silence msec="500"/> banking, stock exchanges, auctions, music, voting, lotteries,  insurance, and  <emph>many more</emph>

Bit shares does for <emph>business</emph> 
<silence msec="500"/>what Bitcoin is doing for "money".

Offline unimercio

• View Profile
Good concept!

The most immediate requirement is a proper voice over, and of course an index of questions, clickable, that immediately load that part of the video.

agreed, the voice is hard to follow, but a bit sticky. After a couple days of editing its grown on me (not a good thing for a Cuban :D). We should be able to find better SAPI voice module or a real voice actor volunteer.

I like your index feature, I can parse out clips by question and present them somehow/somewhere

Maybe Team Viral would be willing to all read the script...then allow people to vote on who sounds best.  It would also help to identify the best option from a pool of individuals who would likely be more than willing to contribute at no cost.

+5%, sounds like a plan.. I'll post the accented scripts with SAPI5 tags here shortly. I we can have the writers mark up the script, I'll add the camera cuts, character actions, etc.. after...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:50:49 pm by unimercio »

Offline fuzzy

Good concept!

The most immediate requirement is a proper voice over, and of course an index of questions, clickable, that immediately load that part of the video.

agreed, the voice is hard to follow, but a bit sticky. After a couple days of editing its grown on me (not a good thing for a Cuban :D). We should be able to find better SAPI voice module or a real voice actor volunteer.

I like your index feature, I can parse out clips by question and present them somehow/somewhere

Maybe Team Viral would be willing to all read the script...then allow people to vote on who sounds best.  It would also help to identify the best option from a pool of individuals who would likely be more than willing to contribute at no cost. 

Offline fuzzy

I like it alot.  have you thought about like a playful and airy instrumental (kind of like you would see in a Disney movie?) in the background?

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile

Offline unimercio

• View Profile
Good concept!

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Good concept!