Author Topic: Next i3 DAC  (Read 3044 times)

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
Sure but if we have no idea of the whereabouts of the first plane that took off, would I want to get on the second and the third? I mean I get it, it is an investment and comes with risk. In fact this could be a good thing because the price has risks taken into account so it might be severely undervalued. I just wish we had a clear arrival date for BTS.

I also wish that we could trade AGS. The lack of liquidity is a bit annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But you do have an idea.  You get nearly daily progress reports and the code is open for inspection by all.  You get a seat inside the engineering drawing room as you watch us work through every issue that comes up.  You see all the great input from the forum, some of which requires us to make changes which, of course, take time.

Still, its better to make them now than discover them after launch.

Watching us discover and fix each new issue is one of the benefits of viewing your investments from the day of inception.  The alternative is to have all that messy development happen behind the scenes in closed development and get your first chance to invest after most of the risk (and corresponding reward opportunity) has already happened.

Many of our visitors are just not used to having this unique opportunity.  Their expectations are calibrated for a completely different risk/reward point on the development curve.  There are venues where you can operate at that later and more comfortable entry point, but that is not what we are offering here.

:)

+5% +5%

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
The alternative is to have all that messy development happen behind the scenes in closed development and get your first chance to invest after most of the risk (and corresponding reward opportunity) has already happened.

+5%

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Sure but if we have no idea of the whereabouts of the first plane that took off, would I want to get on the second and the third? I mean I get it, it is an investment and comes with risk. In fact this could be a good thing because the price has risks taken into account so it might be severely undervalued. I just wish we had a clear arrival date for BTS.

But you do have an idea.  You get nearly daily progress reports and the code is open for inspection by all.  You get a seat inside the engineering drawing room as you watch us work through every issue that comes up.  You see all the great input from the forum, some of which requires us to make changes which, of course, take time.

Still, its better to make them now than discover them after launch.

Watching us discover and fix each new issue is one of the benefits of viewing your investments from the day of inception.  The alternative is to have all that messy development happen behind the scenes in closed development and get your first chance to invest after most of the risk (and corresponding reward opportunity) has already happened.

Many of our visitors are just not used to having this unique opportunity.  Their expectations are calibrated for a completely different risk/reward point on the development curve.  There are venues where you can operate at that later and more comfortable entry point, but that is not what we are offering here.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

bitbro

Keyhotee will be more revolutionary in essence than Bts, and together they will be an economic renaissance

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
As one who rode the first moneypunk wave in the 1990s—making BitShares look like Moneypunk 3.0 from where I am sitting—I am awestruck by how we have become accustomed to superhuman rates of progress. 2013 was for Bitcoin what 1992-1998 was for the Internet.

Now, here it is only March, and we're all, "C'mon, Daaannn! It's been three months!!!  Where's my flying car, awreddy?!?"

Once BTS is out, and an early beta of whatever follows is being touted, we should have a good idea of what the development cycle for these things looks like.

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile

How would a clear date help? What would it change fundamentally? Isn't it obvious that putting a specific date on the launch is a risk that I3 has evaluated and considered to not take at this time?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
For me personally before investing in new DACs I'd like to see progress on BTS. It is an indication of how future DACs will progress as well. You guys are masters in writing proposals and raising funds. But I'm not particularly stoked about the execution yet. I understand the difficulties in software development perfectly well. However releasing a tradeable BTS should be your priority number one as it will raise confidence during the funding period. Counterparty was done in a month and yes it is still rough around the edge but it could pose a threat to BTS.

Just my 2 cents...

To keep everybody happy with the price of PTS (and protect the AGS fund's developmental purchasing power) one of our responsibilities is to act like a DAC air traffic controller.  We need to get DAC's queued up on final approach so there is always one coming in for a landing while others are visible on the horizon.  So while finishing and following through are very important, we can't neglect our duty to keep the pipeline filled as well.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline yellowecho

For me personally before investing in new DACs I'd like to see progress on BTS. It is an indication of how future DACs will progress as well. You guys are masters in writing proposals and raising funds. But I'm not particularly stoked about the execution yet. I understand the difficulties in software development perfectly well. However releasing a tradeable BTS should be your priority number one as it will raise confidence during the funding period. Counterparty was done in a month and yes it is still rough around the edge but it could pose a threat to BTS.

Just my 2 cents...

Just a note, Counterparty might be a threat to Mastercoin, but since it's built on top of the bitcoin network, it will probably have some serious scalability problems. Counterparty is more of a custom asset management system - it generally solves different problems than BitShares X. I see BitShares X as a fundamentally unique thing in today's crypto-equity space; it's the first system in which altcoin derivatives are trustlessly built into the blockchain. It's certainly possible to construct derivatives in Counterparty, but probably not trustless ones.

+5%
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Just my 2 cents...

Just a note, Counterparty might be a threat to Mastercoin, but since it's built on top of the bitcoin network, it will probably have some serious scalability problems. Counterparty is more of a custom asset management system - it generally solves different problems than BitShares X. I see BitShares X as a fundamentally unique thing in today's crypto-equity space; it's the first system in which altcoin derivatives are trustlessly built into the blockchain. It's certainly possible to construct derivatives in Counterparty, but probably not trustless ones.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
More important than the order in which they are released is that people know that DACs are under development.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Bytemaster, 

What's next?

My feeling is that people are not ready for an insurance DAC, but people ARE ready for a music DAC

Much of this will be announced in this month's newsletter (if I can keep bytemaster from spilling the beans before I can finish it.)

We have many torpedos underway.  Expect to see multiple flashes going off as they strike home between now and the Beyond Bitcoin Summit.  This will not be a dull spring.

bitbro

Bytemaster, 

What's next?

My feeling is that people are not ready for an insurance DAC, but people ARE ready for a music DAC