Author Topic: Multipool for AGS ?  (Read 1621 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

The sentiment is kind, but I think it is in everyone's interest to have AGS donations increase along with PTS price.  It is nice to believe in such things as you mention, but if someone wanted to "mine" AGS they'd still be making the decision to go out of their way to do it ("mine" AGS vs others + pay electricity) and support Bitshares as much as any other random donator. It really is doing little more than taking out a couple of middle steps like buying PTS/donating to site.

I like the idea because these POS paying pools are starting to be a thing of sorts.  If you want to spread visibility it would be a great idea, and helps everyone.  It also makes guys who earlier paid more per AGS have correspondingly larger donations from current donators.  I think there are a lot of logos one could come up with that would pique people's interest into checking out what Bitshares is.  There is a lot of stuff in this area and really it is hard for even a guy like me to keep up with.

Unfortunately I don't think it is possible.  We'll have to wait for BTS to be tradeable. :(
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
We have talked about the multipool for bitshares and I don't think anyone thinks it is a bad idea.

Unfortunately I'm not sure when BTS will be tradeable.

PTS is tradeable however, but what is special about PTS currently ? 

The ability to buy AGS for 90 days.

Unfortunately to acquire AGS you have to buy them from your wallet, so there is no way to "mine AGS" shares directly.

Can anyone see a solution to this ?

They could give the mining pool their private keys, but thats a horrible idea.  Outside of that, it would require manual donation to AGS and that would really hurt with the marketing angle of this.

PS - I removed and recreated this thread because I thought there was a better forum then changed my mind. sorry

PTS is proof that you are a good candidate to receive targeted promotional shares from the developer of a new DAC who wants to attract knowledgable supporters who will not "grab and dump".  They are still good for 10% to 50% of many upcoming DACs.  That's very special!

AGS is proof that you are a patron donor who helped build the BitShares ecosystem. This marks you a good candidate to receive targeted promotional shares from the developer of a new DAC who wants to attract people who might also contribute to their DAC. That's very special too!

If there were a way to "mine" AGS, they would no longer serve as a "badge of honor" for donors - destroying their unique value to those who did donate. 

Therefore, a "solution to this" is not needed or desired.  AGS have a special meaning and there is no point in making them duplicate the alternative special meaning of PTS.

Both AGS and PTS are transparent public block-chain-based "mailing lists" for targeted distributions to a specific demographic group of interest to many developers who would rather not give their promotional shares to people who will quickly sell them.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
We have talked about the multipool for bitshares and I don't think anyone thinks it is a bad idea.

Unfortunately I'm not sure when BTS will be tradeable.

PTS is tradeable however, but what is special about PTS currently ? 

The ability to buy AGS for 90 days.

Unfortunately to acquire AGS you have to buy them from your wallet, so there is no way to "mine AGS" shares directly.

Can anyone see a solution to this ?

They could give the mining pool their private keys, but thats a horrible idea.  Outside of that, it would require manual donation to AGS and that would really hurt with the marketing angle of this.

PS - I removed and recreated this thread because I thought there was a better forum then changed my mind. sorry
I speak for myself and only myself.