Author Topic: How to make Bitshares mineable while creating buying pressure  (Read 26909 times)

Offline Soepkip

• View Profile
Hi guys :) I was asked to join the forum by Luckybit.

I'll try to read up on Bitshares :)

Luckybit: Maybe we can make a skype appointment?

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Blackcoin is a really good coin so far, though still just a coin. And it is very encouraging that so many people are buying into Proof of Stake. Any chance of collaborating with its developers? Invite them to do a Blackshares product line of Bitshares DACs?

I suggested an AGS airdrop onto the Blackcoin blockchain. If any coin is popular with savers and miners right now it's Blackcoin. And I don't think these things happen by accident, the community made it happen.

I think our community is very talented but also very small. Also sad to say our community just isn't very good at marketing and that is a problem most Proof of Stake coins have (Remember when Peercoin used to be PPcoin). Blackcoin is the first Proof of Stake coin I've ever seen which has excellent marketing.

It seems virtual mining is the answer to the marketing problem and the distribution problem. It's more effective than an airdrop and it wont dilute any of our shares to do it.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 02:54:26 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Blackcoin is a really good coin so far, though still just a coin. And it is very encouraging that so many people are buying into Proof of Stake. Any chance of collaborating with its developers? Invite them to do a Blackshares product line of Bitshares DACs?

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
I bet on Blackcoin as soon as I heard it had 100% proof of stake, + this mining scheme you are thinking of implementing. Blackcoin is doing well so far. I suspect all of its success is due to these two factors. Interesting to follow the experiment.  8)

At 30 million now. FML I lost 3/4 from Cryptorush. Still way ahead from that investment though. Every second lost on this goldmine idea is monay out da window.

I actually think this virtual mining idea should be built into the default Bitshares interface. The user should be able to input a multipool, select how they want to be paid out and if they want hybrid payout enter their Blackcoin address into the box. Then just mine from the Bitshares interface itself and market it as if Bitshares is minable.

People don't really care that it's virtual mining. Blackcoin has proven that virtual mining is as good as real mining as long as the payouts happen. Building it into the Bitshares interface might take a few days worth of time but would add to ease of use and marketing.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
This is an example of marketing brilliance.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/talking-to-blackcoin/2014/04/14

In that interview they have a community manager who knows exactly how to get people excited but also explains the value of Proof of Stake. Bitshares takes Proof of Stake to Proof of Stake 2.0 but it's going to be a challenge explaining this.

Someone from the Bitshares community should make contact with the community manager of the Blackcoin community  and maybe give them some Bitshares, AGS or something in exchange for future collaboration on marketing.

Here are some insightful quotes from the interview:
Proof of work mining turned into madness.  People mine to get profit instead of secure coins, and halving the mining reward loses miners – and security.  It’s a big problem, proof of stake looks like a good replacement.
Soepkip:
    I think mostly it’s a way to finally proof that Proof of Stake has a place in this world. Originally Satoshi Nakamoto envisioned his bitcoin project to be mined with your own computer at home. Proof of Stake does that.

It’s security needs to be tested longterm.

You can see the [security risk] effect [of proof of work] with Dogecoin.  How many times have you seen a certain mining pool with 51% of the hashing power.

People were doing calculations. That because of “inflation,” Blackcoin would only need 0.02 bitcoins per day to “maintain value.”  So people said, “let’s make a multipool to increase distribution and get value into Blackcoin.”

(He is describing the Blackcoin multipool which mines profitable alt-coins and uses the generated funds to pay miners in Blackcoin.)

(Soepkip) Someone eventually stepped up (due to a bounty) and built one.  Sadly, that got so popular that the guy burned out basically, and immediately Legion Development Group stepped in.

(Vasilije)  Are you guys satisfied with how are things developing?

(Soepkip) They took over, rebuilt the multipool from scratch and after about three weeks of beta it’s now where it is at.  The outside world sees our Multipool as the ‘Shitcoin killer,’ while it is actually not.

Our multipool provides liquidity for other coins since we do not dump on them, we trade manually and via algorithm trading.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
I bet on Blackcoin as soon as I heard it had 100% proof of stake, + this mining scheme you are thinking of implementing. Blackcoin is doing well so far. I suspect all of its success is due to these two factors. Interesting to follow the experiment.  8)

At 30 million now. FML I lost 3/4 from Cryptorush. Still way ahead from that investment though. Every second lost on this goldmine idea is monay out da window.

We should propose to team Invictus to make this part of the official marketing initiative. They have the ability to contract out writing the code. What needs to be done is you need a bunch of pools set up quick right after the launch and just follow the Blackcoin growth model. I think at this point Blackcoin is proving itself to be the next Litecoin and I had wanted Bitshares to go along for this ride.

It's not too late. If Bitshares becomes liquid in the next few weeks then we could have pools up within days. Collaborate with the Blackcoin community so that the pool pays out in Bitshares and Blackcoin as a hybrid. Do not compete with Blackcoin but instead join forces.

At this point Blackcoin is now like a POS Litecoin. Miners are happy, investors are happy, fixed supply, minimal inflation, dump resistance. There is talk that each Blackcoin could be going for $2-3 a month from now and who knows what it will be in the future if people hold long term.

Bitshares would be even more dramatic because it's got only 4 million compared to 74 million or so Blackcoins. Bitshares also is deflationary, so it has no inflation at all. I cannot see anything being able to compete with Bitshares technologically and the only thing Bitshares needs to do is win the miners and investors as Blackcoin is doing.

Look at this post from the Blackcoin community:

For those saying we are going up without reason and it is a pump/bubble...think again.
There is looking to be a direct correlation between the multipool growing and BC price increasing.
Over the past 3 weeks it has roughly worked out to about a 7k price increase per 1 GH/s of multipool mining power. Recently this ratio has increased to about an 8k-9k price increase per 1 GH/s increase in the multipool. Also, this is not taking other Blackcoin multipools into effect, just the official one which I've been watching day-in/day-out.
So the more miners, the higher the price. Simple, rational, logical.
I speculate that we are just starting to get LTC miners here and look at the size of LTC mining.

Overall, we will be in a speculative frenzy/bubble when the mining power more-or-less baselines while price rockets.
And that will personally be my first sign to take some profits at least in the short-term.

Blackcoin has dump resistance as a result of science. Hype is fuelling the rate of growth, but if you can't dump it out of fear that the price will go up overnight, and with no inflation to ever give anyone a reason to dump it, it's almost the perfect store of wealth. You have at least a billion dollars of wealth that miners and investors want to park somewhere and Blackcoin could in theory attract it all.

Bitshares has to move fast to capture some of that market cap and demand. Bitshares could be better than Blackcoin and it seems the best form of marketing to miners and investors is profitability. If your coin is more profitable to mine and hold, you win. And if it's harder to dump than others, then people tend to hold it for longer. These are just observations I'm seeing from studying Blackcoin and I recommend everyone from this forum study the Blackcoin phenomena.

It might have been designed to look like a pump and dump, but it's designed to be incredibly difficult to dump due to the mining creating buy walls.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:57:50 pm by luckybit »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
Faircoin is following Blackcoin,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487212.0

The novelty of the suggestion will soon fade as everyone adopts it.
In other words, time is of the essence - as always.

Everyone will adopt it but the goal isn't the novelty. It should be considered a form of marketing of the Bitshares technology.

While Blackcoin is a better store of value than anything before it, Bitshares has the potential to be even better than Blackcoin. Combine the two communities and work together toward improving toward the same end.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
To refine this idea and build an alliance between the Blackcoin and Bitshares community, the multipool should allow users to select between receiving payout in Blackcoin or Bitshares.

We may know Bitshares technology is better but this would be a way to market that technology to the Blackcoin community.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ags is donated to the sender address which wouls be owned by the pool .. so no .. not for ags

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Could do it for AGS? etc.

It's an interesting development anyhow,
will it destroy POW coins? Possibly.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Adopting now makes no sense, as bts cannot be bought anywhere yet ..

we might have missed that trains .. anyway we should keep that development very active!!

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Faircoin is following Blackcoin,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487212.0

The novelty of the suggestion will soon fade as everyone adopts it.
In other words, time is of the essence - as always.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Why don't we implement a community "SHITCOIN DUMPSTER", where you can throw all your useless, going-nowhere crypto and be paid for them in BC, minus a 20% donation to BC Foundation or multipool bonuses? I'd love to clear out my shitcoin closet, get a few more BC, and support the cause. That's killing 3 birds with one stone!

They are onto something with this. It's almost like a recycling mechanism to turn shit into fuel.

I've sold all my shitcoins, plus much of my Bitcoin, and put the money in PTS and AGS contributions.

+5%    ;D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Why don't we implement a community "SHITCOIN DUMPSTER", where you can throw all your useless, going-nowhere crypto and be paid for them in BC, minus a 20% donation to BC Foundation or multipool bonuses? I'd love to clear out my shitcoin closet, get a few more BC, and support the cause. That's killing 3 birds with one stone!

They are onto something with this. It's almost like a recycling mechanism to turn shit into fuel.

I've sold all my shitcoins, plus much of my Bitcoin, and put the money in PTS and AGS contributions.