Author Topic: BTS-->BTS X-->BTS ME-->BTS YOU-->BTS HIM-->?  (Read 10539 times)

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
When someone starts a new company, the founder does not 'pre-mine' the shares. The founder issues the shares and then either keeps them, gives some or all away, or sells all or some of them.

With a DAC, the shares are also the internal payment system. So, for the DAC to have any value, users must hold shares in it.

Thus, the founder must give or sell some or all of the shares issued.

Getting the balance right is tricky, which is what the Social Consensus is all about. Give a small but significant proportion of the shares to individuals who have demonstrated a desire to support BitShares by mining PTS or virtually mining AGS, let them make a market in the shares, and then sell some or all of the remainder at the market price.

Offline smiley35

• View Profile
Is this the Roadmap of 3I development group?

BTS X was a compromise over BTS, BTS ME is a compromise over BTS X, what's next? Can you just make something working?

So far, it seems the only working product of 3I is PTS, which is technically no different from other thousands of altcoins.

Keyhotee has been advertised a long time, but neither of the basic two functions, decentralized communication and wallet, is realized. 

BTS has been delayed many times, before BTS ME is introduced.

I now really doubt the development ability of 3I, because I've never heard any successful company that CEO and key developer are the same person.

I was a fun of 3I, now I am considering to quit.

As Toast has reported, the code is essentially developed but the community has given great feedback about issues requiring more testing.  It would be foolish to launch all features at once without careful testing.  We must protect investors money.

I would never launch a new aircraft without lots of high-speed taxi testing on the ground before a short and very careful test flight over an unpopulated test range wearing two parachutes.   :)

You get to watch the tests incrementally this spring and evaluate our progress in a controlled environment.
In the meantime, we release the fruits of our work so far in tangible, useful form.  Other products you can trade, test, and experiment.

This will continue.  This is what we do.  Those who understand what it takes to bootstrap an entire industry will appreciate and approve. 

And this month we will make XTS liquid, so that those who are impatient will have a fair option to stay or go, as they choose.

Meanwhile, the Newsletter we are finalizing will lay out the complete roadmap for the coming quarter.  We are very excited about it.

:)

you are right on every aspect you are considering , but how would you explain this .. After changing almost every clause from the original PTS launch, you made BTS 50/50 for AGS and PTS { unfavorable, for everyone, read miners } , made BTS 100% premine { artificial scarcity } , AND decided to take Snapshot on Feb 28 , without a working wallet, { apparently, without any new working software } and without letting all the PTS  minned ,  claiming : earlier is better { the only early thing was announcement , wasn't it? } , taking snapshot is tough { that explains how great a programmer you are ... }, cool isn't it ? it sounds more like, you trying to make a scam materialize into something that may worth it ...

You don't understand what you are talking about..... We all get a better deal because of the pts ags change......it's not "premined", in fact not "mined" at all which makes total sense cause ags represent contributions to an incubator fund. You post history and attitude make me question your motives.

Offline kamikataz

• View Profile

BTS X was a compromise over BTS, BTS ME is a compromise over BTS X, what's next? Can you just make something working?

So far, it seems the only working product of 3I is PTS, which is technically no different from other thousands of altcoins.

Keyhotee has been advertised a long time, but neither of the basic two functions, decentralized communication and wallet, is realized. 

I now really doubt the development ability of 3I, because I've never heard any successful company that CEO and key developer are the same person.

As Toast has reported, the code is essentially developed but the community has given great feedback about issues requiring more testing.  It would be foolish to launch all features at once without careful testing.  We must protect investors money.

I would never launch a new aircraft without lots of high-speed taxi testing on the ground before a short and very careful test flight over an unpopulated test range wearing two parachutes.   :)

You get to watch the tests incrementally this spring and evaluate our progress in a controlled environment.
In the meantime, we release the fruits of our work so far in tangible, useful form.  Other products you can trade, test, and experiment.

This will continue.  This is what we do.  Those who understand what it takes to bootstrap an entire industry will appreciate and approve. 

And this month we will make XTS liquid, so that those who are impatient will have a fair option to stay or go, as they choose.

Meanwhile, the Newsletter we are finalizing will lay out the complete roadmap for the coming quarter.  We are very excited about it.

you are right on every aspect you are considering , but how would you explain this .. After changing almost every clause from the original PTS launch, you made BTS 50/50 for AGS and PTS { unfavorable, for everyone, read miners } , made BTS 100% premine { artificial scarcity } , AND decided to take Snapshot on Feb 28 , without a working wallet, { apparently, without any new working software } and without letting all the PTS  minned ,  claiming : earlier is better { the only early thing was announcement , wasn't it? } , taking snapshot is tough { that explains how great a programmer you are ... }, cool isn't it ? it sounds more like, you trying to make a scam materialize into something that may worth it ...

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile

will this release running with dpos or tapos?

Offline vikram

Don't forget -->BTS Xe to make the feminists happy..

https://github.com/Feminist-Software-Foundation/Internet-plus-Equality

Jeez...I can tell ive been too focused on one portion of the forums lately.  This made me laugh so hard I teared up..
The Feminine

Bitch = Strong Womxn
    Woman = Empowered female
    Cunt = Pretty pink princess
    Pussy = Assets

It's time for BitPussy

Well, I suppose I'll be going long.

Offline JA

• View Profile

Jeez...I can tell ive been too focused on one portion of the forums lately.  This made me laugh so hard I teared up..
The Feminine

Bitch = Strong Womxn
    Woman = Empowered female
    Cunt = Pretty pink princess
    Pussy = Assets

It's time for BitPussy

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline vikram

lzr1900

still? (the bold)
bump

lzr1900

still? (the bold)
Same question here. +5%

Offline bodenliu

• View Profile

still? (the bold)

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

So far I found a lot of consistence in how I3 is presenting and developing their ideas, it is the nature of a creative process that it sometimes gets chaotic. As a long term investor I am satisfied & confident about the progress and the steady flow of solutions for unknown problems.

Agreed. 

Again, this project is merely 5 months in.  Investors in a typical software startup wouldn't have a realized ROI for 5+ **years**, IF they're lucky.

I've been incredibly pleased with Invictus with regards to their persistence to solve big problems and their consistency in conveying to us, as investors, what their status is and where focus is currently being applied.  Just like Brian Sovryn mentions in his interview with Brian Page (https://soundcloud.com/sovryntech/sovryn-tech-special-0018), I'm following the attitude and I believe Invictus absolutely has the right attitude [and experience] from a philosophical, technical and executional perspective.

Additionally, as far as I'm concerned, BitShares PTS in the perspective of an MVP (minimum viable product) was knocked out of the park.  It's apparent other investors think so too with the recent price increase; people are excited by the recent announcements.

Edit: spelling, grammer & link
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:57:44 pm by G1ng3rBr34dM4n »

Offline CalabiYau

I have to say I share OP's worry.

Invictus has so far been given more than 4170 bitcoins (according to agsexplorer) which at the current rate of about 630$ USD each totals to more than 2.6 Million US Dollars.
For what exactly? Up to now only promises.

The two ags explorers where developed by other people, logos where designed by other people, wasn't even PTS - the only real product for now - created by other people?

I am not implying I know anything about the true motives of the people behind 3I but from the persepective of a lightweight investor, this whole operation has various warning signs of an elaborate rip-off scheme.

BTS will be liquid in a few weeks so you can sell if you're uncomfortable.  You can follow their work in Github so it's not an elaborate rip-off or anything.  The code is already written.. they're just being very cautious and careful about not releasing a product until they're certain all potential bugs and attacks are accounted for.  As an investor, I'd much prefer them take their time and release a robust system than to release a buggy inferior product leading to a decline in investor confidence and market cap.

Also, speaking as a software developer, money does not speed up the testing process.  As others have mentioned, when software gets to this stage of development it tends to follow Brook's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks's_law) whereby adding additional developers or resources to the project can (and will) further delay its release. 

Everyone in the Bitshares community (especially devs) wants BTSX to be released as soon as possible but quality code is vital for I3 and BTS survival so releasing an inferior product to appease 'weak hands' is unacceptable IMO.

So far I found a lot of consistence in how I3 is presenting and developing their ideas, it is the nature of a creative process that it sometimes gets chaotic. As a long term investor I am satisfied & confident about the progress and the steady flow of solutions for unknown problems. Regarding competition (cooking with water too) it is imho critical to have a product that works from the beginning. So drive slowly - I am in a hurry !   

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
If you think doing math in public is risky, try doing engineering in public!

...especially civil engineering.  If it moves, run!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
All engineering is done in public.

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/tree/master/libraries

If promises aren't enough for you, and you can't judge the code for yourself, then there's nothing else left to convince you, and that's understandable.

If you think doing math in public is risky, try doing engineering in public!

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.