Author Topic: Changing Votes  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
Alright that makes sense. I was on the website and the vote changing process was unclear to me.

Offline tomorrow

• View Profile
So if you vote 1st preference for CEO (FreeTrade), and want to vote for someone else as 1st preference:

The block chain will override the first vote for freetrade as 1st priority and accept my second 1st preference vote, without having to clear anything?
Yes, just send 0.00000001MMC to the other guy.
Vote for seraphim to lead a team of supporters as MMC CSO
Send 0.00000001 to MVTEcsoL9GvfezMUgEDnhr7ioRAsByuTAv

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
Ohh okay I understand.

So if you vote 1st preference for CEO (FreeTrade), and want to vote for someone else as 1st preference:

The block chain will override the first vote for freetrade as 1st priority and accept my second 1st preference vote, without having to clear anything?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 07:50:52 pm by Delinquency »

Offline seraphim

You can change your vote using option 1
It's just not possible to completely remove your vote (except option 3)
Meet you on STEEM

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
I know. I just want someone to fix that issue in an update.

So you can't just change your first vote to somebody else? You'll have to move your MMC to anothwr wallet?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 03:44:46 pm by Delinquency »

Offline seraphim

You got the following options:

- vote for another candidate (sigh)
- vote for the spoil address
- vote for a non-existing address

There's no other way to remove your vote once it was cast from your address. That's why donschoe's cha address is voting for the spoil addresses - he voted in the beginning and decided not to vote with this address later, but it's not possible to just remove the vote.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
I see the whole system of moving all of your MMC to another wallet as a hassle just to switch voting for a certain candidate.

Is there a way to send a satoshi to a reset address to just reset or change any or all of your votes?

I'm sure there are multiple ways for the blockchain to do this, and generally, the coin should be more user friendly when changing votes.

I just got onto the top 100 list and hope to join the top 10 eventually.