Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: First post: Hello world,Hello ME  (Read 2675 times)

Offline SuanBing

• View Profile
    • Bitshares News
First post: Hello world,Hello ME
« on: March 17, 2014, 04:53:21 PM »

:) +5%
BitsharesNews.com
我的微博
pts: PkyZq51PFLHonjzKdUDunzA52TDMR2tRrn

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Re: First post: Hello world,Hello ME
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 05:02:24 PM »
卧槽,真快啊

genisis block found,let’s bitshares

Offline Overthetop

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 05:03:02 PM »
 +5%
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline yellowecho

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 05:27:26 PM »
Soooo.... What're ya'll looking forward to the most with BTS Me?  How will ya'll be using it?   8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline toast

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 06:00:55 PM »
I will be using it to sell consulting time. I doubt anyone will buy it, but I'll selling it =P
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline ffwong

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 06:06:22 PM »
Please educate me. What can be sold via BitShares ME? Services or physical item? What criteria allow the service or item to be traded? I don't quite get it.
Cast me some votes. I am running:
- dragonball for Bitshares 2.0 net
- delegate.fftt for PTS (DPOS) net

Offline toast

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 06:30:08 PM »
You just issue IOUs. It's just an asset backed by a promise, just like mastercoin or counterparty. You can have it mean whatever you want.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline yellowecho

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 06:32:45 PM »
I will be using it to sell consulting time. I doubt anyone will buy it, but I'll selling it =P
That's a good idea!  I play music and have considered BTS Me for selling tickets to our shows.. seems do-able  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline ffwong

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 06:50:25 PM »
You just issue IOUs. It's just an asset backed by a promise, just like mastercoin or counterparty. You can have it mean whatever you want.

Suppose I issued an IOU and someone bought it, but I don't fulfill my promise (scam in other words). What happen next (to me and to buyer)? My IOU value drop to zero?

But how a buyer can "buy" my IOU? with XTS? or with BitsharesME shares?

Cast me some votes. I am running:
- dragonball for Bitshares 2.0 net
- delegate.fftt for PTS (DPOS) net

Offline toast

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 06:52:30 PM »

Suppose I issued an IOU and someone bought it, but I don't fulfill my promise (scam in other words). What happen next (to me and to buyer)? My IOU value drop to zero?

It's up to you, the customer, and the public to resolve un-honored IOUs. You could also theoretically do something really fancy like have a piece of hardware that requires ownership of the asset on Me to work, so then your asset could effectively be traded as a title for that piece of hardware.

Buyers buy the asset on the exchange within Me, using other Me assets or the core Me asset (XME?)

Offline luckybit

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 08:38:22 PM »

Your IOU should be backed by collateral. Put some Bitshares in escrow which track the value of each purchase. If the escrow isn't big enough then you shouldn't be able to issue IOU's to people who don't want to deal with anyone not backed by collateral.

You can do IOU without collateral but if you have collateral then even if you are a scam you don't get to keep our money, we get our money back at any time by redeeming the IOU for what is held in escrow.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 08:42:14 PM »
The big use for this that I see is selling stock in a company. This would make issuing stock much easier for smaller businesses, allowing them to generate capital through crypto-currencies with minimal difficulty
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 09:18:05 PM »
The big use for this that I see is selling stock in a company. This would make issuing stock much easier for smaller businesses, allowing them to generate capital through crypto-currencies with minimal difficulty

And, if not stock, then debt.  A zero-coupon bond is a promise to pay X units of currency on a given future date. The market determines the price, and the return is calculated from the other three variables.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 09:24:08 PM »

And, if not stock, then debt.  A zero-coupon bond is a promise to pay X units of currency on a given future date. The market determines the price, and the return is calculated from the other three variables.

Crowd-funding is about to get a whole lot easier  8)
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 09:56:27 PM »
How expensive would it be to issue my IOU shares?
When my noodle stand company is worth 1 million USD and I issue 1 million NS-Shares each at 1 USD with BTS ME. How much would I roughly have to pay? What are the costs specifically?

Google+