Author Topic: CHAIN FORK COMING....  (Read 28799 times)

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
network hash is 822k, the orphans were masking like 10x and we still have 40s blocks.........

Seems to be slowing down - looks like some hashing power has left. Are all the pools still up?
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline bytemaster

network hash is 822k, the orphans were masking like 10x and we still have 40s blocks.........
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
A couple simple questions....

First... I saw someone refer to pool mining.... How are you pool mining?  I downloaded QT and assumed I was solo mining.  Where are PTS poolminers and who has pool mining up and running.

Second... Whena and where wiil PTS shares be traded?

Third.. You are already increasing the difficulty ..... I have been mining with 3-4 PC's 2-7 threads for over 5 days and I am finding almost no blocks for last 3 days.  If you want to keep small miners, you need to be careful.  Someone has a large block of mining power and is producing almost all the coins.  Regardless.... mining for 3 days with no blocks and now increasing difficulty and now pool mining without notifying how to pool mine?  I am thinking PTS is becoming a 'scam' coin!

there are 3 pools - it's up to you to use them

also, it's only natural for the hashrate to grow.

Offline BRWN8484

• View Profile
A couple simple questions....

First... I saw someone refer to pool mining.... How are you pool mining?  I downloaded QT and assumed I was solo mining.  Where are PTS poolminers and who has pool mining up and running.

Second... Whena and where wiil PTS shares be traded?

Third.. You are already increasing the difficulty ..... I have been mining with 3-4 PC's 2-7 threads for over 5 days and I am finding almost no blocks for last 3 days.  If you want to keep small miners, you need to be careful.  Someone has a large block of mining power and is producing almost all the coins.  Regardless.... mining for 3 days with no blocks and now increasing difficulty and now pool mining without notifying how to pool mine?  I am thinking PTS is becoming a 'scam' coin!

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

If you have any reasons why we shouldn't fork and would like to object you have about 2 hours to do so.

You must be kidding. You're trying to establish a serious business, and you give your loyal early adopters TWO HOURS before a hard fork????

There's already an active exchange! Have you given the slightest thought what happens there when people on different blockchain versions send or withdraw their PTS there?

I had high hopes for this coin. What you're showing here is a complete management failure, IMO. Good luck with that.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Here's another download link for win32 for anyone having trouble -
win32
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5Ax5kejTpMVjkyRHdnbUhmdEE/edit?usp=sharing
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline zefo

• View Profile
How do you upgrade to the latest ProtoShares client?  Will the Wallet balance switch over automatically?

Yes Zefo

So just download it and run the exe file?  Simple as that?

yes simple as that

Thanks! 

Offline gabainc

• View Profile
How do you upgrade to the latest ProtoShares client?  Will the Wallet balance switch over automatically?

Yes Zefo

yes simple as that

Offline zefo

• View Profile

Yes Zefo

Offline gabainc

• View Profile

Yes Zefo

Offline zefo

• View Profile

Offline Proto

• View Profile

The old miners will just make an 4x adjustment. They accept any blocks whether it be the ones generates with lower diff (4x increase) or higher diff (32x increase max).

No, I think we'll see a clean fork -

// Check proof of work
        if (nBits != GetNextWorkRequired(pindexPrev, this))
            return state.DoS(100, error("AcceptBlock() : incorrect proof of work"));

If nBits doesn't match the expected value, the block be rejected outright.

It is only rejected by all new miners. There is going to be a % of miners with the old version and a different nbits. They get a longer chain even if they don't represent 50% of the networks hashrate, because they miner 'easier' blocks than all loyal miners who switched to a newer version.

Anyone using the old version of the software, will accept this longer easier chain! If you make transactions without having the newest version installed, they will end up in the old block chain, but not necessarily in the new chain.

Someone can spend funds and make the receiver trick into believing he received his PTS (if the receiver uses the old software), where in reality he didn't get his funds because they ended up in the 4x-chain and not the shorter 32x-chain.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA