Author Topic: Bitshare roughly estimated at $100  (Read 9533 times)

Offline JA

• View Profile
One importent aspect is that we have many chinese on board.
And we know what that means in terms of cryptocurrency and investing  ;D

http://coinmarketcap.com/volume.html#pts

75 % of the whole PTS market is driven by chinese

The same will happen with Bitshares
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 07:01:49 pm by jabbajabba »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Nobody is buying this.
Thanks God. In my view it's bordeline scam.

I would very feel bad for people who buy something at ten time the market price. But I guess nobody has the same ethics.
Ten times? We will be luck if we can get $5 at the start.

Could you please explain why ?

The value of bitshares has to be proven first. A theory alone is not that valuable. Bitshares needs a large user base who actually use it for transactions. Also it has to prove that it is stable and no attacks can be made against it. Before that the risk is too high to value it at 100$ per share. As most inverstors think like this the price will be much lower. At the start. If everything works I see no problem with 100,1000 or even 10000 a share in the next 2 years.

If Bitshares are really that cheap I will be happy because only a complete sucker would sell a Bitshare for $5. I assume most people on this forum know what Bitshares are and if you know what it is you wouldn't sell it for $5. On the other hand there are probably a lot of early miners who were just mining protoshares and wanted some quick cash.

$5 is just not likely though. Mastercoin is going for around $50. Bitshares PTS was nearly $30 at one point.  I can believe we could see prices of $25-50 but I would be surprised if we see $5.

But if we do see $5 we will all have the chance to buy Bitshares for even cheaper than Bitshares PTS is going for right now.

Nobody is buying this.

I would very feel bad for people who buy something at ten time the market price. But I guess nobody has the same ethics.

The value of bitshares has to be proven first. A theory alone is not that valuable. Bitshares needs a large user base who actually use it for transactions. Also it has to prove that it is stable and no attacks can be made against it. Before that the risk is too high to value it at 100$ per share. As most inverstors think like this the price will be much lower. At the start. If everything works I see no problem with 100,1000 or even 10000 a share in the next 2 years.

Add to that there will be a 4 million supply right at the start. There will be lots of people trying to cash out, at least to make back some of what invested for AGS (which is not liquid). There are also early AGS investors who are getting these BTSXT at 0.0025 BTC. So even if they sell at 0.005 BTC, its a 100% profit.

Most of those who wanted BTS XT has invested. The rest won't be getting a featureless product for high prices. Its months away from BTS XT doing what it is supposed to do. Until then, the price will remain low, even lower than PTS IMO.

If they paid enough attention to invest in AGS at those prices why do you think they'd quickly sell BTSXT? Even if they can make a 100% profit, they could have just bought and sold PTS to make that kind of profit so why would they have bought AGS at all?

What you're saying defies what the polls say, the behavior of the people on this forum at least. Since all the people closest to the project seem to be talking $100 or more as the price they'll sell for, the only people I can think of who wouldn't be close to the project but who would be prone to sell are the early miners who used the cloud.

If you mined PTS using the cloud or with a botnet in the first few weeks and you didn't sell your PTS just prior to or right after the snapshot, then you'd probably be wise to sell your PTS right about now and use that to buy some BTS at $5.

I would do exactly that because I know $5 wont last long if marketing is even slightly effective.

Most of those who wanted BTS XT has invested. The rest won't be getting a featureless product for high prices. Its months away from BTS XT doing what it is supposed to do. Until then, the price will remain low, even lower than PTS IMO.

I think I see what you're trying to do now. You're trying to get cheap shares. You believe if you talk it down to $5 that it will be $5. If BTS XT works at all then it's more valuable than PTS. It might not be feature complete, but you keep forgetting that by the time it is feature complete the price will skyrocket and it won't come back down.

I actually hope you're right. Shake out the weak hands willing to sell at less than PTS so I can afford a lot more BTS XT. BTS XT is what people will have to buy to get a stake in Bitshares so the idea that it could be cheaper than PTS?

The only way I can see any of that happening is if marketing completely fails. If no one does anything for months then no one will know about BTS XT. If BTS XT isn't on an exchange that also could keep the price low.

But the price should be at least what PTS was. I can't see how it could be less.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 05:52:16 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

sumantso

Nobody is buying this.

Add to that there will be a 4 million supply right at the start. There will be lots of people trying to cash out, at least to make back some of what invested for AGS (which is not liquid). There are also early AGS investors who are getting these BTSXT at 0.0025 BTC. So even if they sell at 0.005 BTC, its a 100% profit.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I think the main issue is that Bitshares haven't even been launched yet. That is probably why nobody is currently buying anything at the buybitshares website. How can you buy BItshares if it isn't even released yet? Also, we have to take into consideration what is the highest price that people are willing to BUY them for. We know that the lowest price people are willing to sell BItshares for is roughly $100.

8)

Look at the poll again.  $100 is NOT the lowest price people are willing to sell them for.

+1 

Speaking for myself, I have a predetermined threshold for buying when XTS become liquid, and it's definitely above $100

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I think the main issue is that Bitshares haven't even been launched yet. That is probably why nobody is currently buying anything at the buybitshares website. How can you buy BItshares if it isn't even released yet? Also, we have to take into consideration what is the highest price that people are willing to BUY them for. We know that the lowest price people are willing to sell BItshares for is roughly $100.

8)

Look at the poll again.  $100 is NOT the lowest price people are willing to sell them for.

+1 

Speaking for myself, I have a predetermined threshold for buying when XTS become liquid, and it's definitely above $100

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

8)

Offline jae208

• View Profile

8)
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile
Nobody is buying this.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:36:23 pm by CrazyCriple »

Offline JA

• View Profile
Nobody is buying this.

sumantso

Nobody is buying this.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Apparently less than 1.

Transaction Date   Transaction Hash   BTC/USD Rate   Bitshares Amount   Value in USD   BitShares Left
2014-03-09 11    519bbbf6767359b762350079f2a3e5dc3e47297a65c679b175766b379e03ade4    620.31    .6203100000    62.0310000000    1199.3796900000

Nobody is buying this.  Probably a dummy transaction

This is a dummy alright but its not a scam . This is a sample of transaction if ever someone buys bitshare. Better have knowledge on how will DACs work for the investors.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:18:42 am by jwiz168 »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Nobody is buying this.

I don't think the price is wrong. It's more people don't trust their website because how can you trust it? The process is unusual and people aren't familiar with it, additionally the site came out of no where, no one knows if they will really redeem the Bitshares.

Also it's so close to being on a legitimate exchange, why are people going to take the risk?

Honestly though I think it could end up going for well over $100 soon after launch.

I think the best time to buy will be early on when people foolishly sell them for $ to pay for whatever expenses from mining PTS.

Once the people who mined to get their BTS have sold and get replaced by new people buying in at higher prices, it will become the new normal to be $100.

And from there it will rise $10-20 a month at least as features are added. I think it depends on how the testing goes and on how long it takes to add features like shorts, and interest rates.

Think of the Bitshares XT as the IPO. You will never be able to get Bitshares for much cheaper than you will at the prices we will see in the next few weeks.

That means if you're on the sidelines you should prepare to buy in because I'm going to be putting the majority of my earnings into Bitshares.

There will be many others who will hear about Bitshares who did not understand the Angelshare process, they'll be buying as others will be selling. So I hope we see $20 or $50 but I suspect no one will sell for that cheap except early miners.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 02:12:03 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Nobody is buying this.

Offline Pixar

• View Profile

Apparently less than 1.

Transaction Date   Transaction Hash   BTC/USD Rate   Bitshares Amount   Value in USD   BitShares Left
2014-03-09 11    519bbbf6767359b762350079f2a3e5dc3e47297a65c679b175766b379e03ade4    620.31    .6203100000    62.0310000000    1199.3796900000

Nobody is buying this.  Probably a dummy transaction

Offline mint chocolate chip

Anyone wondering how many bitshares they've sold @ $100?