Author Topic: First post: Hello world,Hello ME  (Read 10127 times)

Offline bytemaster

I am contemplating different issuance models... currently the number of unique types of shares that can be issued per chain is limited to 2^16 or about 65K.

In this sense the ability to issue shares is a limited resource.   I am thinking of limiting it to one new type per block maximum and thus who ever paid the highest transaction fee would get their shares issued first.

Might be worth considering a share-name expiration time also. If someone issues the name "urple" and then never does anything with it, let it expire.
issuer.issuance.expirationdate

Luckybit.Luckyshares.09132014 for example.

I would want to be able to set my vouchers to expire at predetermined dates in some cases.

Shares are another matter, but a share can also act as a voucher.

You could come up with a ticker but internally you would want to store it differently.
If space runs out on 4 letters, just add another letter. If that doesn't work then add a dot, a date, an issuer, and so on.

That is what Counterparty intends to do.

Storing bulky names would just be wasting space in the blockchain, share types are represented by integers.   The issuer of the shares / tickets / etc would be responsible for naming them outside the system.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I am contemplating different issuance models... currently the number of unique types of shares that can be issued per chain is limited to 2^16 or about 65K.

In this sense the ability to issue shares is a limited resource.   I am thinking of limiting it to one new type per block maximum and thus who ever paid the highest transaction fee would get their shares issued first.

Might be worth considering a share-name expiration time also. If someone issues the name "urple" and then never does anything with it, let it expire.
issuer.issuance.expirationdate

Luckybit.Luckyshares.09132014 for example.

I would want to be able to set my vouchers to expire at predetermined dates in some cases.

Shares are another matter, but a share can also act as a voucher.

You could come up with a ticker but internally you would want to store it differently.
If space runs out on 4 letters, just add another letter. If that doesn't work then add a dot, a date, an issuer, and so on.

That is what Counterparty intends to do.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 06:02:24 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline ssjpts

• View Profile
    • 中国BTC
  • BitShares: coolman
新浪微博:剑指未来BTS
BTC:1Bc7gRGotktBmnNFr3BUUM22HFXCCTyxor
BTSX ID:loves,集大众之爱,待到BTS 500刀,10%回退给捐赠者,10%用于运营,剩余80%用于爱心事业和BTS宣传推广。

bitbro

So when will be the snapshot take place for this particular DAC? any timeframe?

We have learned it is always bad to give any time estimates since it somehow turns into a promise in some people's minds.

In any event, it is up to the five teams of developers who will be having a friendly competition called "Don't Be Last!"

:)

Good call. When Apple announces a product it goes like this:
"Today we are announcing our really awesome new toy! And you can buy from us right now!"
Best not to announce a date until it's truly ready. If I'm not mistaken just about everything in the pipeline is expected to be ready in the Spring... ish.  :)
...oh and one more thing... ;)

Jobs was a legend. Next in line ... Brian Page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

We have learned it is always bad to give any time estimates since it somehow turns into a promise in some people's minds.

In any event, it is up to the five teams of developers who will be having a friendly competition called "Don't Be Last!"

"Today we are announcing our really awesome new toy! And you can buy from us right now!"
Best not to announce a date until it's truly ready. If I'm not mistaken just about everything in the pipeline is expected to be ready in the Spring... ish.  :)
...oh and one more thing... ;)

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page

Offline bytemaster

If you do not renew it annually (basic per-byte trx fee) then it expires.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Overthetop

We are waiting for the White Paper of Bitshares Me ... :)
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline sklye

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline dexinwong

• View Profile

lzr1900

Offline bytemaster

Offline bubbler

• View Profile
mark!  I am waiting for btsx.
PTS:PnbmP6GroR39wHPPDxX5xwwUpKTs81diHk