Author Topic: Questions from a Dummy  (Read 1957 times)

sumantso

Bitshares PTS is just a rebranding of PTS. I am actually using the Protoshares wallet as I am too lazy to be bothered downloading Bitshares PTS one.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
You can import it now if you want to spend them. Protoshares is the same thing as biyshares pts. BTS XT is not out yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline thomas_dick

• View Profile
Either (or rather, "it") is the wallet you will use to claim BTS (or rather units in the "parent" chain of BTS X, called XT) when it comes out

Thanks for reply, I'm still rather unclear though. If I understand correctly, you're saying the bitshares-pts wallet is where I need to import my old PTS wallet? Should I just do that now then? Or do I wait until BTS XT comes out?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
bitshares-pts is just the new name for pts. I think the wallet directory moved to, but it's the same thing still.
Either (or rather, "it") is the wallet you will use to claim BTS (or rather units in the "parent" chain of BTS X, called XT) when it comes out
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline thomas_dick

• View Profile
Hey, I've got a few questions/concerns, been trying to filter through the "status updates" and the "get your bitshares wallet here" sorts of threads but a lot of the discussion seems way over my head, so I thought I'd explain my situation and questions here.

So I took my PTS out of an exchange before the snapshot and have them in a Protoshares 0.2.0 wallet. But now I see this http://invictus.io/bitshares-pts.php "bitshares pts wallet 1.0.0" , but from what I can gather, this isn't the wallet that I need to import my PTS wallet into to claim my BTS or BTSX or whatever it is that I'll be able to claim? I don't know, I'm very confused, if someone could clear all this up for me, sorry for my incompetence, responses much appreciated, cheers.