Author Topic: Pre-allocate share as "Dev DNS"?  (Read 8539 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Thanks all, we're leaning pretty strongly towards 45/45/10 now.

the pts donate to ags can  get shares for bitshares domain.
we can use this for future develop.

i agree with alt.

the pts through ags donation can bring you enough shares for development. why 10% more?

I agree that it is enough if all goes well with all the projects. Think of it this way, suppose we took all of the DNS in the AGS pool for development. Would you pay 10% for us to pay Bitshares Foundation for ecosystem development, including non-technical things?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline lakerta06

I want to ask a question before just saying this/this/that % is "ok with me" or "I think."

Toast, How much of a time are you expecting to save with this move? At the end, what we are agreeing is giving up (from the position of having 50/50) our shares for faster development right?

So, If we take this path, say in 5 years, will my 90% be more valuable compared to the case where you give 100% and depend on only Invıctus' help.

When agreeing on such a desicion, this should be the perspective IMHO.

That said, you can still go with 10/10/80 :)

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
 45/45/10 is good I think

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
yup good share allocation 45/45/10 .

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile

i agree with alt.

the pts through ags donation can bring you enough shares for development. why 10% more?

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Looks like it's pretty unanimous to do 45/45/10, except that random 40/40/20 guy - come on, get on board ;)

Go for it!
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Avant

• View Profile
 45/45/10 is OK with me.
PTS: PvhU2D9ViKygoBQTgh9zeKuFTqi8j3TRjy
BTS: avanty

Offline bs419535551

• View Profile

Offline valtr

• View Profile
I agree with 45/45/10.

Offline Nimrod

• View Profile
I agree with 45/45/10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
I agree with 45/45/10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
I vote to 45/45/10. Let us get more devs for the DNS project.
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Offline PTS中国

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ptschina
--------

PTS中国

Offline ptsrush

• View Profile
45/45/10 is good for me.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
Stan recommended I consider saving money for long-term development. Should there be 1% or 5% or 10% set aside in the genesis block in escrow for development? So an allocation as 'bad' as 45/45/10 AGS/PTS/devs.

Really the only downside is the potential for drama and politics. I think I said "50/50" already elsewhere in the forum. On the other hand, it could also de-politicize things if there is a second fund for development outside AGS, both dedicated to this DAC. Might make it possible to hire more devs full-time exclusively for DNS.

Another way to put it: Would you pay a premium to have this team snowball right now, over a 50/50 AGS/PTS team sometime in the future? How much?
I
i  agree to  10%  for  deverlop 
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

sumantso

Anything which helps it get done fast.

Offline codinat

• View Profile
同意45/45/10这个很重要!

Offline RobertTian

• View Profile
我觉得预留10%作为开发运营费用,是非常有必要的。希望大家不要目光太短浅

Offline toast

• View Profile
That's the problem, in the long run we have our personal dividends (so dev tx fee % is just a tax) but in the short term is when we need funding

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
i would like to see 50/50 as earlier said, but keep 10% of the transaction fees for the deverlopers. i see 2 good points for this split

1. 50/50 you said it already and i don't like to change something it was already said.
2. 10% of the transaction fees will fund the project on the longrun. If the chain is succesful the developers have a source of a steady income and will make a much bigger impact
for a succesful chain.

I think with this kind of solution both partys (investors and developers) will benefit much more.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
If extra funding is needed to get things going then I say go for it.
It would be a question of allocating shares in the DAC to developers or taking donations like AGS.
There should already be some financial support from AGS though. right?

At this early stage 10% of bitsharesDNS is not priced very high if you look at AGS and PTS prices (which would include shares in DNS and many other DACs). I would do as much as I can with AGS funding allocated and then when the project has gained some ground and people price bitsharesDNS higher, start making offers of DNS shares to developers or sell them to the community. Just my 2c.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline toast

• View Profile
这道题目好像是说分配的问题。我觉得在第一个DAC还没有看到运行效果的时候,应该按50/50分配,如果前面的DAC成功了,后面再考虑慢慢降低比例。如第二个DAC”45/45/10 AGS/PTS/devs“ ,第三个DAC”40/40/20 AGS/PTS/devs“ .......或者可以给AGS一定的优先,比如“50/45/5%AGS/PTS/devs ”

To some extent I agree (I think? translate) but XT is already 50/50 and it might be useful for DNS to be proactive about taking a unpopular step while the masses are still mostly understanding

Offline sasashui

• BTS ID : sasashui
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sasashui
这道题目好像是说分配的问题。我觉得在第一个DAC还没有看到运行效果的时候,应该按50/50分配,如果前面的DAC成功了,后面再考虑慢慢降低比例。如第二个DAC”45/45/10 AGS/PTS/devs“ ,第三个DAC”40/40/20 AGS/PTS/devs“ .......或者可以给AGS一定的优先,比如“50/45/5%AGS/PTS/devs ” 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:47:52 pm by sasashui »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
You will note that Toast is asking you guys, not us, what you think about how he should structure his DAC.

We do appreciate his considering our suggestions along with those of everyone else.

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Will you and Vikram have complete authority over how the funds are spent? If so, then go for it! I like 45/45/10 as much as anything else. The exact split probably doesn't matter much.

I don't want any more of this back-and-forth between toast and Invictus about how much money toast can spend on this. If he's project lead, let him go for it. Waiting for a stamp of approval from Invictus is getting tiresome.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Another way to put it: Would you pay a premium to have this team snowball right now, over a 50/50 AGS/PTS team sometime in the future? How much?
Yes! Whatever you think is efficient to grow AGS/PTS value long tern.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline toast

• View Profile
Stan recommended I consider saving money for long-term development. Should there be 1% or 5% or 10% set aside in the genesis block in escrow for development? So an allocation as 'bad' as 45/45/10 AGS/PTS/devs.

Really the only downside is the potential for drama and politics. I think I said "50/50" already elsewhere in the forum. On the other hand, it could also de-politicize things if there is a second fund for development outside AGS, both dedicated to this DAC. Might make it possible to hire more devs full-time exclusively for DNS.