Author Topic: Our new website is now LIVE!  (Read 13343 times)

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
From reddit. I think for us here it is very clear and nice but here are a view for a reddit guy. I think he has a few good points there :
"The website makes absolutely no sense to me. I haven't a clue what Bitshares is.
According to the video, it gets rid of desks, rent, utilities, salaries and equipment and pays all of the money saved to shareholders. And it allows you to transfer shares for free but only for digital companies which exist entirely in software (which don't yet exist).
The best explanation of what bitshares is is hidden on the FAQ page:
BitShares is a free open source software platform that can be used to launch Distributed Autonomous Companies (DAC).
Ok, so where is this open source platform? Or is BitShares a company, it seems to be employing people.
So your website claims BitShares is an open source platform, things you can trade like shares, a digital autonomous company and also a regular company? I'm confused.
Overall opinion: lots of words that mean very little and claim to make lots of money. Is it a scam: no, they aren't asking for my money. Is it an advertisment: no, it's open source. I have literally no idea what the point of this website is other than a design exercise for The Creative momentum"

We need a better presence on Reddit with more informed participants answering questions and addressing concerns. I think this is absolutely imperative actually.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I cannot find the fact that bitshares is based on an 'open source' protocol on the main page ..

should it be added to the list of
- Secure
- Low Cost
- Convenient
- Decentralized

-> Open!

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Great stuff!  8)

I really like the main page of the website and think the video is great too!  +5%  :)

Edit:So many contacts have been asking me what I like in this space and I've been saying BitsharesX, but to try explain the concept and the potential of other DAC's briefly has been challenging. I can now point them to the website, I actually think this will spread pretty quickly.

I think the solutions sub-section could have more jazzy one-liners to get people excited and make sure they click on the explore link. BitsharesX should probably just say 'World's first decentralized bank and exchange' as opposed to
'BitSharesX represents the first Decentralized Autonomous Company (DAC) to use the BitShares platform.'

Is there a video coming for BitsharesX specifically soon? I think that would be good.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 09:53:18 am by Empirical1 »

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Wow the website is very impressive :) I really like the video too!
Congrats on creating such a great website! :) I'm going to download the Bitshares video and reupload it to my youtube channel. Hopefully more people get exposed to it that way.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline oco101

• View Profile
This site is going under ACTIVE edits... THIS IS NOT THE FINAL CONTENT.... 

We have a change list that is a mile long and will be improving the content dramatically.

Yes my post wasn't meant to be critical at all on the contrary, just wanted to show a point from someone outside the community.
Personally I think the site it is really great, I really love it. Brian did an amazing job.

Offline bytemaster

This site is going under ACTIVE edits... THIS IS NOT THE FINAL CONTENT.... 

We have a change list that is a mile long and will be improving the content dramatically.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
From reddit. I think for us here it is very clear and nice but here are a view for a reddit guy. I think he has a few good points there :
"The website makes absolutely no sense to me. I haven't a clue what Bitshares is.
According to the video, it gets rid of desks, rent, utilities, salaries and equipment and pays all of the money saved to shareholders. And it allows you to transfer shares for free but only for digital companies which exist entirely in software (which don't yet exist).
The best explanation of what bitshares is is hidden on the FAQ page:
BitShares is a free open source software platform that can be used to launch Distributed Autonomous Companies (DAC).
Ok, so where is this open source platform? Or is BitShares a company, it seems to be employing people.
So your website claims BitShares is an open source platform, things you can trade like shares, a digital autonomous company and also a regular company? I'm confused.
Overall opinion: lots of words that mean very little and claim to make lots of money. Is it a scam: no, they aren't asking for my money. Is it an advertisment: no, it's open source. I have literally no idea what the point of this website is other than a design exercise for The Creative momentum"

Offline Overthetop

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

38PTSWarrior

There is a typo in the blog. "There is no anesthetic inEthereum.", should be:"There is no anesthetic in Ethereum."

Offline Talos

• View Profile
网页太华丽了象个凤凰,不简洁而且通面介绍,和招商公司没区别!产品btsx拳头产品没突出。也没给时间就说7月大会推广没实际产品!
Just to add a few comments:

(1) each website iteration has made substantial improvements, its going in the right direction!

(2) ? add a more visible link to a wiki from the site. The FAQs are good, but naturally provide brief answers. You could sticky the wikis on this forum - ideally one for each DAC. Currently, googling 'bitshares wiki' brings up a MSC wiki link at the top, and the listed wiki provides a one line answer with a link to back to a MSC site. I don't know if a wiki is the best format but the forum is great for those following the ongoing conversation - for those just arriving: not so much, as searching for information in threads takes some time.

(3) more videos needed about upcoming DACs in the video section of the site please

Offline codinat

• View Profile
网页太华丽了象个凤凰,不简洁而且通面介绍,和招商公司没区别!产品btsx拳头产品没突出。也没给时间就说7月大会推广没实际产品!

Offline super3

• View Profile
The new website is on par. Great job!

Tuck Fheman

So how do you get started?
Click here and follow our step by step guides:
How to get AGS
How to get PTS

In case this hasn't been mentioned, the links(?) in the area listed above are not present (if there are supposed to be links).

http://bitshares.org/solutions/ags-pts/

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 04:00:44 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
 +5% +5% +5% cudos to team Brian ... Looks great, feels good, lasts long time.
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline bytemaster

Looks great!

Some edits:

The FAQ's part of the website mentions that holders of PTS/AGS get 1.33.  Not true. AGS got 3.X.

What happened on February 28, 2014?
This was the snapshot date for BitShares XT. PTS and AGS holders on this date will be given a stake in BitShares XT: for each PTS or AGS held, the holder will be awarded 1.33 XTS.

Obviously we are past March 15

When will BitShares XT launch?
At the earliest, BitShares XT will launch on the Ides of March (March 15, 2014).

Yes... this weekend we have a lot of info to update on this site. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.