Author Topic: BitShares Gambling  (Read 4000 times)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
How about BitsharesGaming or BitsharesGames?
+5%
Bitshares lotto is specific for a lottery game. Bitshares Gambling sounds negative.
Bitshares Games is short and to the point and sounds positive.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Whats wrong with people trying to rename everything? So far I'm not convinced that any name would be better than Bitshares Lotto, its simple and you get the point. Also we cant start renaming everything with no good reason, this can only create more confusion.

What's wrong with people?  I disagree that we are trying to rename everything.  BitsharesLotto does get to the point, if you are playing lotto.  I agree with the OP that it doesn't exactly fit as an appropriate name for the parent gaming DAC.

chryspano

Whats wrong with people trying to rename everything? So far I'm not convinced that any name would be better than Bitshares Lotto, its simple and you get the point. Also we cant start renaming everything with no good reason, this can only create more confusion.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
How about BitsharesGaming or BitsharesGames?

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
If we really need such a term for such family, and if "robotically honest gaming" is a bit too long, I prefer just Bitshares "Gaming" or just "Game". "Autonomous Game" is a word which could help avoid regulation problems in some countries.

But I think it's OK to just keep as it is, as "Bitshares Lotto", which is from Invictus, we might could create a sub forum under "Alternative DACs" to discuss the topic of Game DACs?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
It is great to have the game DAC categorized and break it down to specific games or micro DAC.  I bet a lot of DAC inspired game developer may want to share their views and ideas.

+5%

If there is any DAC family more likely than BitShares X to have a lot of children, it is this.

However, the term "gambling" has unfortunate negative connotations (even though that's what has lead to most advances in human history).

I prefer to use "robotically honest gaming" to carry through the idea that you can actually trust games of chance run by public-ledger/open-source robotic dealers.

"These are not the 'droids you are looking for..."

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:33:00 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

bitbro

In the spirit of DAC "families", the parent forum here might be better titled BitShares Gambling.

Gambling would include BitShares Lotto.  It would also include BitShares Bingo AND BitShares Vegas  (I.e. BitShares Sports Betting, BitShares Political Betting, BitShares Blockchain Betting, etc, etc..); and any other Gambling DACs.

Thoughts?

BitShares Vegas ? Any detail to share on that one ?

BM, several other forum members & I discussed it on a separate thread. If I find it I'll post it here.

BitShares Vegas' purpose is to allow anyone to bet on real-world outcomes; this could be in sport, politics, or any other real world domain.  As examples, you would be able to bet that the Eagles would win the superbowl by 3, or that Hillary Clinton would win the upcoming presidential election.

Outcomes would be based on multiple data feeds that stream data into the DAC.  Winners would be paid out when an outcome occurs.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:07:31 pm by bitbro »

Offline oco101

• View Profile
In the spirit of DAC "families", the parent forum here might be better titled BitShares Gambling.

Gambling would include BitShares Lotto.  It would also include BitShares Bingo AND BitShares Vegas  (I.e. BitShares Sports Betting, BitShares Political Betting, BitShares Blockchain Betting, etc, etc..); and any other Gambling DACs.

Thoughts?

BitShares Vegas ? Any detail to share on that one ?

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
It is great to have the game DAC categorized and break it down to specific games or micro DAC.  I bet a lot of DAC inspired game developer may want to share their views and ideas.

+5%

bitbro

Thoughts?