Author Topic: Bitcoin core developers slashed OP_RETURN to store 40 bytes.Will this affect us?  (Read 4255 times)

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
The political bickering between bitcoin core devs and counterparty/mastercoin will only serve to highlight the scalability issues that Daniel Larimer has been stressing all along.

Now only if bitshare X was actually released, we would be cashing in so hard on this issue right now.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
The only relation I have seen so far with Bitshare X as regards to bitcoin is the genesis block of Bitshare X as a result of snapshot from bitcoin donations.

Offline JoeyD

Oops I think I may have reacted to this topic in the wrong thread.

But as I tried to point out in that post I think it would be wise to be prepared for the same conflict of expectations happening here just the same. Not everyone might take to the open-source culture as easily as most people here. Should some of the projects gain traction and take off, I imagine very similar issues arising, with people having expectations about and feeling entitled to some things/features as if they were license holders of a Microsoft like software. Open-source might be free and open, but it's not a free lunch in the sense that there are no waiters to take your order. People are required to put in some effort on their own accord.

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
The political bickering between bitcoin core devs and counterparty/mastercoin will only serve to highlight the scalability issues that Daniel Larimer has been stressing all along.

+5%

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
XCP and Mastercoin are both more like bitshares ME, not bitshares X
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
That means bitsharesX has a huge advantage over Counterparty and Mastercoin! (result oriented speaking :) )
The first word came to me thinking on bitsharesX is "freedom" instead of "slavery" for the other 2 :)

*sorry for the post
but I think it will help some newbies like me :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:01:46 pm by liondani »

busygin

It should be a very good news for Bitshares ME (at least) as it becomes clear that Mastercoin/Counterparty plans to squeeze a whole new protocol into bitcoin tx format were not so well-thought. Bitshares are planned as a family of blockchains totally independent of bitcoin, and I start really appreciating this architecture now. Different crypto products may have conflicting needs for their tx message format, so each chain functionality can be tuned independently without affecting other chains.

"OP_RETURN was originally meant to store 80 bytes of extra data in a bitcoin transaction, but the core developers slashed it to 40 bytes"

http://www.coindesk.com/developers-battle-bitcoin-block-chain/

Will this situation affect bitsharesX like Counterparty? If yes which is your plan? If not, sorry for posting this ;)

clout

Bitshares x doesn't use the bitcoin blockchain

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hahah I wonder why that is...  :D

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Bitshares x doesn't use the bitcoin blockchain

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
"OP_RETURN was originally meant to store 80 bytes of extra data in a bitcoin transaction, but the core developers slashed it to 40 bytes"

http://www.coindesk.com/developers-battle-bitcoin-block-chain/

Will this situation affect bitsharesX like Counterparty? If yes which is your plan? If not, sorry for posting this ;)