Author Topic: Promote "DNS" and rename first chain?  (Read 2968 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
We are on exactly the same page. I just thought it would be iconic if, every time a distributed namespace DAC got momentum, we would make note of it in the proto-DAC. But it's totally unnecessary and could even be harmful because politics.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I would suggest what Mrjeans suggested.  launch a POS coin that is the proto dac of all future dacs.  That would allow someone to invest in the idea of a DNS dac, even if they didn't appreciate the way that the primary dac was built.

I support this. The proto-DAC will do nothing but list the claimed TLDs by its child DACs. I think I'll write up another post about this.

I'm not quite sure I understand you, but thats not quite what I was thinking.  What Mrjeans suggested in bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3890.0 seems to me to be a simply altcoin.  Branch the DNS family off of the PTS/AGS tree.  Call it Bitshares-DNS.  Make it a simple POS coin that allows people to invest in the idea of a decentralized DNS solution.  Then branch off of that for your work and call it bitshares-.p2p.  Any future revisions of your work would be a 1 for 1 snapshot of the bitshares-.p2p chain.  call it bitshares-p2p-2 or whatever you like.  Of course should you decide to release bitshares-.dac you could also do a 1 for 1 snapshot of the bitshares-.p2p chain if you prefer to reward those that have supported your chain, but If I think I can do it better than you I might release bitshares-.puppies (everyone loves puppies.  Except serial killers) and I could snapshot the bitshares-dns chain without having to go back to PTS/AGS

This gives the proto dac bitshares-dns a value corresponding to the expected future innovation in dns, adjusted for time preference of course.  While giving those innovators a single chain to snapshot that will be filled with individuals that support a decentralized DNS system.

This will reduce the value of bitshares-.p2p by stripping the expected value of future dacs expected to be derived from the bitshares-.p2p chain. It will also stabilize the price of bitshares-.p2p though.  Reducing the snapshots will help prevent wild swings in price as those that only valued the spinoff product will not sell off bitshares-.p2p.

If I'm not making sense please let me know.  This is my leisure time, and I have a tendency to drink a lot in my leisure time.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
I would suggest what Mrjeans suggested.  launch a POS coin that is the proto dac of all future dacs.  That would allow someone to invest in the idea of a DNS dac, even if they didn't appreciate the way that the primary dac was built.

I support this. The proto-DAC will do nothing but list the claimed TLDs by its child DACs. I think I'll write up another post about this.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 05:25:22 pm by puppies »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
p2p is good.  gns is also good. it sounds like genesis. Maybe ADAM as the first name of man 8)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 04:39:14 am by jwiz168 »

Offline toast

• View Profile
What if the first chain was simply "the .p2p blockchain" and the ticker was "P2P" or "DOT-P2P"? "DNS" would refer to the family of namespace DACs that share our frontend tools.