Author Topic: New DACs Marketing/Investing Suggestion: what do you think?  (Read 1230 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
This could work. It sounds promising. Is AGS (and I assume you mean an AGS that is unique to that DAC) the best way to accomplish this and raise funds? I don't mind AGS, but one must have a lot of faith in the DAC and development team. Getting serious AGS donations requires some word of mouth or marketing in its own right. And if the proceeds are used for marketing, then it's marketing to raise money for marketing. Alas, such is fundraising... I know that a liquid coin can be volatile, but that would be another possibility that may not depend on pre-establishing as high of a trust level as would be needed to gt AGS donations. And what about running an IPO on Bitshares Me?

Offline fuzzy

Let us say that I create a DAC.  Let's call it bitShares Voting. 

Now lets say that I am smart enough to realize the value proposition of my DAC honoring bitShares community members with a at least 10% to PTS and 10% to AGS.  It would also potentially be a wonderful idea to find any "altcoin" out there that is doing work that I believe would significantly benefit the work I am doing on my DAC (perhaps a new protocol layer that would provide a secondary benefit to DPOS).  Now let us say that BOINC is that layer...

Would it not be a beneficial idea increase the AGS % allotted to Angel Founders to 20%, and then accept PTS, Bitcoin and Gridcoin for AGS funding?  Effectively, the DAC owner now owns 50% of the initial stake and the PTS, Bitcoin and Gridcoin communities have more market depth added over time as subsequent DACs feel obligated to honor these communities? 

The addition of new altcoin communities that are doing legitimate work in the space will benefit because in order to purchase AGS in a cool new DAC, you must use one of a limited number of "coins"...which creates a greater need for those coins.  This should mean that the value per coin would theoretically go up as demand increases while supply is essentially decreasing (held in an AGS fund).  This would also serve to incentivize cross-beneficial work between "alt"coin communities.  Gridcoin is just one example.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:43:40 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D