Author Topic: China: BitCNY, BitEUR, BitUSD  (Read 2114 times)

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
...annnd... It's not gone.

;)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Some exchanges in China are developing deposit agents to replace direct bank transfer, and some are going to move business to HongKong or Overseas.

"The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers"

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Some exchanges in China are developing deposit agents to replace direct bank transfer, and some are going to move business to HongKong or Overseas.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline JoeyD

I'm wondering how big cryptocurrency/equity is in China really.

From what I've seen interest in for example my country "Holland" is huge, compared to the current state of development. If interest in China would be a fraction of what it is over here, I'd expect the price of bitcoin for example to be many times it's current one. (because of the somewhat differing number of inhabitants)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:44:18 pm by JoeyD »

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Don't worry, guys. Bank transfer still works for OKCoin and other exchanges. 4.15 is key time point,  it's rumored that is the deadline.

It's interesting that there are so many exchanges in China, even YUAN deposit is end in mainland, we still have HongKong.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline etherbroker

• View Profile
Is it possible that a low wage earner in China could bypass government currency completely by working directly for digital currencies?

Problem is that food and all other goods would have to be delivered to him/her by someone that will buy those currencies. 

:-[ :-\
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:59:00 am by etherbroker »

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
It is hard to tell what the real story is in China, but it looks like there might be a gaping maw of demand for BitCNY, BitEUR, and BitUSD there.

"OKCoin, FXBTC, and BTC38 Announce the End of Chinese Yuan Deposits Starting April 3, 2014"

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/okcoin-fxbtc-btc38-announce-end-chinese-yuan-deposits-starting-april-3-2014/2014/04/02

Of course, the question still remains how someone in China will be able to acquire BitCNY.

I will keep my eye open for responses on this thread from our Chinese colleagues.