Author Topic: Pricing Bitassets  (Read 1556 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Looking into the future, assuming BitUSD is paying interest as originally planned,

There is reason to assume it will be more valuable than dollars

I think that is understood.

If that was consistent a decentralized gateway could serve the community by providing fiat for bitAssets, and also capturing a gain (if this is true this gain COULD be used creatively, at least more creatively than OLD WORLD model of pocketing it).

Could a gateway pull something like that off though?  Theoretically?  Efficiently buy bitAssets at their nominal price and make a profit?

Just looking for gaping holes in this theory.

Look at it like this: if I can make a profit exchanging bitassets for realassets at the nominal price, that will pull the values of the two closer together. If I can do it, so can anybody else, and competition will drive the difference between the prices to 0.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

No, not 0. A gateway would have to be centralized and regulated which means there will likely be a pretty high fee.

I could be wrong but that is what I would expect due to the high costs of setting a gateway up.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Looking into the future, assuming BitUSD is paying interest as originally planned,

If that was consistent a decentralized gateway could serve the community by providing fiat for bitAssets, and also capturing a gain (if this is true this gain COULD be used creatively, at least more creatively than OLD WORLD model of pocketing it).

Could a gateway pull something like that off though?  Theoretically?  Efficiently buy bitAssets at their nominal price and make a profit?

Look at it like this: if I can make a profit exchanging bitassets for realassets at the nominal price, that will pull the values of the two closer together. If I can do it, so can anybody else, and competition will drive the difference between the prices to 0.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline etherbroker

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

BitUSD should trade within +/- 5% of USD if I had to guess.

Initial version will not pay interest.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline etherbroker

• View Profile
Does anybody know what bitUSD will trade for against USD?

Are the bitUSD more valuable, because they earn interest?

Does bitUSD have negative tax implications?

Any guesses?  I mostly want to know because I am trying to see if I have discovered a solution to compel organic (and unstoppable) ADOPTION + GROWTH.