Author Topic: 8888 DAC - 8888 number daily lottery with 88.88 BTC minimum prize pool  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Pros:  A  lottery with a 8888-1 odds is a lot more realistic than a normal lottery but still lucrative so it should make a good daily variant.

Cons: Getting odds from 10 000-1 and lower is fairly easy at the moment, by playing satoshi dice.

Unless this could be made to look different, maybe with a huge zoom-able roulette board, a countdown etc. (Where you can see where people have already bet and therefore bet on less popular numbers to boost your odds) will this just be viewed as a glorified dice game that you have to wait a whole day to get the results for!?

If anyone can think of a better or more riskless way to seed a more traditional lottery I'm all ears. (That's the problem I'm trying to solve here.)

My personal view is that we need to get the prize pool up as well as the odds to get some traction.
With little risk something like this could be worth 5000 BTC+ in a matter of weeks, giving AGS & PTS a very lucrative return on their investment with very little effort.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
I'm just trying to find a way we can seed a prize pool with very little risk.

Because there are no fees in month 1, I think the std deviation is so low (putting 0.01 BTC on each number) that putting up 88.8 BTC daily wouldn't require more than a 200BTC loan from AGS that they would likely get back circa 100% of at the end of the month.

(If Bitshares doesn't want to risk their funds, maybe they can sell 10-20% of 8888 DAC for the 200 BTC loan & give the rest of the DAC equity to AGS & PTS.)

- Zero edge & a decent prize pool should attract loads of gamblers. (Who will continue playing for 1% if they like the format.)
Shareholders (during zero fee month) may well also heavily support the DAC.  (By playing with their own funds but cover nearly all the numbers.)

Why?

During the trial month, investors can trade the 8888 DAC. They will be speculating on the kind of return that 1% trading fee will start to earn them when the zero fee intro month ends.

With the base 88.8 BTC prize pool, gambler,  plus shareholders betting we could daily pools a couple hundred BTC big.

That would translate to a dividend to the DAC of 100 BTC+ per month if it can be maintained & more if the popularity starts spreading (which I think it will as the prize pool gets bigger.)

(Edit: It doesn't need to be in BTC just trying to give an idea of value.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 04:14:21 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
8888 DAC

8888 numbers to choose from in a daily lottery.
88.88 BTC guaranteed prize pool!
100% payout! No fees!

@ Midnight ET daily!

(*Opening month promotion, 1% betting fees thereafter & the guaranteed prize pool may be reduced.)

-------

This is a daily lottery so it won't be in competition with the other.

IMO, a lottery DAC needs 2 elements.

1. Better odds
2. A lucrative prize pool

I think I've solved no. 2 with very little risk and think the 8888 DAC (which will receive 1% of all bets after month 1) will be worth 5000 BTC+ conservatively at the end of 30 days.

Thoughts