Author Topic: please set rules for ID  (Read 2909 times)

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
thank you for the reply.
I am worried if you set rules too later, we have to register funder ID again. At least, we can set a more strict rule for funder ID register now, to avoid register again.
It shouldn't be a problem as all the rules we're contemplating shouldn't affect the founder id set we have.
OK,I agree with you.:)
I will register my funder id with Chinese name if I have. it's cool, especilly maybe the charset will be abondon later.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
thank you for the reply.
I am worried if you set rules too later, we have to register funder ID again. At least, we can set a more strict rule for funder ID register now, to avoid register again.
It shouldn't be a problem as all the rules we're contemplating shouldn't affect the founder id set we have.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline alt

• View Profile
thank you for the reply.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Please disable case sensitive!!
and some other rules for the ID, like disable space.
you can ask toast, he had make some  rules for the  domain name.
It's a good chance!
It's very bad with no rules.
at least we should disable space, I can register a ID of "bytemaster " or "bytemaster               "
who want a ID system like this?

and we should disable utf8 charset
because too much special charset, like chinese space: "bytemaster "
Case-sensitivity is already accounted for by the name_hash. You get different keys generated with different capitilization, but all the forms of the capitilization will hash to the same hash value, so it's not possible to have someone registered as Alpha and alpha in the blockchain itself. The choice of capitilization used during creation just sets the public key generated (this is why the ID creator should remember the capitilization he used). But phishing attacks based on trying to register Alpha and alpha won't work, since only one will be allowed to register (the first to try).

We're looking into using some ICU functions to eliminate the various unicode spaces in the calculation of the name_hash for keyhotee IDs. Ideally there will also be functions there for taking care of some of the common chars that could allow phishing attacks. This part is still a little fuzzy as we're going thru ICU docs now and they're not fun to read.

Right now we're leaning towards a RFC 3454-style StringPrep to scrub the unicode string, maybe stripping accent marks, then our usual processing of trimming, eliminating consecutive spaces, smashing case, and replacing similar-looking letters
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:51:09 pm by dannotestein »
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alt

• View Profile
Please disable case sensitive!!
and some other rules for the ID, like disable space.
you can ask toast, he had make some  rules for the  domain name.
It's a good chance!
It's very bad with no rules.
at least we should disable space, I can register a ID of "bytemaster " or "bytemaster               "
who want a ID system like this?

and we should disable utf8 charset
because too much special charset, like chinese space: "bytemaster "
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:56:16 am by alt »