Author Topic: I am having problems with my wallet. Can someone help me?  (Read 2301 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Thanks, xeroc  8)

I compiled the wallet again then synced it and all my PTS showed up there, then I made a new backup of that wallet.dat file. Thanks for all the help. I can go and relax now!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
once you loaded you wallet.dat you can use the rpc command (from the debug window) called "listaddressgroupings" to see all addresses ever used including the balances of the those addresses (assuming you fully synced the blockchain!!)

once you've sent your coins make a backup of the wallet.dat file again .. just to be on the safe side!!

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Thanks for the help, xeroc.

It looks like both the TxID and the PTS have turned up now.

https://coinplorer.com/PTS/Addresses/PdVyHfNtJWoGsHz7adMA79RySdJrL6aKLm

I was just worried by a few things; the extra character added in strings (which I was just using as a starting reference), no TxID in coinplorer and the fact I don't know if there's some kind of identifier to pre-snapshot 
coins, which I am sure there is. It got me a bit panicky wondering if I had control over any of the coins I bought!

I am going to reboot back in to the livecd and move all the coins in to that address. I am still a bit scared about it! lol

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
with this TxID   
70a8fb3eca5d32997676019bd6bb7f8880ee621118a35b66fa7701308761e059
it seems that txid does not exist :-(
why not install the latest bitshares-pts client and use your wallet.dat file to load all your addresses .. give it some hours to sync with the network .. then you should be able to see everything.

How did you send the pts to you address??

EDIT:// btw. using strings for wallet.dat is a really bad idea!!

Offline V D-C

• View Profile
Hi, I would like to take my PTS off the exchange and in to my wallet and I am having the following problems.

1. I am away atm and just have a wallet.dat file on a USB. I used strings (the linux programme) to get the address from the wallet.dat. But when I checked the address there where no PTS in that address and I bought some before the snapshot!

This is the address I got from strings -
name"PdVyHfNtJWoGsHz7adMA79RySdJrL6aKLmE

So I compiled the wallet on a livecd and dropped the wallet.dat in the directory and found my address -

PdVyHfNtJWoGsHz7adMA79RySdJrL6aKLm

I was wondering where that extra 'E' came from at the end of the address?

2. So I sent 1.03 PTS to the address in the compiled and synced wallet -
PdVyHfNtJWoGsHz7adMA79RySdJrL6aKLm

with this TxID   
70a8fb3eca5d32997676019bd6bb7f8880ee621118a35b66fa7701308761e059

and now I can't find the 1.03 PTS I sent!

All I want to do is send all the PTS off the exchange and in to my wallet so they are safe, but I am worried I have lost the last 1.03 I sent to that address so don't know what to do. I don't have a good understanding of how the blockchain works. Can someone help me?