Author Topic: MaidSafe IPO on Mastercoin  (Read 100557 times)

clout

Also consider the piggy-back riding nature of Mastercoin. If bitcoin dev have alter some attributes in its architecture, SafeCoin will be affected.

Yeah, thats why I don't want to invest even though I would really like to invest in maidsafe. I think they have a great product in the works.

clout

I think we'll have to concede this one...
I'm not terribly worried. It'll save us a lot of trouble explaining ME.

Yes, but I don't think that the underlying technical advantages of delegate pos or Tapos will be enough to take ppls attention off of mastercoin. Ppl seem to have a hard time understanding these methods of consensus and why they are better than using mining or building on top of the bitcoin blockchain or using nxt. I could be wrong but I dont think ppl will be that interested with bithsares Me upon its release.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Also consider the piggy-back riding nature of Mastercoin. If bitcoin dev have alter some attributes in its architecture, SafeCoin will be affected.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I think we'll have to concede this one...
I'm not terribly worried. It'll save us a lot of trouble explaining ME.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Now if this pushes through , a big blow for bitshare and I3 . MaidSafe may be a great partner. Well Mastercoin already has its exchange working for nearly a month. MaidSafe dev has confidence in them. This is really a challenge for I3 to come up with option to pursue and convince Maidsafe or still scrutinize and fine tune its product then seek another database-oriented DAC dev to be its partners.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:31:12 am by jwiz168 »

clout

Here is an article describing MaidSafe's IPO using Mastercoin protocol. I found it while doing a search of news on bitShares. Perhaps if bitshares Me comes out before April 22 we can persuade them to do an ipo with bitshares instead.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2014/04/08/beyond-bitcoin-crypto-ownership-companies-hope-youre-ready-to-decentralize-everything-on-the-internet/

Also wondering if ppl think this is something worth investing in. Maidsafe seems like a great idea but I'm a little hesitant in investing in anything done on the mastercoin protocol.