Author Topic: MaidSafe IPO on Mastercoin  (Read 100537 times)

Offline bytemaster

My initial understanding was apparently wrong, but I think the incentives are wrong.   Their coin is not divisible, their network is likely vulnerable to Sybil attacks. 

But perhaps I am just biased by my own r&d in this space. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline kyletorpey

• View Profile
We talked with maidsafe today and will be using our Dns system and they will be consulting with us on the economics of their system. 

In the end the mastercoin ipo will be insignificant compared to our partnership potential. 

I figured they would have figured out the economics by now if they're launching an IPO later this month. What are your thoughts on their token-based system vs a system that just uses Bitcoin for escrow? We've thought about the economics of a token-based system for something like MaidSafe/Bitcloud a lot at Bitcloud, but it seems that tokens really complicate things. Here are a few issues:

1) Most people in this space would rather use bitcoins than convert to a new token.
2) A token basically averages out the quality of the storage nodes on the network, so you have low quality nodes and high quality nodes getting paid the same rate. This leads to average quality storage and hosting.
3) Legal implications of profiting off a system that will undoubtedly be used for illegal purposes.
4) How can you increase the value of a token without also having the services paid for with that token become more expensive (for example storage)?

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
We talked with maidsafe today and will be using our Dns system and they will be consulting with us on the economics of their system. 

In the end the mastercoin ipo will be insignificant compared to our partnership potential. 

VERY nice!

+5%

Offline Overthetop

This.  Partnering with others when possible to realize greater potential from their ideas is better than isolating ourselves and antagonizing everyone.  Market competition is a great way to handle conflicts, but creating superfluous conflict is still counterproductive.

Agree

There are still lots of and more important work left to be done about BTS kernal ecosystem

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 03:39:34 pm by Overthetop »
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

PS  1) clout I think you must change your post title ;)
      2) When will take place an official announcement from both party's about the potential of partnership or even something like a comment (like you made) from Maidsafe part ?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:55:52 am by liondani »

sumantso

Excellent :)

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Now if this pushes through , a big blow for bitshare and I3 . MaidSafe may be a great partner. Well Mastercoin already has its exchange working for nearly a month. MaidSafe dev has confidence in them. This is really a challenge for I3 to come up with option to pursue and convince Maidsafe or still scrutinize and fine tune its product then seek another database-oriented DAC dev to be its partners.

Why chase after Maidsafe? Just develop something exclusively for Bitshares. Also there will be Bitcloud.

Good developers and development time are a limited source  especially in a more an d more competitive field.... So partnering makes sense...

This.  Partnering with others when possible to realize greater potential from their ideas is better than isolating ourselves and antagonizing everyone.  Market competition is a great way to handle conflicts, but creating superfluous conflict is still counterproductive.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Now if this pushes through , a big blow for bitshare and I3 . MaidSafe may be a great partner. Well Mastercoin already has its exchange working for nearly a month. MaidSafe dev has confidence in them. This is really a challenge for I3 to come up with option to pursue and convince Maidsafe or still scrutinize and fine tune its product then seek another database-oriented DAC dev to be its partners.

Why chase after Maidsafe? Just develop something exclusively for Bitshares. Also there will be Bitcloud.

Good developers and development time are a limited source  especially in a more an d more competitive field.... So partnering makes sense...

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Congratulations!!

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

+5%

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

+5%

Now you are talking , this is what we are hoping for as investors.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Also don't forget that in theory it is very easy to do a MSC -> ME migration...
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I think we'll have to concede this one...
I'm not terribly worried. It'll save us a lot of trouble explaining ME.

Yes, but I don't think that the underlying technical advantages of delegate pos or Tapos will be enough to take ppls attention off of mastercoin. Ppl seem to have a hard time understanding these methods of consensus and why they are better than using mining or building on top of the bitcoin blockchain or using nxt. I could be wrong but I dont think ppl will be that interested with bithsares Me upon its release.

Making connections is CRUCIAL!

edit: Let's not be arrogant to think it doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:35:32 am by delulo »