Author Topic: Why not change the PTS mining method from POW convert POS?  (Read 4739 times)

Offline gyhy

• View Profile
Re: Why not change the PTS mining method from POW convert POS?
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 05:53:38 am »
 +5%

Offline Ykw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 03:04:55 pm »
For me also makes sense for PTS to be TaPOS... as coins like BC and now FAC are taking market share.. also people only move more money into crypto once BTC regains popularity and stability... so China market will need to regain trust first ... My guess is that not only their anti-others capitalism fight will not work in long term.. but also because multi-altcoin will flood their micro-transaction markets... their influence will somehow be diluded into their play-role in rejecting/non-supporting cryptocurrencies..

So, my prediction is for capitalistic cryptos to be better china "influential" crypto than "minable" only ones. Therefore.. more tempting for them to adopt.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 05:44:19 pm »
AGS made liquid  :o  could you please paste the link where bytemaster said this?
now donate 1PTS can get about 3.xAGS
if AGS made liquid,there is no different between AGS and PTS。
then  donate all the pts is the best choice

Who can stop anybody to sell AGS trough Bitshares. If that could be a problem whole project don't make any sense.

Because you can't be sure that the original owner didn't keep the keys.. So you can only sell access to your AGS but you can't transfer AGS (unless someone makes LiquidAGS+PTS chain)
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline gaba

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 07:28:43 am »
AGS made liquid  :o  could you please paste the link where bytemaster said this?

Who can stop anybody to sell AGS trough Bitshares. If that could be a problem whole project don't make any sense.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 04:27:42 pm »
Difficulty is dropping by 70% in ~2 days, so the mining problem is about to resolve itself. We're at 78.5% of PTS mined already too so I don't really see the need to change this.

On a slightly related note though; what happens once 100% of PTS has been mined, are there transaction fees to compensate miners or is there a plan to then switch to a POS system?

Today I  send PTS and BTC to  trading site and move back to my wallet several times,I found transfer of BTC is quickly, a few minutes. PTS need about an hour and a half。

if PTS chang to DPOS ,transfer time  within 30 seconds is so wonderful

Offline sudo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 04:20:13 pm »
Difficulty is dropping by 70% in ~2 days, so the mining problem is about to resolve itself. We're at 78.5% of PTS mined already too so I don't really see the need to change this.

On a slightly related note though; what happens once 100% of PTS has been mined, are there transaction fees to compensate miners or is there a plan to then switch to a POS system?
1% inflation after

Bytemaster has said it will be converted to a TaPoS coin. Probably with AGS made liquid at the same time too.

sumantso

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 04:06:47 pm »

1% inflation after

Bytemaster has said it will be converted to a TaPoS coin. Probably with AGS made liquid at the same time too.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 02:54:56 pm »

1% inflation after

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline svk

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 02:50:42 pm »

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline sudo

• View Profile
Why not change the PTS mining method from POW convert POS?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 02:10:02 pm »
if DPOS on  bts  test is good。

Now that the PTS mining difficulty is high, the price is low, less work force, transfer is very slow. Why not  fix a  snapshot, and then switch to the pos even dpos?