Author Topic: Nodeshares  (Read 5573 times)

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
Supporting Bitcoin should be decided on a case by case bases. Bitcoin is a competitor and a springboard....

Until my grandmother has a BTC wallet it is a springboard.

There are some over here who are positively having sleepless nights due to the upcoming blokchain 2 thingy, and you want I3 to actually support Nodeshares :o

Lap slap your laptop and peek outside through the window. Millions of people who don't use cryptocurrencies. All of them are done with our current economic model. But their entry into crypto will be Bitcoin.

'If you can't beat them, join them'

Widespread adoption of cryptoxxx (currencies/shares...) will happen anyway. The question is which "companies" (coins/altcoins) will come out as actually profitable and thus widely used...

I disagree. History is not deterministic. I live next to a highway, and I know I'll statistically live 8 years less because of that. The electric car was invented in the 1880's, and around 1900 there were more electric cars on the road than there are today. The electric car is the better idea, would have saved me from lung cancer. but it didn't happen anyway

different analogy: the tin can was invented in 1772 in the Netherlands, the first can opener was patented in the UK in 1855.

Crypto will only happen if BTC succeeds, if BTC doesn't we might have to wait another 100 years for the crypto revolution.

I don't like waiting. Buy some nodes already.

(edited for typo's)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Supporting Bitcoin should be decided on a case by case bases. Bitcoin is a competitor and a springboard....

There are some over here who are positively having sleepless nights due to the upcoming blokchain 2 thingy, and you want I3 to actually support Nodeshares :o

Lap slap your laptop and peek outside through the window. Millions of people who don't use cryptocurrencies. All of them are done with our current economic model. But their entry into crypto will be Bitcoin.

Widespread adoption of cryptoxxx (currencies/shares...) will happen anyway. The question is which "companies" (coins/altcoins) will come out as actually profitable and thus widely used... 

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile

sumantso

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
BTS to Fiat echanges are being set up - The Project is called Bithaus. Domsch here on the Forum is doing it...

Cool, didn't know the project.

Still, I maintain, that the market price of BTS on the above exchange will be entirely dependent on the health of the bitcoin network.

To make a sloppy analogy: imagine a world where rare metals wouldn't have an industrial use, and wouldn't be regarded as pretty. Gold would have no value, and neither would platinum.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
BTS to Fiat echanges are being set up - The Project is called Bithaus. Domsch here on the Forum is doing it...

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
I'd guess this will be a hard sell around here. If Bitshares is to become what we all think it can be, it can't rise and fall with bitcoin! Initially, yes, bitshares will have important links to bitcoin, but if all works as planned, that won't last long. :)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

At this point, with the total crypto economy valued at a meager 7 (?) billion dollars, we shouldn't be regarding other crypto's as competitors. Since the real competitor is our current economic model.

For the foreseeable future, Bitcoin is the crypto community's only way to achieve mass adoption. And in order to get there it needs all th support it can get. Our bitshares will only have value because they can be traded against BTC, which in turn can be traded against USD/EUR/Whatever.

I understand it is a hard sell, but it is so damn important.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I'd guess this will be a hard sell around here. If Bitshares is to become what we all think it can be, it can't rise and fall with bitcoin! Initially, yes, bitshares will have important links to bitcoin, but if all works as planned, that won't last long. :)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
In order to help keep the Bitcoin network healthy Counterparty just launched the Nodeshares initiative: http://nodeshares.com/
https://www.counterparty.co/full-bitcoin-nodes/

Of course Counterparty is a BTC 'parasite' and you could see this as an attempt to further legitimize Counterparty. Still, its a good thing.

I3 doesn't build on top of BTC, but it is obvious to me that any crypto stands and falls with the success of Bitcoin.

I think I3 should support this initiative.