Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How to get rich in 10 easy steps: an exercise in concentration: Step 1:  (Read 1376 times)

Offline BitcoinJesus2.O

• View Profile

Step 1: solve a problem or come to a consensus:

The fastest way for our community to reach a consensus on the issue of how to design our Bitshares "faucet," is for everyone posting here to provide their own personal wish list for the exact detailed set of "faucet" rules that they think would guarantee maximum adoption of Bitshares EVERY TIME THEY POST.

List your personal favorite proposal at the end of your post so that we can see who is thinking what. It will greatly improve our communication as a group, and assist us on reaching our goal of gaining a unifying social consensus on a single concept.

That way everyone else can choose to either accept or reject individual ideas line by line.  Bite sized progress.  The entrepreneurs who are on the fence trying to decide weather or not they want to honor PTS/AGS holders will be able to see how quickly your personal rule set changes relative to that of the Bitshares community.  We want to show entrepreneurs that we are learning, and adapting quickly.  This will allow consensus to be reached in the shortest amount of time.

If a dev says that a line item in my proposal is impossible to execute, then it is my job to actually read his post and change my proposal to reflect the consensus.  I will provide effort to better the group, and if everyone provides the same effort, then we will reach a consensus in record time.  if bytemaster comes over here, and he is proposing 3% instead of my 4% proposal, then I will change mine to reflect his because we all know that his ideas hold more consensus pooling power.  Again, if I see that my numbers can be slightly adjusted to match the social consensus, then I will change mine to become one with the group.  Maybe we will see that we all are pretty much in consensus currently?

Let's show off our collaboration skills by treating this obstacle like an exercise that will make us a more useful community (a toolkit for inventors).

What I am proposing is simply this:

Sign your posts with your current faucet revision.

Here, I'll start.  This way, you will know exactly where everyone stands and who needs convincing, and arguements will be avoided if you can see that most people are basically on the same page.

OK Boys, game's over, show your cards.

My proposal:

1. total budgeted amount for faucet = 5% of bitshares (200,000) or whatever donations we can pool.  Half life every 2 weeks.  Why 5% because I don't want to give away the farm, but I don't want to come off as cheap to the world.  In the west, a 20% tip at dinnertime is considered "more than gracious."  And since 5 is 1/20 of 100 then mentally in everyones mind around me, 1/20 seems "comfortable and generous."  4% sounds cheap, and 6% seems as big as 5%.  But as a range, I would say no more than 10% and no less than 3% otherwise, just do donations.

2. the distribution below will total 5%

2.5% distributed to Bitcoin holders (they like being first and having the biggest market cap) in the hybrid (pre-announced / unannounced max/min capped) scheme I suggested earlier.  I think that by the time that Bitcoin holders take the Bitshares to the exchange to dump them, then they will see everybody else buying them, and change their mind because they are the "crypto herd"

0.5% to Dogecoin (great marketing abilities alone and they may be slow but they are certainly not stupid) blanket airdrop.  Mini-media field day.  Watch all the youtube videos pop up on your screen.  These guys market like madmen !

0.5% to Peercoin & Gridcoin blanket airdrop.  We support good causes like proof of stake and technological advancement.

0.5% to charities, churches, & media writers who produce an article.  They will be awarded an equal percentage of the total pool after the designated time period.

0.5% to etherium (to be applied equally those in their genesis block as soon as they form it) because we support the open source community.  This virtuous "love thy neighbor" in a land of cut throat competition will garner us the best,  most sweetest etherial love by the world, who will be checking us out just for the human interest alone.  You can't buy this kind of press! ..... oh, wait, we can! You smell that?  it's money! People are easy to tease.......And what's it cost us right now?  A few hundred bucks?  Please, never will you have a second chance to make a first impression, and never again will you be able to get as much BANG for your marketing buck.  Who gives awesome viral publicity to their competitor launching their flagship product? 

"Why the Bitshares community does. They are the definition of open source"

Print me a T-Shirt and bring me a mai-tai, we all are going to be filthy rich!

0.5% - divided among all Keyhotee id's equally after a date that is exactly one month after the launch of Keyhotee.  That way, people will get "paid" a stake in Bitshares to sign up within the first month.  Who's idea was that? It was a great one.  See everybody, I changed my consensus to reflect that of the community.

Anybody who posts that any number of my proposals is impossible, then I will put in the effort for the benefit of the team and change my proposal before signing any posts from here on out.

So lets hear YOUR proposal.

If everyone knows exactly what everyone else is thinking, then we reach a consensus sooner.  Then DA devs will flock here and honor your PTS/AGS.

Act like you want and deserve to get paid, and you just might.

sincerely,
DA

total faucet budget - 5% (2 week half life)
BTC- 2.5 (pre/post announced)
DOGE - 0.5
PEER/GRID - 0.5
ETHER - 0.5
KEYHOTEE - 0.5

Stay on track in this thread and steps 2-10 will be revealed later

bitbro

How to get rich in 10 easy steps: an exercise in concentration: Step 1:
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 03:23:20 AM »
Are you making this up as we go or did you have it all planned out at birth? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fuzzy

total faucet budget - 5% (2 week half life), monthly snapshots of top 10 cryptos
#1 = 2 (pre/post announced)
#2 - 1
#3 - 1
#4 - 0.5
#5 - 0.5
KEYHOTEE - (Use 5000 PTS each month from AGS funds to purchase coins from #6-10, hopefully with a "faucet discount", to be awarded randomly and in random amounts to each Keyhotee ID that signs up within specified period of time)

Probably will require revision

*Also, Decentralized could you respond to my message quick?  I need to get feedback so I know I can meet my deadline of this weekend*
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 05:17:18 AM by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bobmaloney

I like the idea of using Keyhotee.

Is there any way (technically) we can make it mandatory to use Keyhotee to claim the shares?
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Total faucet budget - 7% (2 week half life)

To me, this is about building a buzz and bringing in some people who will help sustain it. My coin choices are the Top 7 coins by social media presence,
http://crypt.la/2014/03/01/top-100-digital-currencies-by-social-media-presence .
There will be time for charity later; get rich first and we will have much more of a positive impact + lots to give away.

Bitcoin: 2.5%
Keyhotee Use Bonus: 1%
Litecoin: 0.5%
Doge: 0.5%
Peercoin: 0.5%
Reddcoin: 0.5%
Vertcoin: 0.5%
Quark: 0.5%
Cryptogenic Bullion: 0.5%
Ethereum and Churches: 0%

bitbro

How to get rich in 10 easy steps: an exercise in concentration: Step 1:
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 06:00:55 AM »

Thanks ;)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BTS: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
when using a 2week half life we really need working binaries for all platforms from start. But that should be on the priorities anyway
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline luckybit

Thanks ;)

+5%

The Keyhotee idea is pretty good.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

Bitcoin: 2.5%
Keyhotee Use Bonus: 1%
Litecoin: 0.5%
Doge: 0.5%
Peercoin: 0.5%
Reddcoin: 0.5%
Vertcoin: 0.5%
Quark: 0.5%
Cryptogenic Bullion: 0.5%
Ethereum and Churches: 0%

I don't agree with these percentages.

Keyhotee is far more important to Bitshares as a community than Bitcoin so to give most to Bitcoin makes no logical sense. Ethereum is also very important to development of the DAC industry, far more important than Bitcoin yet it's getting 0%?

Churches, charities, this is something to do on a case by case basis. I think we can all agree on Keyhotee, and we might be able to cooperate with Ethereum because both dev teams know each other.

I also disagree with the premise "get rich first" because I don't think you'll get rich if you don't create a new industry. I don't think you can bootstrap a new industry without first creating a community. Ethereum is trying to create the same DAC industry that Bitshares is trying to create so the two communities need strategic alliances. Mastercoin, Counterparty, want to build DACs and grow the industry.

Dogecoin, they are proven to give to charity and have a strong community willing to take risks. Blackcoin is focused in on creating a community of savers and making a store of wealth currency which is the same goal that Bitshares has.

So these are the coins I suggest for an alliance via Airdrop. I would say with Dogecoin it's a gamble as most of them are probably not going to understand what the DAC is but I think that community is probably going to grow a lot  so it might be worth it.

Blackcoin is in my opinion more important than Litecoin and Bitcoin not because of quick money but because the Blackcoin community has both the skill and motivation to be of great benefit to the Bitshares community. Their business model is genius and they are really one of the first coins which has adopted a business model around itself based on making profits for its shareholders and have proven it to be effective.

Gather community first, then we can get rich together.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 11:09:24 PM by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Keyhotee is far more important to Bitshares as a community than Bitcoin so to give most to Bitcoin makes no logical sense. Ethereum is also very important to development of the DAC industry, far more important than Bitcoin yet it's getting 0%?

Churches, charities, this is something to do on a case by case basis. I think we can all agree on Keyhotee, and we might be able to cooperate with Ethereum because both dev teams know each other.

I'm not set on those percentages either. Keyhotee could be much higher...or even all of it. I was using the 2.5% for Bitcoin that DL, I mean DA, had suggested. And the 0.5%'s are just making the point that the top social media coins would probably give us the biggest bang for their buck. Those could be adjusted, too. I don't see why include Ethereum, but I'll leave that choice to others who understand the cooperation and politics between these two groups better than I do. How would you allocate a drop?

Offline luckybit

Re: How to get rich in 10 easy steps: an exercise in concentration: Step 1:
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 11:21:29 PM »

I'm not set on those percentages either. Keyhotee could be much higher...or even all of it. I was using the 2.5% for Bitcoin that DL, I mean DA, had suggested. And the 0.5%'s are just making the point that the top social media coins would probably give us the biggest bang for their buck. Those could be adjusted, too. I don't see why include Ethereum, but I'll leave that choice to others who understand the cooperation and politics between these two groups better than I do. How would you allocate a drop?

I would do the drop in such a way that it's AGS being dropped and not BTS. They'll have to buy BTS, but they'd get AGS so that they share a stake in the future successes of the DACs which honor AGS. This would actually make it more likely that DACs will honor AGS because more people will own AGS.  It would also build the network effect.

I would allocate it based around potential strategic significance for the Bitshares and DAC community. I would find some formula from which to measure strategic significance based on agreed upon criteria.

I don't think we should be focused on "getting rich" because you have to lay a foundation before getting rich will mean anything. Getting rich without a foundation equals pump and dump, and what you want is to have a dump resistant DAC industry which grows every year.

I think allocation is something I'm not so concerned with if it's coming from AGS. 5% or even 10% of AGS going to this would be just fine really as it would only affect people buying AGS going into the future and most of us already bought ours. The marketing expense will be paid by people who buy AGS after the Airdrop.

Another way of doing it is to let people mine for Bitshares as I said in previous posts, and for shares in other DACs as well as they go online. If that can be arranged right and if a strategic alliance can be formed with the Blackcoin community it could be mutually beneficial because they have mastered the art of pumping with dump resistance even though their technology wont be as powerful as Bitshares.

Bitshares should find a way to market itself Blackcoin pools offering a hybrid payout of Bitshares and Blackcoin for example. I would think miners would love it and Blackcoin owners would get a 50/50 split. The Airdrop could be used to give the pool operators incentive to form the alliance in the first place.

So do the Airdrop and at the same time, market Keyhotee and Bitshares on their mining pool in exchange for the Airdrop. As they own AGS they'll have a stake in the success of future DACs. They will not be able to sell the AGS either and the way for them to get BTS will be to mine for it on hybrid mining pools (BC/BTS payout).

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 12:25:46 AM »

I would do the drop in such a way that it's AGS being dropped and not BTS. They'll have to buy BTS, but they'd get AGS so that they share a stake in the future successes of the DACs which honor AGS. This would actually make it more likely that DACs will honor AGS because more people will own AGS.  It would also build the network effect.

+5%

This better airddropping scenario. Making BTS valuable.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BTS: Stan
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 01:00:20 AM »

+5%

This better airddropping scenario. Making BTS valuable.

I like the idea, but how would this be done without "altering the agreement"?  That always seems to cause wailing and gnashing of teeth.  :)

Also, AGS is designed to be a targeted group of proven patron donors.  Once developers figure out that this is a "mailing list" of people they want to court as supporters, it will be the most valuable thing to honor.  If you mix in people who are not donors, you dilute the demographic and therefore harm the "pulling power" of those who did donate.

Recall that PTS is designed to be a targeted "mailing list" of proven saver-supporters who won't grab and dump.

Now, if someone created a third "mailing list" proto-coin, separate from PTS and AGS, that honored a mix of the first-generation industry leaders, then future snapshots would have the option to attract them with their own 10% if they so desired.  Maybe it would be called "BitShares POS" and make it a nice neutral introduction to profitable DPOS block-chains for everybody.

Just a wild idea.  What would be the pros and cons of that?

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 01:07:35 AM »
Just a wild idea.  What would be the pros and cons of that?

Just ignore the airdrop thing and make more ideas of DACs. Bitshare has already been snapshot. To get/have bitshare is thru an exchange. Not as bounty for marketing. PTS is already doing that.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 01:45:14 AM »

I like the idea, but how would this be done without "altering the agreement"?  That always seems to cause wailing and gnashing of teeth.  :)

Why not run a poll and see who would be opposed to ending the AGS donation period a little early, then use these AGS for the air drop? Alternatively, the final weeks of AGS could be for airdrop donations only. That is, no one donating on those days would get any AGS shares themselves; shares from donations received all would go towards the air drop. And then you've got the dropped shares embedded into the whole family tree (aside from any earlier snapshots), which would be less of a headache than DAC developers having to figure this out each time.

Google+