Author Topic: Bitshares Podcast  (Read 4542 times)

Offline fuzzy

tldr: I'm happy to fit my project into whatever you're working on. Collaboration is the word of the age right?

Wow fuzznuts, It really sounds like you're on the ball. I like the idea of "beyond Bitcoin but i'm also aware that that is the name Invictus chose for their conference. This would be ideal except that I'm beginning to think that maybe instead of being Bitshares news oriented it might be more useful to the community to focus on explaining new blockchain innovations though interviews. It doesn't make sense to limit the reach of the show to Bitshares when there is so much going on that is worth including. Broader content means a broader listenership too.

With the complimentary work you're doing it does make sense to partner though and given you have chosen Beyond Bitcoin for your project then it makes sense for me to adopt the branding too. I was wondering what to do about building a website which, given my club footed coding ability, is somewhat challenging.

What do you think of starting with an episode on Proof of Stake? The evolution of Invictus' security model from mining based to DPOS is a valuable process to examine I think and showcases the benefits and drawbacks of various approaches. This will also give listeners a knowledge base for us to build on.

+5% this guy gets it

+5% precisely why I wanted THIS community to be part of Beyond Bitcoin first...  I truly look forward to chatting it up with you man.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
tldr: I'm happy to fit my project into whatever you're working on. Collaboration is the word of the age right?

Wow fuzznuts, It really sounds like you're on the ball. I like the idea of "beyond Bitcoin but i'm also aware that that is the name Invictus chose for their conference. This would be ideal except that I'm beginning to think that maybe instead of being Bitshares news oriented it might be more useful to the community to focus on explaining new blockchain innovations though interviews. It doesn't make sense to limit the reach of the show to Bitshares when there is so much going on that is worth including. Broader content means a broader listenership too.

With the complimentary work you're doing it does make sense to partner though and given you have chosen Beyond Bitcoin for your project then it makes sense for me to adopt the branding too. I was wondering what to do about building a website which, given my club footed coding ability, is somewhat challenging.

What do you think of starting with an episode on Proof of Stake? The evolution of Invictus' security model from mining based to DPOS is a valuable process to examine I think and showcases the benefits and drawbacks of various approaches. This will also give listeners a knowledge base for us to build on.

+5% this guy gets it
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline legendface66

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

Mike Maloney's anti inflation stance and enthusiasm for a superior but as yet unknown economic system bodes well. His intuition of a coming age of enlightenment gels with the intellectualism of the distributed-crypto space. The application of concepts developed in computer science to other fields, especially economics and social organisation, is the grand conceptual step forward of our age (I reckon).

Personally, I'm thinking about DPOS, BitsharesDNS, and MaidSafe, right now. Each is, in it's own way, a game changing idea.

While I'm listing, what do you guys think of Wolframs "A New Kind of Science" and these new distributed networks looked at through the lens of complex systems theory in general?

Same question, but the ideas of Nassim Taleb's Antifragile?

Finally onto the "color of the barn" what do you think the podcast should me called?

I personally like "BitShares Podcast".  Easy to remember and to the point. 

How I did it was to start a thread asking precisely this question.  After a period of a few days, I took the answers and started a vote thread on which one would be best.  You can find that here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3156.0

Secondly, I have more than enough to do with Beyond Bitcoin, and even have a domain registered called "Beyond Bitcoin Show", so if you ever decide that you'd like to partner up I'd be more than willing to cede a podcast to you.  There are many potential ways of doing this...just think that one option over though.  No pressure, of course...but if you have a talking voice that makes the ladies swoon, well then I'm willing to bet you are an asset to the Beyond Bitcoin ;)

Mike Maloney's anti inflation stance and enthusiasm for a superior but as yet unknown economic system bodes well. His intuition of a coming age of enlightenment gels with the intellectualism of the distributed-crypto space. The application of concepts developed in computer science to other fields, especially economics and social organisation, is the grand conceptual step forward of our age (I reckon).

Personally, I'm thinking about DPOS, BitsharesDNS, and MaidSafe, right now. Each is, in it's own way, a game changing idea.

While I'm listing, what do you guys think of Wolframs "A New Kind of Science" and these new distributed networks looked at through the lens of complex systems theory in general?

Finally onto the "color of the barn" what do you think the podcast should me called?

As for Mike Maloney, I love the idea of getting him too.  We should pool our resources to get these people mobilized around our efforts.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:30:20 am by fuznuts »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Wtf is the difference between social entrepreneurship and marketing????  Can't we stick with the shorter, better-known term?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotten to off topic. I will post it separately somewhere else... Here it is https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4184.msg52578#msg52578
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:13:53 am by delulo »

Offline fuzzy

While we're talking about world-class debates, here's a question:

1.  Who among the top-tier respected sound money advocates (e.g. Peter Schiff and his peers) would be the most likely to support crypto-assets if they somehow had the chance to consider the BitShares profitable DAC metaphor instead of the Bitcoin currency metaphor?

2.  What is a good link to a statement of their current position on Bitcoin and crypto-currencies in general?

I have sent a request to have Chris Duane come to our Beyond Bitcoin channel to discuss this in an open format.  The way I see it going is that we would have as many members from the forums as we can get log onto their youtube accounts, and each personally request he do an interview for our community (link for my post is here if you want to up-vote it: https://www.youtube.com/user/TruthNeverTold/discussion) . We would keep this up and continue occasionally posting in this fashion until we finally get him to accept. 

The day we get confirmation of the interview acceptance, we will start working on figuring out the date/time for it to occur.  Once this is done, we post to the Beyond Bitcoin Subreddit under the heading "Chris Duane Interview, 1 May 14"--approximately 1 week in advance.  Under this heading, we will have forum members and other crypto community's members post questions and vote them up/down.  At the end of the week, we will have a list of questions in descending order based on the popularity of the questions. 

Bytemaster would then have this "debate"/conversation and forum members would log in and have their devices muted, using the chat feature to converse during this time, instead.  After the debate/conversation, there will be an interlude of approximately 5-10 minutes when those logged into the server can go back on the subreddit and finalize their questions/votes. 

The interlude could provide a time space where we could run a commercial for the individual we showcased, along with sponsors from DACs that honor social consensus in some form, or really anything else we feel is important to help move us forward.  (I am currently not sure if I want to monetize this as I want people to trust the motivation behind why Beyond Bitcoin was originally created...but I could potentially be persuaded otherwise if good arguments are made--or good causes found to donate the funds to)

After the interlude, we come back and those who had the questions voted highest by the community would have their mic's unmuted and would ask their question to either Chris, Bytemaster...or both. 

After the interview is over I take the recorded file, add it to a video editor along with a premade image with Chris Duane's and Dan's portraits and we upload it to the Beyond Bitcoin Youtube Channel.  From there, we can Tweet it through the Beyond Bitcoin Twitter account, post the link to the the subreddit(s) and BitShare's official Facebook can post it there. 

I have thought long and hard about these formats and hope this sounds like an acceptable means of accomplishing it.  Please let me know what you guys think.   

@Legend, I want to do anything possible to help you out despite your inet connection.  With that said, lets chat offline about options.  We need content creators and especially someone other than me with a "voice made for radio" (I sound like Stevo, from "Jackass"--except for, ironically, when I sing).  Honestly, you might be able to do voice-overs for us as that would not require a fast, low latency inet connection...and sending .wav files will not take extraordinarily long time even on a 56k connection.  Please let me know how I and the community can help you help us :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:29:27 am by fuznuts »

Offline legendface66

• View Profile

Offline onceuponatime

1.  Who among the top-tier respected sound money advocates (e.g. Peter Schiff and his peers) would be the most likely to support crypto-assets if they somehow had the chance to consider the BitShares profitable DAC metaphor instead of the Bitcoin currency metaphor?

2.  What is a good link to a statement of their current position on Bitcoin and crypto-currencies in general?

The two most likely that I can think of are:

Jeff Berwick of  http://dollarvigilante.com/

and

Mike Maloney    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mike+maloney

Both are very strong advocates of Bitcoin.

What Is Bitcoin? Mike Maloney
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apmw2wFzxfM

Bitcoin Encryption Vs Government Counterfeit - What Do You Think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35r9VHUblVM

Offline onceuponatime

The two most likely that I can think of are:

Jeff Berwick of  http://dollarvigilante.com/

and

Mike Maloney    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mike+maloney

Both are very strong advocates of Bitcoin.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline legendface66

• View Profile
my internet is not much better than dial up and I'm at work till the 18th so I'm kind of participating at a distance

Offline legendface66

• View Profile
I like the idea of the mumble discussion for debate and recorded google hangouts are very useful, think of the LTBCoin announcement. Airdrops seem like a great discussion to start with. I'll school myself up on the various sides of the argument and include a section on that. I cant create and publish any content due to my current location so it won't be till after Easter.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Hello Bitshares forum. You don't know me because I never post but I read you guys every day.

Within two weeks I hope to release the first episode of a podcast detailing the developments which are taking place in the bitshares ecosystem. I'm no computer scientist but I've been avidly following Invictus since the debut of Protoshares, I also posses a neutrally accented baritone. Hopefully that's sufficient to qualify me for the role.

A bi-weekly podcast allows people to make bitshares part of their weekly routine so this will be the ultimate goal. Initially however one episode a week seems like a more manageable workload.

Let's hash out the most important questions on the minds of the community and come up with detailed, concise, easily understood answers. I myself am very much a layman so my ability to understand and re communicate will inevitably be the litmus test here.

Tell me what you think guys. If you're interested in getting involved please speak up and let's start producing some media!

8)

Here is an important debate I recommend for discussion.

The role of social entrepreneurship, building community, and the effectiveness of airdrops.

For the most part a majority agree that an airdrop should happen, but we don't all agree on why it should happen or how. My side of the debate is that airdrops should happen to promote long term strategic alliances and to grow the community. The strategy I proposed is based around courting social entrepreneurs and rewarding community service with airdrops. Details can be found if you check my profile for my posts.

I think it's a main topic of discussion for the forum at this time and it needs to at least be more thoroughly addressed in the podcast format. Many people are not going to want to read every post but having the different arguments discussed in a podcast would be neat as anyone could just listen to the podcast.

@Lucky

The mumble server can be used precisely for this...and can be more inclusive of the community than a podcast, though of course a podcast would end up being one of the perfect means for publishing what the group consensus ends up being.  It is far more efficient to speak over VOIP services for big topics like this and use forums to refine the consensus agreed upon during these sessions...
Record them with a Google Hangout and post the session under "Beyond Bitcoin" channel.  Then do a podcast with the Devs and key decision makers to speak about the pros, cons and contingencies of the finalized concensus. 

So where are you man??!
If I have the time to figure mumble out maybe in future debates I'll take part.

For podcast discussions I think we should let pros do a professional podcast for popular consumption. There are people who want to do podcasting, who know how to explain these things in succinct and concise ways for the general audience.

Think of Adam from LetsTalkBitcoin for example.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 10:54:24 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

bitbro

What is the difference between social entrepreneurship and marketing????  Can't we stick with the shorter, better-known term?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 08:07:23 pm by bitbro »

Offline fuzzy

Hello Bitshares forum. You don't know me because I never post but I read you guys every day.

Within two weeks I hope to release the first episode of a podcast detailing the developments which are taking place in the bitshares ecosystem. I'm no computer scientist but I've been avidly following Invictus since the debut of Protoshares, I also posses a neutrally accented baritone. Hopefully that's sufficient to qualify me for the role.

A bi-weekly podcast allows people to make bitshares part of their weekly routine so this will be the ultimate goal. Initially however one episode a week seems like a more manageable workload.

Let's hash out the most important questions on the minds of the community and come up with detailed, concise, easily understood answers. I myself am very much a layman so my ability to understand and re communicate will inevitably be the litmus test here.

Tell me what you think guys. If you're interested in getting involved please speak up and let's start producing some media!

8)

The role of social entrepreneurship, building community, and the effectiveness of airdrops.

For the most part a majority agree that an airdrop should happen, but we don't all agree on why it should happen or how. My side of the debate is that airdrops should happen to promote long term strategic alliances and to grow the community. The strategy I proposed is based around courting social entrepreneurs and rewarding community service with airdrops. Details can be found if you check my profile for my posts.

I think it's a main topic of discussion for the forum at this time and it needs to at least be more thoroughly addressed in the podcast format. Many people are not going to want to read every post but having the different arguments discussed in a podcast would be neat as anyone could just listen to the podcast.

@Lucky

The mumble server can be used precisely for this...and can be more inclusive of the community than a podcast, though of course a podcast would end up being one of the perfect means for publishing what the group consensus ends up being.  It is far more efficient to speak over VOIP services for big topics like this and use forums to refine the consensus agreed upon during these sessions...
Record them with a Google Hangout and post the session under "Beyond Bitcoin" channel.  Then do a podcast with the Devs and key decision makers to speak about the pros, cons and contingencies of the finalized concensus. 

So where are you man??!

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

8)

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

it is official.  Legendface is the first Beyond Bitcoin Mumbler :)

Thanks Toast.  We are waiting for all of you to jump in and say hi.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:28:37 pm by fuznuts »

Offline legendface66

• View Profile
Sounds like there is some productive discourse in that thread. I'll draw out the conclusions and report on them ;-)

Offline Chartist

• View Profile
Sweet! I'm always looking for good crypto related podcasts, but there aren't very many. Be sure to upload it to Stitcher too and not just itunes.
@BTC_Analyst
PTS - PfBmz147Mt6aU3tZ38PyFLMT8P1oxy8NVz
MMC - MRxPyEDRbQFcEpeTdv2B6oXUKWTxeFqWsq

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
You should talk to forum member "fuznuts" who is trying to organize something similar

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Sounds great!!  +5%

Offline legendface66

• View Profile

8)