Author Topic: Airdropping to Bitcoin lessens the value of Bitshare  (Read 2582 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I mean organically, as those people enter the system, not as an automatic aurora borealis fiction!

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Any airdrop for remaining DACs will more than pay for itself. This will increase the market cap and your shares will be worth much more.

Wrong. Do you understand what market cap is?

-
Take a 100 coins worth $1 each.
Gives you a market cap of $100.
Releasing 100 more coins doesn't mean you automatically double your market cap. This would actually be like a stock split but instead, that extra new share goes to some completely different stock holder.

See AuroraCoin and how it's market cap dropped 50% the day they "airdropped" to the "people of Iceland".

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Yes it is the only DAC so far been snapped shot.  And for that bitshare is so valuable and no need for airdrop .  But regards to DACs that are not yet spawned,  this is another story.  It will have a fair ground so to speak. Airdropping to bitcoin holders is also  another thing I oppose.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
By "remaining", I mean every DAC post-Bitshares X, which to my knowledge is the only one which has had a snapshot.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Any airdrop for remaining DACs will more than pay for itself. This will increase the market cap and your shares will be worth much more.

Now this suggestion is what make sense. To those DACs that has not been spawn from PTS/AGS. It can be done fairly.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I get the impression that about half the people in this airdrop discussion don't realize Bitshares XT is still 50/50 PTS/AGS. Are you making this claim about X or about future DACs?

In either case, you make a good point that a snapshot and an airdrop are equivalent and that "snapshot" has less baggage.

+5%

Im valuing the X since it has been already snapshot. Now the only way to get bitshare it thru exchange NOT airdrop.

This is correct.  100% of BitShares XT are already owned by somebody and nobody has the authority to reallocate them.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:07:52 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
I get the impression that about half the people in this airdrop discussion don't realize Bitshares XT is still 50/50 PTS/AGS. Are you making this claim about X or about future DACs?

In either case, you make a good point that a snapshot and an airdrop are equivalent and that "snapshot" has less baggage.

+5%

Im valuing the X since it has been already snapshot. Now the only way to get bitshare it thru exchange NOT airdrop.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
It's simple logic. Bitshare has more valueble than any other crytocurrencies. That is the essence of the it being snapshot from PTS and BTC holders. Bytemaster has been thoroughly getting the blockchain ready. From Proof of Momentum to DPOS, so much procedures have been endured. And yet some guys think "airdropping" is a good way of marketing bitshare. The way I see it is Bitshare once it released, the value for it will be lessen because it has been distributed via airdropping. This is unacceptable for both PTS and AGS holders that have believed the own capability of bitshare. If airdropping has been pursued, bitcoin holders will simply have bitshares with no investment. Bitshare has its own shadow.